What's new

leaving funny notes for people to find

dnsfailure

WHAT GEAR ARE YOU IN?
Member Number
Loc
Gilroy
My uncle told me that when he used to do wood working, he would leave notes on the under sides of dressers, behind cabinets, under drawers, or somewhere not obvious from the exterior, where someone would only find it if they were taking the item apart, or looking for something. Would probably be there for decades before someone finds it.

He would usually leave a few sentences, saying maybe what the weather was like, what was going on in the world at the time, or just something interesting.

I've started doing that too, only I try to make them funny, or mysterious. Like "The money is under the redwood tree", or "Susan's body is under the back porch" or something like that. haha!

So... I've got a few walls open on the house right now, time to leave some notes. The house is pretty old, built in 1899, so it's already a little bit creepy. What yall got? :lmao:

Last edited:
I write "Nice tits" on the fogged bathroom mirror in hotel rooms i stay in.

Last edited:
You could take a cue from every telephone guy that has ever entered our telecom room and either
a. draw a dong(make sure to add ball hair or you're not a credible phone dude)
b. draw a naked chick with huge boobs (make sure to add tons of bush hair or you're not a credible phone dude).

Most telephone guys are not very inventive.

The best one I ever saw in a telecom room was just an exclamation point sharpied on the wall with a dark circle around it next to the light switch. Then there were dashes "- - - - - - -" leading away from it, up the concrete wall (old 1920's building so the ceiling was really high), and over more to a note about 20' off the ground that just said "Close your mouth". :laughing: It would get a ton of guys the first time the saw it.

What I would do is take some time,write down what is happening in the world over the last few months,or possibly years then seal it.By the time it would be uncovered,the rewriting of history will be well under way,and having something that was not subject to the cultural cleansing might actually be appreciated.

I think author Ring Lardner wrote a story about a character that used to go out of town & mail post cards w/slutty remarks to certain people-

I’m not creative enough. I’ve found stuff that was pretty funny. RuffStuff welded 2 dick-n-balls on a rear axle housing I ordered. Got lots of wtf’s everyone I showed it to. I knew a guy that built drivelines who would engrave smiley faces on like a washer and put inside the tube before welding it up.

I had a house that was built in 1922. Someone had stashed old Newspaper clippings in the attic under the insulation. With no context they were weird stories that made no sense when I found them. I put them back so the next treasure hunter can enjoy them.

I used to be a trim carpenter for new housing developments. The roofers from neighboring houses would walk into a sheetrocked house, go into the closet, put their back against the wall, squat a bit, and poop on the floor.:barf:

This happened quite a bit. Well, we ain't cleaning that S up. We'd build a shoe box and set it right over the poop. Yep, some folks got their shoeboxes in strange places. Then, under every wall cap we would write the story of the poop under the shoebox. Little long play scavenger hunt.:laughing:

This experince also coined our most common "tag" we'd leave in fun places. If you live in a Horton home in north Texas keep an eye out for FTCP! written somewhere unfinished. (F The Closet Poopers!)

My buddy even has FTCP! tattooed on him.

I used to be a trim carpenter for new housing developments. The roofers from neighboring houses would walk into a sheetrocked house, go into the closet, put their back against the wall, squat a bit, and poop on the floor.:barf:

This happened quite a bit. Well, we ain't cleaning that S up. We'd build a shoe box and set it right over the poop. Yep, some folks got their shoeboxes in strange places. Then, under every wall cap we would write the story of the poop under the shoebox. Little long play scavenger hunt.:laughing:

This experince also coined our most common "tag" we'd leave in fun places. If you live in a Horton home in north Texas keep an eye out for FTCP! written somewhere unfinished. (F The Closet Poopers!)

My buddy even has FTCP! tattooed on him.

A construction guy I know said the mexican crews would start drinking in the mornings, and poop in the kitchen drawers. WTF?

I know of a few weapon related items that have cocks carved into them compliments of USMCDoc-14 :laughing::laughing:

and his new Samurai might also have a mystery cock painted on it somewhere...

What I would do is take some time,write down what is happening in the world over the last few months,or possibly years then seal it.By the time it would be uncovered,the rewriting of history will be well under way,and having something that was not subject to the cultural cleansing might actually be appreciated.

That's a great idea. How the hell would I summarize it all, and how would it be credible?

While hiking down below the cabin we rented south of Florissant, Co, I came across a stacked up pile of calcite crystals in a small clearing. There were about 5 lbs of them.

