What's new

leaving funny notes for people to find

Heater core on my ‘68 Camaro

photo9554.jpg

I was wrenching on cars for the last few years (teaching it now).

We used to find/leave notes (date, initials, sayings etc) using paint pens in various places that only other techs would find: like inside the tranny tunnel when replacing tranny, trans pan, oil filters, top of muffler, etc.

If the car had a political bumper sticker, a fellow tech used to love writing opposing political candidates in the above places.

This one's not a note, but is an "easter egg" in a hidden spot :

About 30 years ago, place I worked for was down-sizing from 3 units in a building to 2 (A+B+C --> B+C only).
Coworker and I were tasked with framing in and sheetrocking over a ~12' wide doorway between "A" & "B".
Before sheeting the 2nd side, we put random weird crap + 6 pairs of worn-out work boots above the blocking.

Not a huge deal, but we figured it would give someone a WTF:confused: moment :laughing:

I think we included a note or two, but . . . 30 years, F me if I remember.

About 30 years ago, place I worked for was down-sizing from 3 units in a building to 2 (A+B+C --> B+C only).
Coworker and I were tasked with framing in and sheetrocking over a ~12' wide doorway between "A" & "B".
Before sheeting the 2nd side, we put random weird crap + 6 pairs of worn-out work boots above the blocking.

Not a huge deal, but we figured it would give someone a WTF:confused: moment :laughing:

I was helping a friend move in to their new place, and he showed me his garage. Whoever was framing the garage left a bottle on one of the wood pieces, and subsequently screwed in another board, blocking the bottle from being removed. You can see the bottle, but you can't get it out (without smashing it). :lmao:

My house was built in the 1950s.
10 years ago I "remodelled" my garage. Well, it was more like I tore out the 2'x8' plywood walls so I could rewire it for tools and dryer, then sheetrock it.
When I pulled all the plywood off I found they used crumbled up newspaper (1976) as insulation.
Good thing there was never a fire, having a stucco house wouldn't have meant crap.

Was cool looking at the ads and classifieds though.
You could buy a Shelby Mustang for under $5k.

Slightly OT, received a delivery in 89 or 90 that was packed in newspaper. One of the pages had a 1/4 page ad for Deep Throat, my buddy framed it and still proudly displays it in his man cave.

In all the houses I have worked on over the years, I like to place a beer can/bottle somewhere that will be covered up. Kinda like putting my signature on the place. I wonder how many have been found.

I work on rocket launchers for the NASA sounding rocket program all around the world and the majority of the launchers I work on are 30-50 years old and the insides are covered with graffiti from the people that have worked on them over the years. Any time in the last 10 years we have disassembled the launchers to perform a major inspection or rebuild (especially in gearboxes, tubes, or normally inaccessible areas) I will leave notes in paint pen to make the person thats deep in the shit laugh or at least know that somebody has already dealt with the bullshit.... ' This shit sucks, the beer will be cold after you get off work' 'Get your hands dirty Sally, hit it with your purse' etc... also typically leave the date, work info, and sign it so whoever takes it apart in the future has half an idea what happened. I also sign my name in weird inaccessible spots that you have to take lots of things apart to see... :shrug:

I used to draw stupid shit on the flex plate or inside the bellhousing of any car I removed the transmission from. There are a few hippies driving around with a Trump train in their bellhousing around here.

Found this in the ceiling while tearing out part of the shop that had been sectioned off as a tool room.

photo9576.jpg

I left tons of notes and signatures on houses when working for my dads construction company in high school. No clue what I wrote anymore, but I’m sure some of it will make people say WTF when they find it.

When I was on my mechanics course in the AF a photo of one of the other lads passed out drunk while wearing a set of his girlfriend's panties and high heels appeared on the notice board in the crew room and if that wasn't bad enough we decided to immortalise him further......
A quick trip to the photo copier and we had a couple of dozen copies blown up to A4 size which we then inserted at random into the school's Boeing 727 maintenance manual ......
Fast forward a couple of years and a couple new mechanics on squadron were asking if anyone else had seen the pictures :lmao:

Last edited:
I go to the beach real early, and throw bottles into the water. When someone finds one, I get real close behind them because the note says: "I'm right behind you."

We would write the build date along with our names. Haven't done it in years though.

i used to build a lot of 22r toyota engines and would leave paint pen notes on the insides of the oil pan and valve cover.
mostly valve clearance specs on the valve covers but on the oil pans i would put " what are you looking in here for" or other random shit
like "your mom taste like motor oil".
got too old to fuck with em any more.

Steeples are magnets for names and initials. Mine might be on a few :grinpimp:

i like to weld graphic dicks on huge projects that the welder is working on after he leaves work.

He grinds it off but...the different materials will now have a heat mark that looks like a dick...

i like to weld graphic dicks on huge projects that the welder is working on after he leaves work.

He grinds it off but...the different materials will now have a heat mark that looks like a dick...

Every time I see a note pad at work I'll flip it open about 3/4 draw a dick or a:flipoff2: and close it back up. Makes me laugh thinking how many co-workers have gotten through their note pad and said WTF.
​​​​​​

About 1995 or so a house in my parents neighborhood on the next street over got the asphalt shingle roof replaced. When they scraped it off in 3-4ft tall letters on the plywood it said “FUCK YOU TED AND YOUR FUCKING COMPANY TOO”

Every time I see a note pad at work I'll flip it open about 3/4 draw a dick or a:flipoff2: and close it back up. Makes me laugh thinking how many co-workers have gotten through their note pad and said WTF.
​​​​​​

Not the quite same line of this thread but one thing i love doing is when i im in the office talking to someone ill grab their stapler and ill play with it. Alot of them your can spin the plate on the bottom around. No idea what its uses is for but it will staple and the staple will immediately fall out of the paper..every fucking time.

I have a coworker. Retired bat chief. Fucker is fit and will probably smash my head in. He keeps losing his shit when he washes his hands, and the retractable cloth hand towels are at the end of their roll and he is the last dude that hits it often.

I actually look to see how close it is through the transparent roll holder. And will stop short of the end of cloth. I guess we have another couple coworkers that jam it back up in the machine so they can fuck with the same person.

Well, we will call this guy george, because that is his name. He loses his shit, almost turns green like the hulk, veins in forehead and everything. Makes most of us laugh.

I am going to leave a note for him, next time the thing gets low. Probably a "problems? Call Jenny. 867-5309".

If I don't post in a couple months and nothing after... I did it. I am a horrible liar and probably told on myself.

Not note and more easter eggy.

Backstory: I was really involved with our sports programs at my girls' school. Still involved some. Anyway a kid transfers to another school and the mom fucking goes off, making shit up on facebook about her previous school. it was so bad that the new school's head dude had to sit her down and tell her to delete the crap and quit stirring up crap.

so, all of the kids at the old school had seen the postings and when the 2 teams would play each other and the student sections would yell stuff at each other, they would always yell "XXXXXX blah blah's facebook". Well that grew and they would shout things about her looking like this WTF monkey. Kids can be cruelly funny as hell.

So, one of my daughters' senior year rolls around and they have a section in our sports information guide for senior parents to put in an ad. So I create this ad for my daughter and there is a picture of her shooting a 3 and I put that damn WTF monkey sitting in the stands in the ad.

I'll go find it on my ipad and post it (highly redacted of course)

BF6963EF-A03A-4F7C-8349-DBD19491C4B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh