What's new

Land Rover Defender

Gap insurance while launching the boat?
"Report it stolen" ?

images (1).jpeg

The dealer has insisted on multiple occasions that ‘all those Porsche engines’ burn coolant and told us to top it off monthly.

It is not a warranty issue, just working as designed
What engine does it have?

Had no idea LR was running Kraut engines post the BMW debacle. Thought they were all Jag/Ford based.

As you already realize your dealer / service manager is a moron. Have you tried an area manager or whatever they call the multi state reps.

I once had to use an area manager to lay the smack down on a local dealer. Was not warranty / service related but still, local dealer had a total about face. Might be worth a shot

The door seals fall off and are losing their ability to seal the door. It’s getting louder.

The air system doesn’t lower unless you manually do it.

It tosses weird errors.

The stereo sucks

The seats are very hard on long rides. Stiff cardboard and uncomfortable.

The verbal commands go off randomly. It starts asking what you want from it.

It just blows my mind that they seem to be going backwards. They have never been the pinnacle of reliability but they were better than what you’re going through.

Not one person recommended to get it and you got it anyway. This is the epitome of irate threads. I say you got what you deserved. Hopefully you didn’t buy the second one you wanted. :flipoff2:

I know, there is a big "I told you" owed on this thread but everyone is being pretty nice about it

Is everyone in a good mood from the long weekend?

ordered a 23 wagoneer L a month ago, it’s getting built now. Wife is ordering a ‘23 bronco, apparently we are(me) negotiating a double trade in. ‘22 Waggy and 20 POS defender for the new cars.

I’ll let you know how bad I step in it with this new mess.

ordered a 23 wagoneer L a month ago, it’s getting built now. Wife is ordering a ‘23 bronco, apparently we are(me) negotiating a double trade in. ‘22 Waggy and 20 POS defender for the new cars.

I’ll let you know how bad I step in it with this new mess.
Well it probably won't be any worse than what you're going through now. :flipoff2:

Side window fell off, it was on with 4 small peices of double sided tape. :lmao: Just fell off the car!

Edit- the window behind the powered one on the door

It is now held on with masking tape

Last edited:
What vehicle has a whole window just fall off?

The door seals fall off and are losing their ability to seal the door. It’s getting louder.

The air system doesn’t lower unless you manually do it.

It tosses weird errors.

The stereo sucks

The seats are very hard on long rides. Stiff cardboard and uncomfortable.

The verbal commands go off randomly. It starts asking what you want from it.
It just blows my mind that they seem to be going backwards. They have never been the pinnacle of reliability but they were better than what you’re going through.

I have a 2008 LR3, wife has a 2008 RRSC. Both have Jag engines and are awesome. Mine has 229k on it, currently on a work trip 3 hours from home with a trailer, just did a trip 7 hours from home earlier this month, also with trailer.

It is stupid to me that they come up with a reliable platform and then abandon it, wife’s car is QUICK, and has every modern feature besides blind spot monitoring and the stupid shit nobody wants like push button start and shifters.

They should just stick with what works and update the aesthetics

Edit, we all do appreciate the updates versus slinking away:laughing:

Yeah, I went way too far in to not follow through. I took the hard road then and now I’m just on it.

But seriously what fixed window just falls off a newish car?

Yesterday it started playing a play list on my phone, but my app was closed. So I closed all the apps. It kept playing that play list no matter what other music or radio station or serius station. I even disconnect my phone and selected my wife’s phone… nope, it just stayed on my non opened ap. The electronics in it will over ride a phone and do whatever they want. It’s such a pos. I had to turn off my Bluetooth to stop it

Top Back Refresh