What's new

Live valve/dynamix/ smart shok & things

Poke

I’m condescending
Member Number
How does tuning work with these systems? Spring changes? Tire size Etc?

Do I need this on my race car like the 4400 guys are using now or is it a plague with out someone programming it to keep up with car adjustments?

WTH is alltech working on as their solution?

i need a new SxS so.....if I get it will the weight/tires size/ spring changes screw it up

I'm not convinced its necessary vs a quality shock tuning, at least in the SxS world. Just another gimmick to add to the cost and complicate things when it fucks up. And you know it will at some point...

My buddy just sent his Honda Talon Fox shocks to G-Force Racing in Tennessee for a full rework. Valving, springs adjusters, ect. He said the differences are unreal. It jumps flat, turns like its on rails and rides 1000% better at high speeds over rough terrain than it ever did before. He will be up in NH in a few weeks to race it. :smokin:

Mountain Mud Run?

"live valve" varrys from machine to machine a lot.

When I bought my sxs the option was $2k and it went from manual 3 position clickers on each shock to a 2 way switch on the dash :homer:

The rzr pro has what seems like it could be pretty sweet actually. Tons more adjustment and a "panic" button on the steering wheel for when a g out sneaks up on you. Instead of just slamming on the brakes and bottoming out, you hit the button and ~3 secs of full stiff (that's what she said :flipoff2:​​​​​​)

I'd still take professionally tuned shocks with external adjustments for different terrain for the money.

I dont think its a plague, just an add on. I know that companies other than just fox had bottom out buttons at koh. I think tune your shocks and springs and let live valve take it farther. It is imo one of the more exciting new technologies.

you may have to occasionally calibrate senskrs, but i doubt you need to constantly recalibrate.

I dont think its a plague, just an add on. I know that companies other than just fox had bottom out buttons at koh. I think tune your shocks and springs and let live valve take it farther. It is imo one of the more exciting new technologies.

you may have to occasionally calibrate senskrs, but i doubt you need to constantly recalibrate.

What I don't understand is how tied in the math is to the springs, car weight, and tire size.

Aside from Fox I think the other companies stuff is very rudimentary. They are learning how to implement in a racing environment. They’re basically giving the driver more control to alter the shocks while they drive.

I have not talked to a Fox guy specifically about this, And I can speculate all day. I do know that in the newer raptor stuff you can take out the LiveWire and just put in a DSC adjuster. I guess the originals you could not. Maybe look into what the raptor guys are saying because they change a lot of stuff too.

Aside from Fox I think the other companies stuff is very rudimentary. They are learning how to implement in a racing environment. They’re basically giving the driver more control to alter the shocks while they drive.

I have not talked to a Fox guy specifically about this, And I can speculate all day. I do know that in the newer raptor stuff you can take out the LiveWire and just put in a DSC adjuster. I guess the originals you could not. Maybe look into what the raptor guys are saying because they change a lot of stuff too.

i suspect its a fast acting stepper motor 'turning' the dsc adjuster and they made it fiT in the dsc spot for manufacturing.

But fox gave the tech to can am. So is it really basic and where do I go to the advanced tech?

What I don't understand is how tied in the math is to the springs, car weight, and tire size.

i think you are over thinking things. based on the video posted, its reacting to pressure generated in the shock. just like tubes on an eternal bypass, you got to be close or its not going to do you much good.

But fox gave the tech to can am. So is it really basic and where do I go to the advanced tech?

just have thewayne get you a set of 3.0 IBPs dialed with the dsc for some fine tuning. no way id want live valve on my race setup.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh