What's new

Lets talk about forums and groups ....

I need a LJ forum. Longarm/38.5’s/AT/rear coilovers.

NO ENGINE SWAPS! And no broke ass TJ guys. Yuck!!!

:flipoff2:

people already post tech questions in GCC, maybe there's too many sections? Doesn't bother me, but I do notice alot of Tech in GCC (especially in the +P forums)

When I started looking at PBB in the early 2000's the Toyota forum was just that, but mostly 4Runners, 1st and second gen trucks. The FJ guys mostly were over at ihatemud.com, but once in a while someone would do a build on a 40, 60 or whatnot. Tacomas were still pretty new and expensive so there weren't that many builds but that changed along the way. It was cool that you could see all these different models being built up for different uses and it gave you ideas and inspirations for what's next. Then Camo came on board and fucked it all up by adding all those sub forums. Newbie Jeep and Hardcore Jeep made sense, but that's about it AFIC. And there's no need for competition forums, those should be in general, and there should be one big happy land use forum.

My $.019999

I stand by my prior statement. The tech forums should be gen4x4, newb4x4, domestics, imports, jeeps, shop/tools and tow rigs/trailers. Most of the content in the brand specific forums on the old site was build threads and people having discussions about things on those build threads. It's not like we're going to get overwhelmed with threads if we condense forums and reducing the number of forums makes it less likely people will miss out on cool shit.

When I started looking at PBB in the early 2000's the Toyota forum was just that, but mostly 4Runners, 1st and second gen trucks. The FJ guys mostly were over at ihatemud.com, but once in a while someone would do a build on a 40, 60 or whatnot. Tacomas were still pretty new and expensive so there weren't that many builds but that changed along the way. It was cool that you could see all these different models being built up for different uses and it gave you ideas and inspirations for what's next. Then Camo came on board and fucked it all up by adding all those sub forums. Newbie Jeep and Hardcore Jeep made sense, but that's about it AFIC. And there's no need for competition forums, those should be in general, and there should be one big happy land use forum.

My $.019999

I agree. The old pirate had too many sub forums for the amount of traffic. There were so many i stopped going into most and lost track of many great build threads because of it.

Agree with everyone, forums for life and fuck all the subgroups.

I also missed alot of cool build threads (or found them by sheer accident) because i never specifically checked the ridiculous sub forums. There's no need to have a 2door 4runner manual windows auto trans subgroup of the goddam Toyota section. Keep it simple.

Jeep- hardcore
Jeep- Salt Life
Ford
Chevy
Dodge
Toyota
Nissan
Gen4x4
etc

I also missed alot of cool build threads (or found them by sheer accident) because i never specifically checked the ridiculous sub forums. There's no need to have a 2door 4runner manual windows auto trans subgroup of the goddam Toyota section. Keep it simple.

Jeep- hardcore
Jeep- Salt Life
Ford
Chevy
Dodge
Toyota
Nissan
Gen4x4
etc

Sure, leave out us Corn Binder owners.
I think I'll refer to you as .22LR from now on. :flipoff2:

Forums.

I do miss the drop down "Jump to Forum" menu option, at the bottom of a page.....

Jeep- hardcore
Jeep- Salt Life
Ford
Chevy
Dodge
Toyota
Nissan
Gen4x4
etc

Nissan, it'll make both owners so happy.

Can I have a NotParticularlyHardcoreButNotStockFSJ section?

Forums it is, I've already made a few changes .... going to make a plan to consolidate whats there

Forums. When the time comes for sub foruns or more specific forums you'll know. Ihe traffic will dictate the need. It will be a pain to move the posts into the right sub foruns but deal with it then. For now keep it simple.

Land use for sure!

I like this with an added forum for non-offroad builds. There were alot on PBB in general chit chat and scattered in other sub forums that were nice to follow but hard to keep track of where all of them were.

Good call. And maybe actually a specific buggy build forum.

Ill agree with brand brand specific forums. Yota, Chevy, Ford, Jeep hardcore, Jeep nonhardcore, Suzuki, Gen 4x4, shop tools, tow rigs/trailers/add RVs, land use, a general trails forum, an events forum, non Offroad vehicles, electrical forum, buggies and that’s about it as far as the tech forums.

the uppity high class fucks that they are :lmao: i don't know what a high school kid today should buy, i guess a ranger or S10 :rasta: price of used cars is so damn crazy these days

Back in the 2000s everyone used to shit on Land Rover owners for bolting on useless shit, thinking their vehicle is god's gift to four wheeling, pretending that it's perfect in stock form while pissing away thousands remedying weak points and generally being exactly the kinds of snobs Toyota owners are today. Kinda funny how we've come full circle.

IMO the Jeep sub forums should be like the old Pbb. Hardcore and non hardcore. You build a CJ, TJ, YJ or JL on tons & 40s, Hardcore. You put a lightbar on your JL, non hardcore.

Anybody building a tube chassis Jeep, back half, ect should post in General 4x4 IMO.

I concur.

Another vote for Forum

Last edited:
Get rid of chit chat.
Lose the whining and gossip forums.
Seriously. Tech and builds. Fuck the noise and politics.

Get rid of chit chat.

Another forum I am on did just that and most of the people left or went dark. Sucked the soul and the camaraderie out of the place. Pretty much like what is happening at PBB.

No one forces you to go to Chit Chat. You want tech only then only visit the tech forums.

Get rid of chit chat.

Another forum I am on did just that and most of the people left or went dark. Sucked the soul and the camaraderie out of the place. Pretty much like what is happening at PBB.

No one forces you to go to Chit Chat. You want tech only then only visit the tech forums.

I belong to two websites.
Both websites have chit chat.

Both, even during their prime, the forum that was always occupied the most was chit chat.

BY. FAR.

Bingo

Top Back Refresh