Back at the cabin, I tossed a couple of quarters in the fire and coffee soaked a piece of grocery sack. Once the quarters were hot and tarnished, I beat them up a bit with a couple of rocks. On the wrinkled paper, I shakily wrote, "I think this is the end of the line. The buzzards are circling. Please take this money and get word to Sally, seamstress, St. Louis."

I stacked the crystals up neatly over the note and coins and left them in the clearing.

My folk's place was full on haunted. I'm talking screaming in the basement, slamming of doors, the bed sinking down at night when headed to bed, bathtub full of water, etc. I'm convinced someone died a horrible, horrible death there.

During a renovation, they tore down the wall paper in the stair way and in giant movie-like red letters was written, TINA WAS HERE

The screwed with our heads for a bit.

Nice tits is hilarious, haha.

Left this in a work junk drawer a couple years ago. Eventually I'll be gone (hopefully) and someone will find it. "F Bomb Shawn" is a guy that used to work here, he popped in to visit and dropped 32 f-bombs in the span of 15 minutes. And that's after I found it so notable that I started counting.

IMG_20200617_144952943.jpg

That's a great idea. How the hell would I summarize it all, and how would it be credible?

That is what they invented thumb drives for.

Edit:

Doing it from a single person POV does make it difficult to be seen as unbiased.Making it accurate is undoubtedly a very deep rabbit hole that could consume years.There is an enormous amount of electronic media that can be drawn from,and perhaps a few chats with people you know and some you don't.Bust out a GOPRO and talk to a few people.

Last edited:
I have left a lot of business cards with the date, who I'm working for, current wage, and notable events, behind trim, inside walls, and under floors. More or less "working as a union finish carpenter for ________ construction, $xx/hr, may 22 2020, during corona virus pandemic."

Gave up trying to find a picture, but a $20 bill attached to a note read I'M SO SORRY on the hotel toilet was something I've always wanted to do.

I tend to leave creepy things like "I masturbated with the blood of my 12th victim today <random date about 10 years in the past>"

Or "Paul took my virginity today <date>" and then sign it with a guy's name.

On a multiday trip on the motorcycle, I stopped at a lookout and written in giant letters on the concrete wall thing read I CAN STILL SMELL THE BURNING CORPSES . Kind of gave me something to think about.

I may or may not know who left this welded to the inside framerail of a Chevy truck after a customer tried to blame the mechanic for the differential mount being ripped out of the frame...

IMG_20200320_080328911.jpg

Does this count?
103690988_2992758584092637_1366728603586834719_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=2uhM5con9j4AX99sJju&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=4fdd0bb7c7c4c3aee4a4be937241c504&oe=5F103A80.jpg

Someone on my FB feed claims they found this on their car. I don't buy it. As it's always the case, these things don't happen and when you see claims of it, the truth that comes out later is always that it's a staged self inflicted thing or a hoax.

A friend bought a brand new sporty BMW a while back, and was constantly going on about how awesome it was. :rolleyes:

While going out to dinner one night, I spotted his car in the parking lot. Figuring he was having dinner there too, I left him a note under his windshield wiper saying "Sorry I dented your car." That was it. No name or phone number.

We were lucky to get a window seat, where I was able to watch him leave the restaurant. He never saw me inside.

Wow... he got into a rage as he read the note, stomping around and looking really agitataed. He must have gone around his car a dozen times looking for the dent. He even looked underneath the car as well... :laughing:

A friend bought a brand new sporty BMW a while back, and was constantly going on about how awesome it was. :rolleyes:

While going out to dinner one night, I spotted his car in the parking lot. Figuring he was having dinner there too, I left him a note under his windshield wiper saying "Sorry I dented your car." That was it. No name or phone number.

We were lucky to get a window seat, where I was able to watch him leave the restaurant. He never saw me inside.

Wow... he got into a rage as he read the note, stomping around and looking really agitataed. He must have gone around his car a dozen times looking for the dent. He even looked underneath the car as well... :laughing:

:laughing:

A coworker of mine likes to do that. He'll try to find out what car someone drives, and if it's a nice car in the parking lot (Say, a Ferrari), and then stage a "conversation" loud enough to be over heard on the other side of the room by the owner that goes something like this: "Dude, did you see that red Ferrari outside? The UPS truck just crushed in the fender and drove off not giving a FUCK!!" And laugh as the owner jumps up and run outside :laughing:

He likes to do that to introduce himself to higher-ups when he's meeting with them :lmao: Surprisingly, everyone seems to have a good humor about it, he'll stop them before they leave the room and say "Nah I was kidding man, I just really like your car!" it's never backfired. A fucking great way to break the ice and get stuffy higher-ups to loosen up a bit and laugh.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh