What's new

Lemon yoghurt cake

AdrianD

Member Number
I figure since my fab projects aren't as impressive as other's here, I'd post some recipes I like from this side of the world.

Here's a cake that we make over and over since 2014 :D

For the cake:
3 eggs
220 grams of powdered sugar
Juice from 2 lemons
2 teaspoons of lemon zest
300 grams of flour
5 grams of baking powder
280 grams of yoghurt
125 ml of vegetable oil

For the syrup:
Zest from 2 lemons
110 grams of powdered sugar
80 ml of lemon juice.

tK2sgKr.jpg

Beat the eggs and the sugar until creamy

bulgRqF.jpg

Add the lemon juice, zest and continue mixing for another minute. Then add the flour and baking powder:
MSl0VAZ.jpg

Add the yoghurt and oil:
cbTarRz.jpg

Mix until creamy:
nH8V3pO.jpg

Place it in a 9 inch pan coated with a tad of vegetable oil:
c83QvvS.jpg

Put it in the over, preheated to 180*C for 45 minutes, or until when you poke it with a toothpick, the cake doesn't stick.

Meanwhile, prepare the syrup.
Boil the zest for a minute or so:
buwzEfl.jpg

Drain the zest and set it aside.
Boil the lemon juice, sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of water until it thickens and add the zest at the end:
F6dNwwo.jpg

Once the cake is baked, stab it with a fork and lather on the syrup, wait until cold and then serve with yoghurt :D

RnoVEiM.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you from homeboy ?

Here we generally use cups tablespoons etc as dry measurements not weights of said items.

I'm from Transylvania :)

I'm aware of the imperial stuff, been on various US forums since 2008, figured the grams make more sense numerically, cups come out to unusual fractions

220 grams powdered sugar = 1.91 cups
300 grams flour = 2.07 cups
280 grams of yoghurt = 1.16 cups
125ml of oil = 0.53 cups of oil.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAE
So we should call you vlad ?

I looked for your house on Google maps only found baron von Frankenstein's.

Damn that looks tasty!

When you talk about boiling the lemon zest, what do you boil it in? I only ask because it seems you then talk about boiling the juice, sugar, and water separately...?

I'm going to have to try making this,

Where are you from homeboy ?

Here we generally use cups tablespoons etc as dry measurements not weights of said items.
You know fuck all about baking. Baking is all about accuracy. Traditionally bakers use weights for precise measurements.

Maybe professional bakers but not your average baker.

I'm from Transylvania :)

I'm aware of the imperial stuff, been on various US forums since 2008, figured the grams make more sense numerically, cups come out to unusual fractions
Only drug dealers use grams ............

Are you on the AKFILES ? I e-know a guy on there from Transylvania, sent me some rum and a flag

Damn that looks tasty!

When you talk about boiling the lemon zest, what do you boil it in? I only ask because it seems you then talk about boiling the juice, sugar, and water separately...?

I'm going to have to try making this,
Thank you! Credit goes to the wife, she found the recipe. I forgot to mention, just boil it in some water. And after draining boil the sugar, juice and 2-3 tablespoons of water.
You know fuck all about baking. Baking is all about accuracy. Traditionally bakers use weights for precise measurements.
What I found recently (wife had to cut down on sugar during pregnancy) was that a lot of recipes are just fine with less sugar. I did not experiment with other ingredients though. And flour bit me in the behind many times, every flour brand needs its own quantity of water.
Only drug dealers use grams ............

Are you on the AKFILES ? I e-know a guy on there from Transylvania, sent me some rum and a flag
Sadly no. You got just a tease, our pride and joy in Transylvania is plum brandy, especially the bootleg variety
YogHurt or Yogurt ? LOL

Hats off, I really appreciate when people e correct my english, always room for improvement :)

I'll post a more classic Romanian "cake" recipe later, a holiday staple 😁

There is always a german cheese cake ive been wanting to try that.

Maybe the closest I could find on such short notice.
20200825_195657.jpg

I always thought that all cheesecakes are created the same, so whenever I was in Germany I skipped it.

Speaking of German deserts, next desert I will make is Kaiserschmarrn, sort of a pancake with caramelized sugar and apple sauce. I'll document the process and post a new topic, as it will happen sooner than making that Romanian holiday cake :D

Top Back Refresh