What's new
  • We'll try and work the KoH live feeds into the site again next week.
    If you're racing or part of team post up the Team, Car # and what races here so we can display them with the feed.
    --> POST HERE <--

Little Datsun 720

mastadon

Cunning Linguist
Member Number
Loc
Tucson, AZ
This is a cool project. I love to see uncommon rigs and DIY fab work, so this is the best of both worlds. Your exhaust welds look really good, any tips on techniques for welding exhaust pipe? Last time I tried it, it looked like shit.

Dan

CAL4
Member Number
Loc
N/A
This is a cool project. I love to see uncommon rigs and DIY fab work, so this is the best of both worlds. Your exhaust welds look really good, any tips on techniques for welding exhaust pipe? Last time I tried it, it looked like shit.

For exhaust tube I just pretend I'm a robot. No weird oscillating, don't get fancy with the mig gun just run a straight line over the joint. Like everything else in welding this only works if your settings and travel speed are correct.

And thanks, good to know you're enjoying the thread so far.

Dan

CAL4
Member Number
Loc
N/A
needs updates.

Nothing worth posting. I changed the slow, barely working starter for a new gear reduction one. I haven't be been able to work on it or drive it now than about 50 miles.

Dan

CAL4
Member Number
Loc
N/A
I guess I could post this since it's related and will be making an appearance on here eventually.

IMG_20220118_143157475_HDR~3.jpg