Killeen Texas Region People

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
Fuck Texas :flipoff2:

with that out of the way:

i've got a job offer out there that it looks like i'm going to take on Fort Hood, starting next spring-ish. I've never set foot in Texas and probably haven't even flown over it. i've done pretty good avoiding the whole place for a while :laughing:

If i'm looking to be ~45 minutes + away from the base and not stuck in tight locked neighborhoods, what's reasonable regions to head? a quick check on Realtor shows housing prices as not much cheaper than up here in WA, so that sucks :laughing: i'd like to be $150-200k for 3bed, 2 car garage and enough space for a few dead cars in the yard.

Concerning cars, what's up with those silly window sticker things? are the vehicle inspections pretty legit or total nonsense? can i avoid them in one county versus another? My van has essentially no exhaust and no parking brake, i'd like to not need to sell it here in WA before i leave, but if that won't pass inspection, might have to.

Are conceal carry permits stupid expensive down there?

what else do i need to know other than to get some big ass California and State of Jefferson stickers cut out for all my cars? :flipoff2:

PM DieselMH for tha kind of stuff!:flipoff2:

Good luck, hope you succeed in escaping the madness in your current State.

Texas is full, move along. :flipoff2:

How legit the inspections are depends on the area and what type of establishment you find. Most are just basic things (lights work, horn honks, brakes function, etc.).

It’s not hard to get a concealed carry license. Take the class, submit your paperwork, and pay for the license. It’s been a few years, but I feel like the class, paperwork, etc. all together was around $150. The original license fee and renewal fee is $40.

Edit: Not sure how state reciprocity works for the concealed carry license may be worth looking at.

Texas is full, move along. :flipoff2:

How legit the inspections are depends on the area and what type of establishment you find. Most are just basic things (lights work, horn honks, brakes function, etc.).

It’s not hard to get a concealed carry license. Take the class, submit your paperwork, and pay for the license. It’s been a few years, but I feel like the class, paperwork, etc. all together was around $150. The original license fee and renewal fee is $40.

Edit: Not sure how state reciprocity works for the concealed carry license may be worth looking at.

i only got my CCL in WA because it was only $50. for 150-200 i probably won't bother. as far as i can tell, it is the same level of crime as not having a valid drivers license. and i would never drive without an active license or carry concealed without a permit. I just assume everybody has high quality and free public mass transit like we've got here in WA :rasta:

good to know on the inspections, those don't sound insurmountable.

Texas is full...

Fuck Killeen, shootings reported on the news are a daily occurrence. I avoid that shithole. I don’t know what that county does but here it’s a safety only inspection, $7 and out the door. What kinda van you got? I’m always looking for shitboxes?

WA is just so fucked. Austin can't possibly be as bad as Seattle, it will take them decades to get there, but at least texas makes it easier to avoid austin than WA for avoiding Seattle

Texas is full...

Fuck Killeen, shootings reported on the news are a daily occurrence. I avoid that shithole. I don’t know what that county does but here it’s a safety only inspection, $7 and out the door. What kinda van you got? I’m always looking for shitboxes?

'97 B2500 conversion van 5.9 swap with 3/4 race cam, side piped with a glasspack magnaflow, shift kitted 46RE, 14" disc front brake swap, rear disc brake swap with a posi and some dope ass 17" steelie wheels. little bit of interior work and i'll have dual 10" thumpers in the back :grinpimp:

i mean, if i can pass inspection, it should fit right in :flipoff2:

is it worth heading towards Waco or is that shit way overpriced and super yuppy due to "the joneses"? I have zero interest in living near or close to the actual base. 1 hour commute doesn't scare me.

WA is just so fucked. Austin can't possibly be as bad as Seattle, it will take them decades to get there, but at least texas makes it easier to avoid austin than WA for avoiding Seattle

In this current full retard race? Austin will by hoping for a nomination for the most progressive city in the country formally know as the Republic of the United States of America inside of 2 years.

So you're going to move from a State that used to be based but turned into a Leftist fuckhole, and now you are moving to another State which used to be based but is turning into a Leftist fuckhole.

I see a pattern emerging.

So you're going to move from a State that used to be based but turned into a Leftist fuckhole, and now you are moving to another State which used to be based but is turning into a Leftist fuckhole.

texas was never based and has always been a fuckshow :flipoff2:

gotta warm up all my texas bigotry again :rasta:

also of concern hopefully, what's the wheelin' look like out there? 4 hours or 10 hour travel times? SRRS events?

