What's new

Little Datsun 720

This is a cool project. I love to see uncommon rigs and DIY fab work, so this is the best of both worlds. Your exhaust welds look really good, any tips on techniques for welding exhaust pipe? Last time I tried it, it looked like shit.

This is a cool project. I love to see uncommon rigs and DIY fab work, so this is the best of both worlds. Your exhaust welds look really good, any tips on techniques for welding exhaust pipe? Last time I tried it, it looked like shit.

For exhaust tube I just pretend I'm a robot. No weird oscillating, don't get fancy with the mig gun just run a straight line over the joint. Like everything else in welding this only works if your settings and travel speed are correct.

And thanks, good to know you're enjoying the thread so far.

needs updates.

Nothing worth posting. I changed the slow, barely working starter for a new gear reduction one. I haven't be been able to work on it or drive it now than about 50 miles.

I guess I could post this since it's related and will be making an appearance on here eventually.

IMG_20220118_143157475_HDR~3.jpg

I know, it's like a whole different truck now.

IMG_20210908_144946524.jpg
I have the same Pro Comp Wheels but in Black and even with the 35's I felt the difference in the weight since they're lighter than even my 17" Toyota wheels that were on it and the factory 15" steelies

I ended up removing about 17 inches of the bed making it a 5 foot bed. I ran into some rust and quite a bit of body filler, especially on the driver side. One of the body lines was completely made out of filler. I do need to add some bondo in the future but there are a few more body mods I want to take care of first.

IMG_20220406_192713225.jpg

I also removed the bumper and welded in a reciever hitch behind the license plate.

IMG_20220406_192725554.jpg

I ended up removing about 17 inches of the bed making it a 5 foot bed. I ran into some rust and quite a bit of body filler, especially on the driver side. One of the body lines was completely made out of filler. I do need to add some bondo in the future but there are a few more body mods I want to take care of first.

IMG_20220406_192713225.jpg

I also removed the bumper and welded in a reciever hitch behind the license plate.

IMG_20220406_192725554.jpg
TOP NOTCH 🍻

Some parking lot poser stuff.
IMG_20220514_192345173_HDR.jpg

Looking down at the parking lot from that cliff makes the truck look teeny tiny.

IMG_20220514_194905702~2.jpg

The perils of learning to drive a manual transmission.

IMG_20220623_115037284.jpg

IMG_20220623_115012531.jpg

IMG_20220623_115136915_HDR.jpg

Oof. Story time?
Meh, showing my 14 year old nephew the ropes. It was in 4 low and he was doing pretty good. Just mistook one of the pedals and laid on the gas until a tree and ain't rocks stopped him. Probably a little panicked but he is all good, not even a scratch. Just been hanging out with him, he says he is ready to try again:lmao:

Manual transmission doesn't mean the brakes and steering wheel work different.

Report to the fail thread.

For someone who knows everything you sure are a dumb shit.

I was showing someone in my family how to drive a manual transmission. I can see why the thought never occurred to you because you probably live alone with absolutely no one in your life.

For someone who knows everything you sure are a dumb shit.

I was showing someone in my family how to drive a manual transmission. I can see why the thought never occurred to you because you probably live alone with absolutely no one in your life.
I've taught two people to drive manual in the Aerostar and one in the Ranger. Neither of them crashed it or came close.

Sounds like somebody put a 14yo in a driving situation they had no fucking business being in regardless of the type of transmission the vehicle has.

I stand by my prior statement. Report to the fail thread.

I've taught two people to drive manual in the Aerostar and one in the Ranger. Neither of them crashed it or came close.

Sounds like somebody put a 14yo in a driving situation they had no fucking business being in regardless of the type of transmission the vehicle has.

You should really get your prescription refilled...

Reactions: Dan

Whoopee do, literally means nothing. Everyone is different and learns differently. But go ahead and pat yourself on the back, no one else is going to.

Of course you stand by what you said, you're willing to die on any mountain that presents itself if you have an opinion about it.

I stand by you being a complete idiot who thinks they know everything but you don't know shit. Quit pretending like you know anything about the current generation or anything outside of your pathetic, lonely little life.

I have a hard time getting parts for my 95 Pathfinder so I can't imagine a 720

Whoopee do, literally means nothing. Everyone is different and learns differently. But go ahead and pat yourself on the back, no one else is going to.

Of course you stand by what you said, you're willing to die on any mountain that presents itself if you have an opinion about it.

I stand by you being a complete idiot who thinks they know everything but you don't know shit. Quit pretending like you know anything about the current generation or anything outside of your pathetic, lonely little life.
But he could have gotten it cheaper :grinpimp:

What a roller coaster of a thread lol. Bummer.

What’s the current status?

Top Back Refresh