What's new

Leather man recommendations

The Crunch is a pain to deploy. I’ll send you mine to try for a while to save you $100

I have way too many knives and Multitools. My favorite edc right now is a Leatherman Wave i modded with a S30v blade from a Charge Ti.

if I am doing rough, dirty work I sometimes carry a Supertool 3000 or Gerber diesel.

You can get a lot done with the smallest knipex pliers and a Swiss Army knife, too.

I rock a Leatherman squirt as a Keychain. Very handy for small tasks.
Have 3 other larger Leatherman tools that reside on handy places. In my center console, under the seat of the dirt bike and somewhere else. I like to have one on my motorcycle when I am going for a dirt-bike or any long ride.
Tried several Gerber and other multi tools, but seem to end up back with Leatherman.

So, while this topic is already bumped. I got a wave back in March, and I really like it and find it very useful to have on hand. But the nylon pouch it came with is not long for this world. Does anyone have a good source for a quality leather one? Preferably one that lets it sit a little lower on my belt than the nylon does? I’m a fatass, so it digs into my side when I’m driving and shit, I can deal with it but if I’m spending money on a new one I’d like to stop that if I can.
I’ve had one of these on my belt every day for 3-4 years, really solid piece. thick leather, keeps its shape well.
Using it with a Wave. I’ve got the pancake style, and have been kicking around getting some more in case they get some stupid idea about changing it. I’ve got the fatass thing going too, zero problem there.

I carry a lestherman faily and have for 20 years. Then newer ones are not near what they sued to be. I am eye fucking a victoriknox is the way to go. My current leatherman is in need of repair as the slotted screw driver shit the bed on a hose clamp and the pliers aren’t ad robust as my first one, it got stolen. VictorIknox will be getting my money soon. You get what you pay for and if you’re going to use it truly as a tool and part of your EDC then spend the money.

I carry a lestherman faily and have for 20 years. Then newer ones are not near what they sued to be. I am eye fucking a victoriknox is the way to go. My current leatherman is in need of repair as the slotted screw driver shit the bed on a hose clamp and the pliers aren’t ad robust as my first one, it got stolen. VictorIknox will be getting my money soon. You get what you pay for and if you’re going to use it truly as a tool and part of your EDC then spend the money.

I think you will be happy. They are a quality tool. Even after a year of abuse they are still really tight.

Reactions: DMG
Leatherman's suck. Get a Gerber. The best multitool made, hands down:

Gerber MP600 Pro Scout Multi-Plier, Needle Nose, Stainless [47563] - - Amazon.com

Made in the USA, one handed opening, Fiskars scissors and a blade holder that uses any common small size jig saw blade.

I've broken every Gerber within a week. Haven't broken a Wave yet. I've lost 3 of them, and keep going back.

The new wave just has replaceable wire cutting jaws.

Leather sheath. They come with several different ones or none depending on sku.

Last edited:
I've broken every Gerber within a week. Haven't broken a Wave yet. I've lost 3 of them, and keep going back.

The new wave just has replaceable wire cutting jaws.

Leather sheath. They come with several different ones or none depending on sku.
the big Gerber Diesel is really hard to break. The Wave is great, too.

Top Back Refresh