What's new

KOH and wifi question

Hodgiemoto

Member Number
So my Ram has an app to make the truck into a hotspot. Would this work decent considering the amount or lack thereof of coverage out there?

I would probably have to remove my cabover so the signal hits the antennea tho.

Anybody ever have any luck with this? Or some other type of hot spot?

Ram vehicles have an AT&T network.
So if your phone gets AT&T service, your truck will to.

Unfortunately, last time I was there, it seemed to me that AT&T sucked on the lakebed and Verizon was better.

Reality is that ANY cellular service will suck ass during KoH week. Outside of KOH week I get mediocre service with T-Mobile and att but my buddy with Verizon service had pretty good reception. I wouldn’t plan on being able to have cell service unless you’re out in the boonies somewhere (I think some areas around turkey claw I actually had a bar of service during KoH last year)

I wouldn’t plan on being able to have cell service unless you’re out in the boonies somewhere (I think some areas around turkey claw I actually had a bar of service during KoH last year)
This.

On outside the Hammertown fence on the WSW corner that I could set my phone down for a few and if I didn't hold it could get connected to ATT to receive messages and get a few out.

Been there many times so I’m well aware of the shitty service out there, hoping to combat this situation mostly so I can tune in supercross on Saturday night.. tall order I know..

Yea didn’t know ram uconnect was att and I have Verizon cell set. Gonna try it and see what happens I guess

Would probably be easier to hog Austin 's Starlink. Though in fairness this might be the first year of high numbers of people running starlink out on the lakebed. I'll be interested to find out if that's a viable option.

Top Back Refresh