Group events

New Mexico

Let's Take Another Shot at an Irate Wheeling Trip

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
My rig is still in one piece after Farmington, so I figured we should get to planning another wheeling trip and hopefully meet some more members; especially since the last one kind of fell apart and only willis_racing and 90supra ended up making it :homer:

There was talk last time about doing a Puerco run which is fine by me with the cost of diesel, but I am open to suggestions, especially if there are more members from outside the surrounding Albuquerque area who want to join.

Memorial Weekend and the first weekend of June are open for me, but I am pretty flexible other than the second weekend in June.

There was talk last time about doing a Puerco run which is fine by me with the cost of diesel,

Memorial Weekend and the first weekend of June are open for me, but I am pretty flexible other than the second weekend in June.
Hard agreement from me about travel costs.

Either of those weekends should work fine for me too

As in the 28th or the 4th?

Edit: nevermind I figured it out. I should be able to swing that. Gotta go secure a trailer again lol
Yeah, Memorial weekend unless someone else pipes up. Saturday, Sunday, or Monday doesn't matter to me.

I might be able to get some non-Irate members lined up to go too.

Yeah, Memorial weekend unless someone else pipes up. Saturday, Sunday, or Monday doesn't matter to me.

I might be able to get some non-Irate members lined up to go too.
Sweet. I think I'd like to try for saturday. Should give me time to figure out my trailering situation and still give me time to ride dirt bikes :dustin:

Also where's your preferred meetup/staging area out there? I park all sorts of places but i've never trailered a rig out there. End of pavement or do you want to drive all the way out to the dunes?

Also where's your preferred meetup/staging area out there? I park all sorts of places but i've never trailered a rig out there. End of pavement or do you want to drive all the way out to the dunes?

I know a guy who has property out there that I usually park on, hopefully he'll be on board. I hate parking by the main hill.

Saturday sounds like a plan.

I'll post up if I'm able to make it but it's unlikely I can make either of those weekends. Does that area stay open with all the closures? I have no idea what land that falls under.

I'll post up if I'm able to make it but it's unlikely I can make either of those weekends. Does that area stay open with all the closures? I have no idea what land that falls under.
Rio puerco is actually mostly private land, so it isn't affected by closures.

Yup yup. Let's do it. Text me the pin/ location. Also my truck isn't street legal so I hope it's out in the dirt lol

Yeah his property is right after the pavement on Southern ends, so no problem there. I'll send you the details later when I have my phone with me.

90supra If you think you will be able to make it, let me know and I'll PM you my number. The area is at the end of Southern BLVD SE in Rio Rancho.

I was driving solo and I don't take pictures of golf carts, so here's some pictures of willis_racing
It was a good day, did some cool climbs and no carnage.

7C7789CB-F9EB-40BF-9ED2-71CB2CC9E788.jpeg

5986F42D-9CD5-4C30-A30F-B8EEBF849E58.jpeg

311E6A16-3D81-4A4E-B96E-29A683A6F163.jpeg

FC4587E0-CC37-4640-B433-A9DB9CB87B85.jpeg

342AE2E8-20E9-414E-9E03-D430FA9D5680.jpeg

34FBBE69-3906-4CBB-A74A-90B91DC839FF.jpeg

62BCC639-918A-4FD8-9ACC-7030C2D20AB6.jpeg

Looks like a good time. Maybe one of these days we'll manage to get a more than 2 out at once :flipoff2:

I'd like to run more of the Socorro trails at sone point. Maybe come fall when it's cooler

Looks like a good time. Maybe one of these days we'll manage to get a more than 2 out at once :flipoff2:

I'd like to run more of the Socorro trails at sone point. Maybe come fall when it's cooler

I would definitely be down for some Soccoro action once it cools off a bit, there's a lot of fun stuff down there.

Snapchat-707241965.jpg
20220528_122401.jpg
Snapchat-1010029585.jpg
Snapchat-1374449072.jpg

Thank you for enjoying my photo dump.

Trail report from my side: The poverty springs in the front of the yota actually handle the desert bullshit decently well, although I definitely attribute half of my "suspension feel" to aired down bias plies. Had lots of fun, though I definitely feel like my truck performs a lot better in Socorro. Thanks for the invite '84 Bronco II

Thank you for enjoying my photo dump.

Trail report from my side: The poverty springs in the front of the yota actually handle the desert bullshit decently well, although I definitely attribute half of my "suspension feel" to aired down bias plies. Had lots of fun, though I definitely feel like my truck performs a lot better in Socorro. Thanks for the invite '84 Bronco II
Also sidenote golf carts are still mad gay but your friends are still super cool :flipoff2:

No problem, thanks for coming out so I wasn't the only non-side by side. Thanks for sharing some pictures with my rig, but you could have got some video from some of my successful attempts :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh