What's new

LineX question

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
Is LineX still the bedliner to get? I am looking to put it on my new truck.

Also, the bolts holding the bed are above the floor - does linex coat over them? And if I wanted to install the factory fifth wheel gooseneck prep package (the puck thing), should I do that firat, or I can drill the holes later?

Thanks

I had them go over mine so they didn't fuck up the Aluminum bed torque/yield bolts.
If I had regular bed bolts I would just have them pull them and reinstall.

You can drill later for sure but the edges will be raw, if I knew I was going to install hitch I would go ahead and cut the holes so the linex would round over the edges.

the LineX in my grandfather's truck seemed to be nicer and more durable than the factory spray in my 2016 F350. After 15(?) years it was still in good shape the last time I saw it. Whatever liner is in the bed of my truck is cracking like dry mud in a few spots.

Throw down a few coats of the cheap stuff then toss in a drop in liner. You get the abrasion resistance of the spray on and the rigidity of the drop in. Best of both worlds.

Pull any bolts you ever intend to remove and cut any holes you think you'll need before you paint.

Throw down a few coats of the cheap stuff then toss in a drop in liner. You get the abrasion resistance of the spray on and the rigidity of the drop in. Best of both worlds.

Pull any bolts you ever intend to remove and cut any holes you think you'll need before you paint.

"Dis-Like"

I feel you gonna get a awesome shuffle board surface for sliding the shit in your bed at a high rate of speed to your cab and tailgate...

drop in liners are the best for up here
they never rust out, where the spray-in stuff requires the metal behind it (and it accelerates rust just like powdercoat does)
your box can be totally full of holes and you'll never notice until the bedsides fold in from strapping shit down

I yield the balance of my time to the gentleman from Minnesota...:homer:

[486 said:
;n299916]drop in liners are the best for up here
they never rust out, where the spray-in stuff requires the metal behind it (and it accelerates rust just like powdercoat does)
your box can be totally full of holes and you'll never notice until the bedsides fold in from strapping shit down

Its a ford, its aluminum. Bed isnt going to be rusting away.

i dont think the bed is AL is it?

i m wairinf for the 5th wheel prep package to get here, after thats installed i will go to line x.

How do you reinstall the bolts over the linex??

i dont think the bed is AL is it?

i m wairinf for the 5th wheel prep package to get here, after thats installed i will go to line x.

How do you reinstall the bolts over the linex??

Pretty sure that they have been aluminum beds since 2017 on the 250 & 350

It doesnt matter what brand you pick, all the same shit. It also doesnt matter about the hardware because you wont be working on or pulling the bed for any reason.

Its a ford, its aluminum. Bed isnt going to be rusting away.

Have you ever seen a boat in the ocean?

got it done today.
it is a must.

carried a trans that barely touched the inside of tailgate and put a nasty gouge dent in it. ugh.

linex is awesome. money well spent

Did you get the clear coat over it? It is leaps and bounds better than what ever Western Hauler used on my bed. I peeled that crap off and went with LineX.

Clear coat? no I dont think so.. what does that do? I dont care about UV protecting the shine..

Top Back Refresh