What's new

let's talk goggles.

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
What do you guys prefer for riding goggle? been using Oakley O frames but open to other options. Trying to keep it under $50-60 a pair if possible.

What do you guys prefer for riding goggle? been using Oakley O frames but open to other options. Trying to keep it under $50-60 a pair if possible.
I've found the 100% brand fits my fat face better than Oakleys. Super comfortable to me. If it's just sand dunes and not dust, though, I sometimes use the super cheap Amazon ripoff Wiley-X's, though.

It's a premium from your price range, but I picked up a set of Havoc Infinity goggles last year.

Big lenses with good visiblity, magnetic removable lenses (paid the extra for a clear), customizable strap/frame/lenses colors.

I use the 100% brand goggles when I wear my MX helmet. They fit well, the lenses don't distort stuff like the cheaper ones do and the price isn't horrible.

oh yea this is for trail riding and dust is the issue here.. I don't do sand

OHV Wildcat good to know of the size.. I have a fat head as well. which model 100% are you using? :beer:

RPS1030 I will check out that link. :beer:

SLOWPOKE693 OHV Wildcat where are you guys buying your 100% goggles? RMATV?

I use the Strata 2's. They are not the "high end" 100% goggles but get the job done. I tend to leave them laying around where they can get scratches or damaged so I go for the cheaper ones.

Oakley Airbrakes. Just suck it up and buy them. Can find old color schemes on closeout for around $100.

Oh this is the sxs forum. Buy the damn airbrakes anyway :flipoff2:

I use the Strata 2's. They are not the "high end" 100% goggles but get the job done. I tend to leave them laying around where they can get scratches or damaged so I go for the cheaper ones.
I usually carry two pairs with me. one shaded lens and one clear.. the pair I am not wearing tends to get stuffed into the lower door bag.. which of course scratches the lens up a bit after while.. I do like the two pair for $60 total. one clear, one shaded..

Oakley Airbrakes. Just suck it up and buy them. Can find old color schemes on closeout for around $100.
That's a big negatory for me.. i can't swing $150 for one pair of goggles..

That's a big negatory for me.. i can't swing $150 for one pair of goggles..

They are life changing after running cheap goggles forever, but I guess being on a dirt bike having crystal clear vision is a bit more important vs being in a sxs. The hard lens feels safer when getting roosted too.

Buy goggles that accept tear offs to help keep the lens from getting scratched.

I used Oakley Crowbars before I went to the Airbrakes. I tried some 100% mid range before but they pinched my nose

goggles are like helmets
the shape of your face is going to determine what brand you like

luckily the 20.00 frames fit me, but I still trim a little on the nose
tear off posts are a must for racing for me
desert/all day trips get two sets running one backwards with the strap above the brow/below the visor

sxs, doesn't matter you can bring ten pairs:grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh