Member Number
Loc
No where to be found
Where do KM3’s shine ?
Rocks, mud, sand, hardpack ?
Do they balance out well ?
Are the sidewalks reasonably stout ?
Decent on the street also ?

Why is the 37x12.50x17 more expensive than the 13.50 ? Pretty sure they have the same load rating.

Been running the same brand of 37’s for 4 or 5 sets now and am considering changing when this current set wears out.

I haven't had a lot of experience with the KM3s, but I have been on the trails with a few guys running them and they seem pretty decent. B.F. Goodrich claims 5% better mud traction, 8% better rock traction, and 27% stronger sidewalls than the KM2 (https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tires/mud-terrain/mud-terrain-t-a-km3.html), the performance of which is pretty well known at this point. The KM2 has won the stock class at King of the Hammers a couple of times (2016 & 2018), so if the KM3 is quantifiably better, it should be pretty good.

Unless you like paying 37" prices for 35" tires, I'd pass. If you want 37's you have to buy the 39's....... :homer:

Is that still true for the km3 tires? I know the km2 were all smaller than their sidewall size.

Is that still true for the km3 tires? I know the km2 were all smaller than their sidewall size.

Yes. It has been confirmed that the 39" KM3 is right at 37" tall mounted and aired up. A guy on JKO bought a set and did a write up in a tire thread over there.

Really, if it wasn't for the red label Krawlers would anybody even consider BFG's for what we do with them? (Mall crawlers excluded)

That's shitty... how can they sell a 37" tire with an actual size of 35"?
As far as buying bfg tires, they aren't awful priced, and look cool, so they will sell with the help of the name on the sidewall. For what we do? Not so much directed toward our niche imo.
Jsawduste, i hope they work well for you if you go that route, and btw, treps ftw:flipoff2:

Yes. It has been confirmed that the 39" KM3 is right at 37" tall mounted and aired up. A guy on JKO bought a set and did a write up in a tire thread over there.

Really, if it wasn't for the red label Krawlers would anybody even consider BFG's for what we do with them? (Mall crawlers excluded)

Yes? Lot's of tire companies run small, there are few that are true to size. What other tire would people use other then the KM3's? Raced on several sets of KM3 and they have held up amazingly well.

You have a link to this? One thing I have learned over the years is that the off road community is border line retarded when it comes to measuring tires. Yes, it is true that most tires run a little smaller than their nominal size, but I have yet to see a brand new set of tires that measured over an inch shorter than their nominal size...

You have a link to this? One thing I have learned over the years is that the off road community is border line retarded when it comes to measuring tires. Yes, it is true that most tires run a little smaller than their nominal size, but I have yet to see a brand new set of tires that measured over an inch shorter than their nominal size...

Screenshot_20200603-164316_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200603-164359_Samsung Internet.jpg

A link would have been easier so that I don't have to transcribe text and search on google...

I don't see his measurement method posted and it sounds like he is measuring the tires mounted on the vehicle :shaking:

EDIT: I found the thread and he is measuring them mounted on the vehicle with weight on them :homer:

Another person in that same thread said they measure 38" unmounted. Mounted with air, I bet BFG's listed 38.5" spec is pretty close.

EDIT 2: This guy measured 38.5" unmounted https://www.jkowners.com/threads/anyone-have-the-new-bfg-km3s-in-a-39-yet.381526/post-4470194

I'd say BFG's 38.5" spec is accurate.

Last edited:
I was happy with KM2s in rocks, mud, sand, and deep snow. They sucked on hardpack til I had them siped.

I'd consider checking out KM3s for a weekend warrior

A link would have been easier so that I don't have to transcribe text and search on google...

I don't see his measurement method posted and it sounds like he is measuring the tires mounted on the vehicle :shaking:

EDIT: I found the thread and he is measuring them mounted on the vehicle with weight on them :homer:

Another person in that same thread said they measure 38" unmounted. Mounted with air, I bet BFG's listed 38.5" spec is pretty close.

EDIT 2: This guy measured 38.5" unmounted https://www.jkowners.com/threads/anyone-have-the-new-bfg-km3s-in-a-39-yet.381526/post-4470194

I'd say BFG's 38.5" spec is accurate.

You can buy what you want, doesn't matter to me at all. I've played the BFG game and I'm done with them.

Truth be told I’ve been running 37” PBR radials on 17” Racelines. Run them for about a season and a half then flip ‘em. End up getting enough $$ out of the deal so I only have to buy 1 tire. Not hard to do when they have (had) all those sales.

Haven't had any issues with the company or the tires. They seem to work pretty well in the East Coast, South and Midwest.

This time I’m thinking of switching to a different brand that MIGHT work better. Hence the questions on the KM3’s. It’s a new design and from what “little” I’ve seen they seem are ok.

