What's new

Kumho Tires

Ebs

`
Member Number
Loc
MI
Are these things garbage or what? Made in Korea? I usually go name brand on tires but I can get a set for a cheap.

These are the all terrains, road venture at51:

Last edited:
Kumho tires used to be the better of the 2 korean brands that were sold in large number in the US, the other being Hankook. I don't think they are as good as they used to be, the last set of AT's I had were purchased around 8 years ago and didn't hold up wear-wise for nearly as long as the ones I'd bought for a similar application (3/4T pickup) 6 years before that. They are now owned by a chinese tire company, according to the interwebs.
FWIW, Hankook got a lot better about 15 years ago, but IMO their quality has fallen off somewhat from where they rose to, but not as bad as they were when they first came around 25 or so years ago.

New set of 33s (285/75) for less than 600 has me tempted.

I've heard nothing bad about the brand these days, and I've always held them a slight step above Hankooks.

It was many years ago, but my Ram CTD had Kumho ATs on it when I bought it. They wore out super fast, but so did the BFG ATs that I replaced them with. The Nitto Terragrapplers lasted much longer.

Had the road venture MT on my Power Wagon back in 2014-2017... They're weird. Not much road noise and lasted OK but coming to or leaving from a stop under 10 MPH you could really feel the lugs. Felt like running bloggers.

But I'd stay away from them now IMO

Went with some Duratracs, maybe someone else will give em a run and report back.

Top Back Refresh