What's new

Lamar trailers

Gbkeith

Three twenties and a ten
Member Number
Loc
County Road 13
Anybody got an opinion any experience with Lamar trailers? I may have run across a deal on a couple of two year old trailers from a company going out of business but I may not be able to really look them over before I have to make a decision. Pictures of the tops and sides look ok but I have t seen under them. Both have 8k axles l, which I like.

Are they typical crap weld and wiring trailers? Maybe they’re pretty decent or absolute crap. Anybody know?

Anybody got an opinion any experience with Lamar trailers? I may have run across a deal on a couple of two year old trailers from a company going out of business but I may not be able to really look them over before I have to make a decision. Pictures of the tops and sides look ok but I have t seen under them. Both have 8k axles l, which I like.

Are they typical crap weld and wiring trailers? Maybe they’re pretty decent or absolute crap. Anybody know?
I remember seeing a lamar that was identical to my loadtrail... like same factory, same messicans, same tuesday identical. I assumed they were the same after that. I love my loadtrail with 8k axles for what its worth.

I remember seeing a lamar that was identical to my loadtrail... like same factory, same messicans, same tuesday identical. I assumed they were the same after that. I love my loadtrail with 8k axles for what its worth.
That’s what I was hoping to hear. We’ll see how this goes.

used a 22' lamar utility a bunch, well made. I like Lamar beter than my PJ and certainly better than a buck dandy or some such. would recommend.

The guy doing property cleanup for me right now has a 14k Lamar dump trailer, looks nice for the money, it's all sheet metal sides bent up to be strong/ light/ cheap. 2013 he says, uses it daily, seems to treat him well

used a 22' lamar utility a bunch, well made. I like Lamar beter than my PJ and certainly better than a buck dandy or some such. would recommend.

My 2007ish 7k buck dandy car hauler is a really nice trailer, like I'd be somewhere and random dudes would comment how it was well built, maybe they've gone downhill:homer:

My old boss had a couple of 8K Lamar dump trailers and had nothing but good things to say about them. He used them daily for years without issue.

My 2007ish 7k buck dandy car hauler is a really nice trailer, like I'd be somewhere and random dudes would comment how it was well built, maybe they've gone downhill:homer:
Maybe so. i was looking into car trailers some years back and there was a Buck Dandy next to a PJ and a Diamond.

The Buck was welded in half the points and the paint underneath was more like accidental over spray rather than a real effort.

maybe it was a Friday trailer

ended up buying the PJ and haven't looked back.

Maybe so. i was looking into car trailers some years back and there was a Buck Dandy next to a PJ and a Diamond.

The Buck was welded in half the points and the paint underneath was more like accidental over spray rather than a real effort.

maybe it was a Friday trailer

ended up buying the PJ and haven't looked back.
You're in Kansas. He's in the desert. Desert people DGAF about good paint on shit except as a status symbol because nothing bad happens if you don't have it.

I have two 22' 14k Lamar equipment trailers. I identical trailers except one is a bumper pull and the other is a gooseneck. I haul a 6 ton Kubota U-45 almost daily.

Hauled the U-45 for about 1 year on the bumper pull with no issues. I bought the gooseneck when I realized the hitch on my truck wasn't rated for the load.

Probably have 20k on the gooseneck pulling the U-45. No issues. CAT scales say there is about 13,500 on the trailer axles. Sometimes more when I take the rock hammer. I gross at about 24,500.

Upgraded the trailer tires to the heavy Gladiator TS25's.

I'd buy another Lamar if the gooseneck got wrecked.

We have a Lamar 21k lb dump at work. I think it's pretty decent. They do the dump box a little different with an extra thick floor. They also do the boxed in top rails that hold up a little better.

I'd say they're on the better end of the normal priced trailers.

I didn’t buy either of them. Probably should have bought the 22’ bumper pull with 8k axles but it would have been redundant. It was at a good deal but not screaming deal price and I’d already bought enough other stuff.

Last edited:
I have a Lamar 22' car hauler and a Buck Dandy 20' car hauler. Paint is shit on both, wiring is worse on the Lamar. Both are better than most I see.

Top Back Refresh