What's new

Lake Tahoe. Where to eat?

Yota Up

Granite Guru
Member Number
Anyone more familiar with the area able to recommend good places to go out for dinner or lunch?
Every time I try Yelp and all that google, I either end up with cheap places that suck, or good places that cost too much.

Used to be a restaurant there that served wild game, like elk and wild boar. Wasn't too expensive either for the quality you got. It's gone now. :(

300sniper

Gun Plumber
Member Number
Gar Woods in Carnelian Bay for lunch and Lone Eagle in Incline Village for dinner.

Ghetto Fab.

No idea what I'm doing
Member Number
I think it was Blue Water Grill or something. It was one of the best places I've eaten, not cheap though.

Kevin

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
I think it was Blue Water Grill or something. It was one of the best places I've eaten, not cheap though.

Kevin

If you dont mind spending some money the
Chart House in tahoe is my all time favorite restaurant. It's the only place I dont mind spending more then $15/ plate. The brewery right by state line is good as well as the buffet on top of harrah's

300sniper

Gun Plumber
Member Number
If you dont mind spending some money the
Chart House in tahoe is my all time favorite restaurant. It's the only place I dont mind spending more then $15/ plate. The brewery right by state line is good as well as the buffet on top of harrah's

All of the Chart House restaurants I've been to have been pretty good. Tahoe, Monterey, Redondo Beach, SF, Mammoth Lakes (gone now).

Yota Up

Granite Guru
Member Number

Kevin

Could it be Blue Water Cafe, or Big Water Grill? Only other I see is Cold Water Grill.

Those other places look real good, but they're all like over $40, so I'll have to wait until birthday or something to try those.
This is just a spur of the moment trip for no special occasion, so hoping for places to eat without spending a ton.

vetteboy79

It's bent. #ttb
Member Number
Loc
Morganville, NJ
The brewery right by state line is good as well as the buffet on top of harrah's

The one in the basement is a favorite of mine, and there are a few more along the road as you head towards South Lake. Also in Stateline, McP's Taphouse is usually pretty good too...can be crowded but they have a big outdoor area as well.

Etyler2

Your kind of Asshole
Member Number
Loc
Grass Valley CA
There’s a really good Mexican restaurant on the L side is the road at North Shore and the restaurant at Sunnyside on the West Shore just before Rubicon access is really good. It’s on the L right on the water. On the way up Dine and Dash in Colfax is amazing.

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
The one in the basement is a favorite of mine, and there are a few more along the road as you head towards South Lake. Also in Stateline, McP's Taphouse is usually pretty good too...can be crowded but they have a big outdoor area as well.

that's the one I was thinking of

SanDiegoCJ

Non-Lemming
Member Number
Loc
Filer, Id.
All of the Chart House restaurants I've been to have been pretty good. Tahoe, Monterey, Redondo Beach, SF, Mammoth Lakes (gone now).

Same here. Just disproves the old belief that all chain restaurants suck. Never had a bad meal there.

TiTRD

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Wilmington, VT

That brewery is good. Also recommend.

300sniper

Gun Plumber
Member Number
And don’t forget to get an omelet at Heidi’s when all hungover before fighting traffic home (not sure what direction you’re heading).

300sniper

Gun Plumber
Member Number
Working up that way earlier this week. Gar Woods always has great food, service and scenery. But yeah, it’s not Applebee’s prices.

C590DB6E-189C-45D1-89D6-529630BB8907.jpeg

XtremeJ

Wanker
Member Number
Loc
Redstone Canyon, Masonville, Colorado, USA
Gar Woods in Carnelian Bay for lunch and Lone Eagle in Incline Village for dinner.

Lone Eagle is one of my top 10 favorites worldwide. A definite every time we are at the Reno Air Races. Be warned it is easy to exceed $200 per person not including the wine bill. But worth every cent.

love the drive over, arrive before sunset, and make sure to book if on a weekend.

mmmm. Drooling.

Fishnbeer

The dude abides
Member Number
Loc
CA
You guys are rookies. Those are all tourist spots. Himmel haus is where its at. Authentic german food and as many liters of beer as you can handle. And the wimmin there are usually top notch :smokin: