Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Kids bikes swamped and wont run now

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
Went out on mother's day. First time all 5 of us have went on a ride together (kids are 4, 5 and 10) and it was awesome. Towards the end, both the little guys tipped thier bikes over in a deep puddle and neither wanted to run after.

One is a PW50 (2t with oil mix tank) and the other is a Ttr50. The wierd thing is they both have different issues.

Both have spark

PW50 will start up and idle. For a while it would die as soon as you gave it throttle. Just now I drained the gas and put new in. Afterwards it would Rev up for a bit, then die. Pulled airfilter off, which was dry.

Ttr50 will not start, pulled plug, cleaned it, checked spark(good), pulled airfilter, which was wet. Tried spraying a little brake cleaner in and nothing.

I suck at making stuff run, I'm at a loss here and frustrated since we were hoping to take them out this weekend. What am I missing? Is it just water in fuel?

The peedub is likely fine, just needs to get the rest of of the water run out of the crankcase. If it keeps having issues, turn the engine upside down with the plug out and roll the engine over a few times.

TTR either has water in the intake, water in the carb, or a bent rod (unlikely imo)

On that one I'd try giving it a huffy of ether instead of brake clean (I notice brake clean doesnt burn like it used to) and if that doesnt do it, drain the carb and make sure it's got fresh gas. Compression test after that

We always clicked em into high gear an then just spun the tire. Sometimes it took while for all the water to get pumped out.

Any water get into the oil mix tank?

I didn't think about it getting into the crankcase. Makes sense since it runs and bogs, then runs and bogs. The intake was bone dry though.

No water in the oil tank, it didn't go under all the way and we snatched them out quickly.

The ttrs intake was soaked, but pulled it off and still nothing. Probably water in the carb I guess. I'll drain it and try again tomorrow.

I think you guys nailed it, definitely water in the carb on both and a bit of water in the crankcase. The pw seems 90% or so back to normal and the ttr is running, but not great, so I'm just draining all the gas out of the bike and may pull the carb off and at least just spray it out.

Wonder if this had anything to do with it?:laughing:

20230527_134721.jpg

After cleaning that and a Mexican tune up, it seems back to normal.

Top Back Refresh