What's new

Lap puppy prices

Thefishguy77

Part time dumbass
Member Number
Loc
U.S.S.A. (Washington St.)
Puppy prices seem to be out of this world. I get it for show line 2-2500+ seems a reasonable starting point. But I am just looking for a healthy dog that hunts and is a family dog. They still want 1500 fucking dollars. I spent 600 on my last puppy and thought that was expensive and he has a fairly decent paper trail with breeding allowed. Is $600 for a good dog out of line now? Anyone know of a good yellow lab male puppy available? Is it just the wrong season and those with puppies know it? Bacon?

Wife and i are giving 1300 for a puppy monday.
Bichon poodle

Paid $500 for an English chocolate labbydork end of last February. I'm guessing prices went up like everything else because of .Gov funny money checks.

Get a fuckin mutt from a shelter. :flipoff2:

We tried but because we have an ball bearing animal they wont adopt out unless we alter all pets in the house. Wife actually found a mutt she wanted and I liked his mug alone. Reminded me of the last mutt we adopted. Fucking awesome dog, but he wouldn’t hunt at all so I bought a dog that retrieved feathers as well. Now we want to adopt but because of social justice bullshit they would rather put a dog done than house it with a unaltered animal. :mad3:

yea I get it lie to them. We made the mistake of being honest with pet finder so now we are listed as having an unaltered dog and banned form adopting from them unless we alter our dog. Fuck them I am not chopping the balls off my 11 year old well behaved dog just so I can give an animal a home that needs one. Getting to a humane society near me is a 3+ hour round trip and I aint driving that far to look at dogs I cant see first.

Last edited:
When we were in the market for a new dog, prices were $2,500-$5,000 for one with papers and a breedline.
Without papers, but mom and dad on site/available for viewing = $1,000-$1,500
Without papers, a real dog with mom dealing with legit party = $750-$900
Without papers, just the dog, meet at public random place with who knows stranger and no clue about true dog potential to be mixed = $600-$400

And to think, the best dog we ever had was all of $30 from a sketch place out in the country. Flea bitten mutt.

And to think, the best dog we ever had was all of $30 from a sketch place out in the country. Flea bitten mutt.

Best dog we ever had together was a $300 mutt yea they got $300 for a mutt. Adopting puppies is expensive, fixing older adopted dogs problems can be a long process and with kids and life I dont have time for that.

$1500 for my most recent akc yel lab from a working dog line. This was 4 years ago.

I bought two over the past year and a half. Both male, one chocolate, one yellow, both papered. $600 / $500. My brother just bought a chocolate male with papers for $500.

Fuck REALLY?
damn
My neighbors gotta bloodhound you can have.
Fukknugget never stops baying 24\7.

One of my best dogs legit wondered up to my house at 8 weeks old that was 2 Years ago. He's currently laying between my wife and I in bed, till she kennels him for the night.

Fuck REALLY?
damn
My neighbors gotta bloodhound you can have.
Fukknugget never stops baying 24\7.

Fuck those dogs.

Paid $450 for our lap mut. Covid has jacked up the price even more. I'd wait untill all these dumb asses start unloading their dogs.

3077BE29-C497-4332-88DF-FF9671ADD467.jpeg

Our latest “lap dog” :laughing: (my view while watching tv)

Our last three dogs were rescues. We paid to get them fixed, shots, license. Best dogs we have ever had.

And they have all been Pits :)

Paid $500 for our current registered lab 4 ish years ago. Now, it seems like it’s closer to $1K. Also, you have to be careful about some places not signing over breeding rights for your dog. It’s retarded that you can’t register the off spring of the dog you paid for.

We got a pure, unpapered, great Pyrenees for $400 last year. Actually, today is his first birthday.

Asian guy from my work who is kinda ghetto breeds "exotic" bulldogs and says he gets $7500 for them. :homer:

Also, growing up we had a lot of dogs. The best dog ever was a mut from the pound. Big ass long haired black dog. He was so mellow that baby chicks would squirm into his hair while we was laying down.

On the other hand, we had a few pos pound dogs that had to go away. So it's not always rainbows and sun shine when rescuing a dog.

My dog died last summer and I looked at getting a pup but it seemed hard to find one so I just took my brothers lab that his wife didn’t let in the house.

Dropping big $$$ on a “Bloodline with papers” is no guarantee you’re going to get a great dog either

True, but you usually know what traits you're getting into.

I guess I should mention that the GP was the first dog we've paid for. We got him because we had a lot of issues with bears and cats in our area. Since he has matured, we haven't had any issues. This is basically what they're bred for and it's their instinct. Getting a mut for the same purpose would have been a total shot in the dark for what we wanted.

Our next dog will probably be a rescue.

Top Back Refresh