Keystone XL reversal?

brd

OAITW
Member Number
Loc
I Don't Know
States sue Biden in bid to revive Keystone XL pipeline

Wed, March 17, 2021, 4:08 PM
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — Attorneys general from 21 states on Wednesday sued to to overturn President Joe Biden’s cancellation of the contentious Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada.

Led by Ken Paxton of Texas and Austin Knudsen of Montana, the states said Biden had overstepped his authority when he revoked the permit for the Keystone pipeline on his first day in office.

Because the line would run through multiple U.S. states, Congress should have the final say over whether it's built, according to the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Texas.

Construction on the 1,200-mile (1,930-kilometer) pipeline began last year when former President Donald Trump revived the long-delayed project after it had stalled under the Obama administration.

It would move up to 830,000 barrels (35 million gallons) of crude daily from the oil sand fields of western Canada to Steele City, Nebraska, where it would connect to other pipelines that feed oil refineries on the U.S. Gulf Coast.

Biden cancelled its permit over longstanding concerns that burning oil sands crude would make climate change worse.

Some moderate Democratic lawmakers also have urged Biden to reverse his decision, including Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Jon Tester of Montana.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see some pushback on his bullshit.

Biden had no right to do what he did, however the devils advocate side of me has to ask how aside from the temporary construction jobs, how would that pipe significantly benefit the US long term?

Biden had no right to do what he did, however the devils advocate side of me has to ask how aside from the temporary construction jobs, how would that pipe significantly benefit the US long term?

Cheaper to transfer the oil from one spot to another in a pipeline than other conveyance methods? Less emissions from trucks, trains, ships? Less chance of environmental impacts from spills? Lots of positives if you're not a commie! :flipoff2:

i thought i read on the old site the oil is still going to be moved to the gulf for refining. The pipeline is just faster, safer and cheaper. Without Keystone XL it just gets shipped by rail with Warren Buffet's RR doing the moving. how much you wanna bet the RR is pushing for the pipeline to be stalled or closed? :stirthepot:

Cheaper to transfer the oil from one spot to another in a pipeline than other conveyance methods? Less emissions from trucks, trains, ships? Less chance of environmental impacts from spills? Lots of positives if you're not a commie! :flipoff2:

Not to mention selling products made from those oils to foreign countries, or the oil itself.

Well, we kind of use oil and not just for fuel. We make all kind of plastics, and chemicals, so it's kinda handy to have around. And not having to deal with trucking, tankers, or trains, would be the most ideal. So with that in mind the most environmentally friendly thing we could do is pumping it through a nice long pipe.

It's better than the Canadians building a pipeline to their coast and it going to other countries.

Either way its going to market. That is what boggles my mind. Just cause he drew an imaginary line and says "it can't come this way" doesn't mean its staying in the ground.

i thought i read on the old site the oil is still going to be moved to the gulf for refining. The pipeline is just faster, safer and cheaper. Without Keystone XL it just gets shipped by rail with Warren Buffet's RR doing the moving. how much you wanna bet the RR is pushing for the pipeline to be stalled or closed? :stirthepot:

That's precisely it. BNSF does the majority (Berkshire-Hathaway) of the moves and owns the majority of the track in the area. There is also only one manufacturer of the double-walled tank cars required for crude transport, Union Tank Car (also Berkshire-Hathaway).

Buffett is behind it all. The fake outrage, the fake indigenous artifact and burial grounds claims, the protesters brought in by bus. All. Of. It.

He stands to lose out on $billions per year if this project is completed. That's why he donated a quarter-million dollars to the DNC during this last election... the promise to protect his income.

congress had to grant the pipeline permit. The executive cannot just undo what congress passed with an EO. it violates the constitution.

congress had to grant the pipeline permit. The executive cannot just undo what congress passed with an EO. it violates the constitution.

Since when has the Constitution mattered? Is there a single part of the Bill of Rights that hasn't been trampled on? Well, I haven't had troops quartered in my home yet.

Doesn't help that the idiot in charge up here also wanted it cancelled for "environmental" reasons...completely ignoring the western provinces economy and what it brings to Canada. Such a stupid move by both administrations.

doesnt the pipeline go through native land without their permission?? or am I confusing it with a different pipeline?

There is no pipeline in the last 50 years that has ever gone through "native land" without permission.

so I just did a search and this was the first thing that popped up..
but I think they are referring to a different pipeline
th

Image: scalar.usc.edu
The pipeline, which runs in part across Native American land, has been operating for years on an expired easement permit. (CN) — An Eighth Circuit panel will determine whether an oil pipeline running through Native American land should come down because its easement permit — issued in 1993 — expired years ago.

this other posting.. uses the word keystone

TransCanada Filing Confirms Pipeline Will Cross Indian Land. The Fort Belknap Indian Community and Rosebud Sioux Tribe, represented by the Native American Rights Fund, continued their fight against the illegal permitting of the Keystone XL Pipeline with two filings in the US District Court of Montana.

Last edited:
so I just did a search and this was the first thing that popped up..
but I think they are referring to a different pipeline
th

Image: scalar.usc.edu
The pipeline, which runs in part across Native American land, has been operating for years on an expired easement permit. (CN) — An Eighth Circuit panel will determine whether an oil pipeline running through Native American land should come down because its easement permit — issued in 1993 — expired years ago.

this other posting.. uses the word keystone

TransCanada Filing Confirms Pipeline Will Cross Indian Land. The Fort Belknap Indian Community and Rosebud Sioux Tribe, represented by the Native American Rights Fund, continued their fight against the illegal permitting of the Keystone XL Pipeline with two filings in the US District Court of Montana.

If they had a permit, they had permission. :homer:

Damn you must be pretty OK with Enbridge Line 5 shutting down too?

My guess is its going to be more than just a crude pipeline, just like Line 5. There is a Propane plant in Rapid River that will most likely get idled/closed when that happens. Gas prices for both of us will go up.

Those poor mistreated Indians. That dude in the red shirt looks starved out almost. They want to negotiate for more money as always.:mr-t:

Since when has the Constitution mattered? Is there a single part of the Bill of Rights that hasn't been trampled on? Well, I haven't had troops quartered in my home yet.

While virtual I think the use of technology devices in people homes - ring doorbells, alexa, etc - as government information sources is the modern form of quartering troops. It is using your property without express permission and knowledge

the permission expired years ago it says..

they no longer have permission for that other pipeline..

:homer:

WTF are you trying to get at? They had permission to put the pipeline in. You think they were going to un-install it when their permit expired? As was said. No pipelines in recent history have gone through native land without permission.

Addressing Misconceptions About The Dakota Access Pipeline

Unfortunately, there are a number of misconceptions and falsities regarding the Dakota Access Pipeline that have been perpetuated by media outlets, bloggers, and social media accounts. Here are the facts:
  • The Dakota Access Pipeline has not impacted groundwater in any of the four states through which it passes since going into service in June of 2017.
  • The pipeline does not encroach or cross any land owned by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.
  • The Dakota Access Pipeline is entirely underground and crosses under Lake Oahe at a minimum depth of 95 feet below the bottom of the riverbed.
  • The Dakota Access Pipeline does not encroach on water supply; the Standing Rock Sioux's water intake has been moved to a location about 75 miles away from the pipeline.
  • In August of 2018, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers completed more than a year of additional study of the Dakota Access oil pipeline, saying the work substantiated its earlier determination that the pipeline poses no significant environmental threats.
  • The Dakota Access Pipeline is one of the most technologically advanced and safest pipelines ever built. It surpasses federal safety requirements.
Notably, by contrast, rail cars transporting crude oil from wells owned by Native American Tribes currently cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation without objection.

Another pipeline has operated beneath Lake Oahe for more than 35 years.

The verdict is in Arti , you are wrong once again.

some of ya'll don't seem to understand the rule of law.. If I am no longer married, then I no longer have permission to screw her.. thats how simple it is..

lol

Addressing Misconceptions About The Dakota Access Pipeline

Unfortunately, there are a number of misconceptions and falsities regarding the Dakota Access Pipeline that have been perpetuated by media outlets, bloggers, and social media accounts. Here are the facts:
  • The Dakota Access Pipeline has not impacted groundwater in any of the four states through which it passes since going into service in June of 2017.
  • The pipeline does not encroach or cross any land owned by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.
  • The Dakota Access Pipeline is entirely underground and crosses under Lake Oahe at a minimum depth of 95 feet below the bottom of the riverbed.
  • The Dakota Access Pipeline does not encroach on water supply; the Standing Rock Sioux's water intake has been moved to a location about 75 miles away from the pipeline.
  • In August of 2018, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers completed more than a year of additional study of the Dakota Access oil pipeline, saying the work substantiated its earlier determination that the pipeline poses no significant environmental threats.
  • The Dakota Access Pipeline is one of the most technologically advanced and safest pipelines ever built. It surpasses federal safety requirements.
Notably, by contrast, rail cars transporting crude oil from wells owned by Native American Tribes currently cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation without objection.

Another pipeline has operated beneath Lake Oahe for more than 35 years.

The verdict is in Arti , you are wrong once again.

so where is the link that you got this misleading quote from?

some of ya'll don't seem to understand the rule of law.. If I am no longer married, then I no longer have permission to screw her.. thats how simple it is..

lol

WTF does being married have to do with permission to fuck her? Oh yeah. NOTHING.

you are wrong once again.

^^ Thats twice in two replies. :rolleyes:

Top Back Refresh