What's new

Lawn Cart Build

the pipe on the cutting edge is game changer with snow and gravel drives or grass. :beer:
My Dad came up with one of those around 20 years ago.
After we left home, he noticed spring cleanup from the crushed rock driveway was a PITA. Go figure.

My Dad came up with one of those around 20 years ago.
After we left home, he noticed spring cleanup from the crushed rock driveway was a PITA. Go figure.
Also works well on a tractor mounted snowblower to make it less likely to become a land leveler.
IMG_20200101_171003930.jpg

Aaron Z

Also works well on a tractor mounted snowblower to make it less likely to become a land leveler.
IMG_20200101_171003930.jpg

Aaron Z
I just level the ground with mine and hope the rocks aren't too big. Found a couple 6" ones last winter.

Got it almost finished except for paint. Put some HDPE on the bed sides and plywood on the floor. Also a divider between the cab and belt/axle to help quiet things down. Needs a new seat too.

20240405_180007.jpg

20240405_175943.jpg

20240405_175950.jpg

Found some video of youngest driving after I just finished it. Forward and reverse is controlled via the "control lever". Push it forward for reverse, pull it back to go forward. There are notches that lock the lever in place forward or reverse so you dont have to hold the lever when traveling further distances. If it bogs down you pull it out of the notch and feather it forward. Being hydrostatic it is the equivalent of downshifting. This style of control makes it REALLY hard to get stuck because you can hammer forward to reverse very fast.

I like it, this is like the massively overkill version of what I want to do with my extra mower. I mainly plan on adding a winch and some sort of push bar/frame on the front so I can shove and drag non-running shit around the back yard but a bed would be kinda handy too.

I like it, this is like the massively overkill version of what I want to do with my extra mower. I mainly plan on adding a winch and some sort of push bar/frame on the front so I can shove and drag non-running shit around the back yard but a bed would be kinda handy too.
This was my original build plan.

resize.jpeg

Picked up a tractor seat from TSC, they don't give them away! Got tired of getting wet every time I sat in it. Figured I should get some paint while I was at it. Since I just bought a D4 Cat, Caterpillar Yellow and Black was the obvious choice.

20240413_184748.jpg

20240413_184742.jpg

20240413_184731.jpg

Looking at the pictures I really need to clean the wheels. Thinking about some bigger front tires but they are tough to find locally.

This also happened, bye bye F700 it was fun!

20240412_114410.jpg

Frame stretch since we saw it last?
I stretched it 5.5ft in the old thread on Pirate. Ran good until the injection pump stuck and the motor ran away on I75 in Kentucky on the way to Michigan, fully loaded with 2 kids and the wife while traveling with 2 other trucks and trailers. Good times. I had some of the wildest times in my 20s with the truck and my wife before kids. Running around the country with 7 horses grossing close to 40k. I tell people if I had ever gotten pulled over I still wouldn't have my license back. People hardly believe me when I tell them about it. Good times, didn't leave anything on the table. Sad to see it go. No regrets, glad I built it.

Much better!

View attachment 842301

View attachment 842302

Looks better now that it has dried a bit. Will probably add some CAT stencils.

20240413_203423.jpg

Hauled 440lb in the bed the other day. Made it up my inclined driveway pretty well, could use more power but does just fine. I put 15 bricks in the bed and it struggled a bit but didn't stall.

Added up my costs and I think it is right around $1000 total. Mostly in the rear axle, tires, seat, belts, and paint. Lots of free stuff and scrap. A lot of hours, couldn't even guess. I feel blessed to be able to make stuff like this out of nothing. No it's not precise or pretty but it's practical.

Now that this is done I can focus on building my house.

Top Back Refresh