What's new

Lawn Cart Build

Have you given any thought to installing some trailer springs on the rear end instead of hard mounting them? This is giving me more dumb project ideas. I bet if you could find one cheap you could run dual rear drive axles without much effort.

I like this thing. I plan on doing something similar but slightly larger with an Isuzu Rodeo I have here

Have you given any thought to installing some trailer springs on the rear end instead of hard mounting them? This is giving me more dumb project ideas. I bet if you could find one cheap you could run dual rear drive axles without much effort.
Thought about it but didnt want to mess around with keeping the belt on track when the axle moves.

Put together the mini goose trailer. Just a bunch of scrap welded together with lawn mower wheels, the deck is 4'x6'. Needs some bracing welded here and there to strengthen it up. Probably going to put some plywood on it for now.

20220527_104401.jpg

Added some steel to the front end to tie it together.

20220603_213141.jpg

Saw this on fb market place

A5F44F57-55BC-46D8-B954-8B4D3615859F.png
9EF06F93-9DE2-4F64-B494-2156379FB674.png

Belt routing, the big belt is approx 110inches. So far so good no slipping.

20240131_155708.jpg

20240131_155728.jpg
20240131_155738.jpg
20240131_155734.jpg

this is the best thread on here lol

any thought to mounting the engine back above the transaxle, get all the weight over the drive wheels and all that?

this is the best thread on here lol

any thought to mounting the engine back above the transaxle, get all the weight over the drive wheels and all that?

Working on dump bed controls that will probably take up the remaining space around the axle. I've got the pump assembly from a Tommy lift gate that I plan on using. Tried keeping the bed weight down so I made it from aluminum. Got a Hobart Spoolrunner that does a great job. Hopefully it can haul and dump a bucket load of dirt.

sweet, dump boxes are always cool!

a lot of the sxs ones just put the pivot hinge about in the middle of the box, then you can unlatch it and dump by hand since the weight is nearly balanced on the pivot point

The engine that replaced the Onan. The coil in the Onan went out and parts were impossible to find for it so out it came.

Tore down the hydrostatic rear and found there is a limiting lever in the case for the forward/reverse controls. I was able to grind it down a bit and got about 1/4" more of travel. This picked up 1-2mph, I think a Vtwin 22hp would be great mounted up.

20240201_111719.jpg

Top Back Refresh