What's new

Let's talk paid hunts

FlatLander

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Questions, comments, and preferably personal experiences on paid hunts.
In the U.S or abroad, what did you hunt, how was the experience, weapon of choice, pricing and most importantly post those trophy pictures.

I've never paid to hunt, mostly just deer hunt in Southern Ohio and couple other things here and there in the state.
However, a buddy won what seemed to be a decent deal on a hog hunt in Texas from Independence Ranch. Has anyone been there or know of it? A quick Google doesn't bring up the best of reviews.
3 Days/2 Nights
Lodging, food & drinks (No Alcohol) from their On-site restaurant. Other places come with a stocked kitchen and grills.
2 Hogs, unlimited Piglets. $1/lb to process. Noticed Some places had a flat rate.
+ 2 predators or varmints. I like this, but not really expecting to see much else due to their location and property size.

I've never paid to hunt, mostly just deer hunt in Southern Ohio and couple other things here and there in the state.
However, a buddy won what seemed to be a decent deal on a hog hunt in Texas from Independence Ranch. Has anyone been there or know of it? A quick Google doesn't bring up the best of reviews.
3 Days/2 Nights
Lodging, food & drinks (No Alcohol) from their On-site restaurant. Other places come with a stocked kitchen and grills.
2 Hogs, unlimited Piglets. $1/lb to process. Noticed Some places had a flat rate.
+ 2 predators or varmints. I like this, but not really expecting to see much else due to their location and property size.

Look it up on TexasBowhunter. There are a bunch of threads about it. Dude that runs it sounds like a shyster.

Been on a handful. Some successful, some not. Always tried to get first week of rifle season. If you're paying, you want the best odds. The rut can play into that though. Most of the trips we planned well in advance with my regular crew so that we would have the whole camp. I'm east coast flatlander hunting MD,WV and PA. Found out real quick they are stingy with the oxygen in MT. I was a little better prepared the second trip and it payed off. Our gang did East Carolina white tail and had a lot of fun the two years we went. Brooks @ Beech Swamp was great.

Obligatory pics. Ignore the ugly.
my elk.JPG

7 for 7. 5x5 or better
7.JPG

East Carolina
20171017_200609.jpg

Top Back Refresh