Need more input from folks.

Bias Treps would hook up but not the wisest for a rig that see’s street. Radial Treps have a thin sidewalk ?

At this point feeling the waters to see what folks say.

Last edited:
They do ok on the road.

I use em on the tow rig due to some of the places I need to be.

But make no mistake.

I can get that thing as stuck ad anything else:laughing:

You can buy what you want, doesn't matter to me at all. I've played the BFG game and I'm done with them.

Make no mistake, I am no fan boy. I have run off road tires from BFG, Maxxis, Interco, Procomp, Pitbull, Michelin, and Definity (Pepboys brand made by Cooper at the time). I get tired of reading about people bitching about tires not being true to size when they are doing stupid shit like measuring tires with the weight of their rig on them :shaking: In my experience, tires are generally close to the published manufacturer's specs when measuring a brand new tire aired up and on the specified width of the measuring rim. Rim size will slightly affect the true measurements. Please tell me what tires you run that measure their nominal height mounted on a 5,000-6,000Lb rig at ~60% maximum inflation pressure?

Will the KM3s hang with stickes? No. Are they as good of a rock tire as Creepy Crawlers, Krawlers, or Trepadors? No. I would probably go with Pitbull Rockers or Swamper SXs over the KM3s as well for both rocks and mud. However, they should hang right there with Nitto Trail Grapplers, Goodyear MT/Rs, Toyo M/Ts, Maxxis Razrs, Falken M/Ts and the like under most any off road conditions as well as be perfectly streetable. They are probably one of the better off road tires that you can reasonably run on your daily driver.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro. I first ran the 37 13.50's that measured 36.5" tall mounted on 17x9 Method beadlocks. Wheeled and daily drove on that set for 42,000 miles. They were just recently (December) replaced with the same tire in the 40" size. Tires measure 39.2" tall mounted on the same wheels.

I took those measurements with 24psi in the tires OFF the Jeep.

I had 35" KM2's for 3 weeks on my old TJ. Got them in and mounted them. Fuckers were barely over 33" tall on 15x8 wheels. Sold them as fast as I could, for a loss, and went with the 35" blue label Krawlers. Those measured a true 35.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180505_211423.jpg Views:	0 Size:	364.1 KB ID:	27019

Last edited:
I had 35" KM2's for 3 weeks on my old TJ. Got them in and mounted them. Fuckers were barely over 33" tall on 15x8 wheels. Sold them as fast as I could, for a loss, and went with the 35" blue label Krawlers. Those measured a true 35.....

That's bull shit, I have had that exact same setup.

So you think your Coopers which are already near an inch shy of 40" by your own measurements aren't going to squat down and be even shorter under a 5,000-6,000Lb rig? :lmao:

Last edited:
Really..... Got some pictures of your exact same setup? I do...

35" KM2's that measured 33" tall...

Same Jeep with 35" Blue Label Krawlers that measured 35"

And with 37" PBR's....

You must have some really well calibrated eyeballs if you can accurately measure tires from pictures posted on a forum, especially in non orthogonal views :laughing:

I'll tell you what, my father currently still has the 35" KM2s on 15"x8" wheels on his LJ. The next time I am in his shop, I'll get some good measurements and post them up in this thread. I think we have derailed the OP's thread enough at this point, so I am not going to start posting more pictures of tire and wheel setups he is not even asking about for the time being.

It’s all good. It wouldn’t be IBB without some bitching going on. :flipoff2:

Bitch on, in the mean time I’ll find a set of KM3’s and measure them also

It’s all good. It wouldn’t be IBB without some bitching going on. :flipoff2:

Bitch on, in the mean time I’ll find a set of KM3’s and measure them also

Lol i was joking about treps... just:stirthepot:On my part!
With what you want to do i knew they wouldn't fit the bill for you. I just remember on pbb you stated that every tire thread turns into a trep vs everything else thread:lmao:I had to perpetuate that:flipoff2:

You must have some really well calibrated eyeballs if you can accurately measure tires from pictures posted on a forum, especially in non orthogonal views 🤣

You do realize that all 3 of those pictures are of the same Jeep. MY JEEP..... No need to eyeball measure. My tape measure did the eyeballing for me.

You do realize that all 3 of those pictures are of the same Jeep. MY JEEP..... No need to eyeball measure. My tape measure did the eyeballing for me.

For fuck's sake man, I have owned the exact same sets of 2/3 of the tire combos you posted (37" Rockers and 35" KM2s). I am not just somebody who is talking out their ass. I already told you, I'll take measurements of the KM2s since they are still on his LJ and I'll post pictures of my measurements right here in this thread. I can guarantee you, even though they have a few years of wear and tear, they are taller than 'barely over 33".'

Top Back Refresh