When the move is based on job opportunities is it really a pattern?

What ever happened to that guy? He had a couple of kids and a garage rental property the last I heard.

I have a friend from Belton that works in Temple. My family has land near Comanche which is further than you'll want to go. Your requirements can be had, but which direction to go will be personal preference. I really like the terrain and area. Gatesville has a large prison and wouldn't be my first choice. I like the Lampasas area as well. I would def recommend a visit and suggest renting for a year while you figure out what area is best for you.

I have a friend from Belton that works in Temple. My family has land near Comanche which is further than you'll want to go. Your requirements can be had, but which direction to go will be personal preference. I really like the terrain and area. Gatesville has a large prison and wouldn't be my first choice. I like the Lampasas area as well. I would def recommend a visit and suggest renting for a year while you figure out what area is best for you.

taking a week to visit is probably a good idea.

i feel like i have too much vehicular trash to rent :laughing:

taking a week to visit is probably a good idea.

i feel like i have too much vehicular trash to rent :laughing:

Nah, just rent the right kind of place. People in the country don't care. If you were going to move into a neighborhood in Temple, yeah you would be right.

I said "hey that doesn't seem too bad" located outside of Cameron.

just, totally ignore that chart in the bottom right hand corner :laughing: apparently housing asking prices have doubled in the last couple months out there :eek:

texas.png

Are you going to be working at the main part of
ft hood? It’s large.

Belton is better

sure, main part :laughing: I dunno, just got the tentative offer stuff today, no building numbers or anything.

i'd imagine the base itself is fucking massive, but typically the buildings are all in a similar area.

Fuck you, Texas is full. Now that the pleasantries are over...

Killeen, Copperas cove, Belton, Temple, is all trash. You couldn't pay me to live there. Everything to the east of Ft hood will be flat prairie/farm land, to the west is hill country. SpaceX is in McGregor, so the land around there is starting to reflect that. Honestly, its all pockets of hit and miss. Anything back towards Georgetown is going to be high as fuck, stay away from hwy 29 if price if of concern. Lampasas is a solid meh, but its conveniently located on highways so yo can haul ass to somewhere else. Gatesville isn't terrible. A lot of it is poor white trash, land of the haves and have nots. where on ft hood will you be? that makes a huge difference to what side to look.

Concerning your shitbox van. Texas is statewide vehicle inspections, but there's no emissions around those parts. Exhaust and working brakes is necessary, fix your shit or leave the $500 rapeshack behind.

Texas is all private land in that area. Minus what the government stole to make Ft Hood and create ghettos. The only "wheeling" is private parks. Hidden falls about 1.5 hours to the south in marble falls. But that's just a Jeep gay pride instagram parade. Give or take where you land, K2 and wolf caves is 2.5 hours away in Mason. Or you'll have to head up to Bridgeport 3 hours north.

Learn to drive/tow @ 80 mph. Id look torwards the Northwest, no one gives a fuck out that way.

Last edited:
Good luck on your quest to Texas...

The local news always paint Ft.Hood/Killeen area as bad place...

... Please rethink your right to bear arms, $150 is a small price to pay, priority on wanting to join the good guys/Texan values-

Learn to drive/tow @ 80 mph. .

that is going to be tough :laughing:

there is some really cute houses out there, i hope whatever housing price bubble we are in bursts in the next 6 months though. i'm blown away at what some of these mobile homes are listed at

Good luck on your quest to Texas...

The local news always paint Ft.Hood/Killeen area as bad place...

... Please rethink your right to bear arms, $150 is a small price to pay, priority on wanting to join the good guys/Texan values-

depends on where that money goes to. i'd gladly give $150 to 2AF rather than "state of texas fund for alternative studies at Austin"

TX finally joined the future and became an open carry state, so that helps a ton.

another serious question my wife just brought up:

I grew up a poor black child in North Carolina, as such, BBQ is whole hog pork and vinegar sauce with cornbread. Apparently in texas, BBQ is cows and not vinegar.

what do i need to know to not look like a fool around BBQ? is there some sort of "expected" side? don't order ribs because cows have huge ribs? is bone in pork shoulder still poor people food or is it wildly overpriced compared to cow?

alright, so i grew up in CA and BBQ meant Tri-Tip, but i've since learned that is #FakeNews and N.C. has the best BBQ in the country (world?) but the rest of it is valid!

Top Back Refresh