What's new

Kyosho Blizzard

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
So after having an eye on them for years, I noticed one in thr corner top shelf at a LHS that Ive gone to for the last 22 years. 300 dolar sticker and wanting to burn some money to support them - done. Pretty excited.

Ill post some pics tomorrow. Looks like a brushed motor, but not sure if anything more is needed. The bad: Kyosho (Japanese) but MADE IN CHINA :mad3::(

I still have my original nitro blizzard from circ. 2000, it was a fun little rig. Ran it on snow a couple time and was full blown scale looking & working machine. The quick reverse clutch on the nitro always made for a jumpy grinding operation and seemed to always need adjustment along with the two speed trans.

The fuel tank leaked from the jump, and young super cheap me, tried glueing the thing over and over instead of spending the $15 for a new one.

Eventually the engine got harder and harder to start, I put an electric start on it and eventually it just got to be too hard to start and was a pain to keep running. Still in the garage on the "one of these days" shelf.

Have fun with what you got hopefully the made in China doesn't ruin it.

Mine is electric, so that should take care of some of the issues you had with yours. All my nitros were as you describe, a pain in the ass. So I am fully electric these days.

Electric should be fun, I've wondered about switching over to electric. With that leaky fuel tank it would soak the brake system which made it hard to actually turn. It'd be nice to not have that even be a possible problem.

motherfucker. opened the box and its missing the remote.

:laughing:

build quality is meh. plastic tracks. real light. I expected a 10 ppound brick. :homer:

I thought most of the higher end Kyosho stuff was made in Japan. It has been several years since I was playing with that stuff. So that may have changed since then.

I still have my original nitro blizzard from circ. 2000, it was a fun little rig. Ran it on snow a couple time and was full blown scale looking & working machine. The quick reverse clutch on the nitro always made for a jumpy grinding operation and seemed to always need adjustment along with the two speed trans.

The fuel tank leaked from the jump, and young super cheap me, tried glueing the thing over and over instead of spending the $15 for a new one.

Eventually the engine got harder and harder to start, I put an electric start on it and eventually it just got to be too hard to start and was a pain to keep running. Still in the garage on the "one of these days" shelf.

Have fun with what you got hopefully the made in China doesn't ruin it.
Those oldschool blizzards are the real deal. If you decide to part with it keep me in mind.

Those oldschool blizzards are the real deal. If you decide to part with it keep me in mind.

I just looked at old blizzards, whole diff animal. Servo controls steering, on mine its a joystick radio and no servo.

damn.

still havent ran mine. need to rebind the radio i guess, and of course no snow anywhere yet

solid thread. I had no idea these had a good following and so many upgrades. fucking awesome.

Last edited:
I just looked at old blizzards, whole diff animal. Servo controls steering, on mine its a joystick radio and no servo.

damn.

still havent ran mine. need to rebind the radio i guess, and of course no snow anywhere yet
They are awesome. Buddy of mine had an old style we put a snowblower on. We used it to clear the snow from the walkway outside our dorm. Fingers crossed the 2.0 is the blizzard of old.

I scrapped an electric one after about 2hrs run time. Cool machine but meh on build quality. If anyone breaks any unique parts let me know and I can ship em out.

Top Back Refresh