What's new

Keeping 52" Shear Mobile

lpukas2

Maintains those stupid things that fly
Member Number
Loc
Vail, AZ
Picking up a 52" Acra shear "stomp shear" from work for free, fucker weighs 1000 pounds. Looking for ideas on how to keep it mobile.

Trailer jacks at 4 corners?

Build a stand with caster on it?

Any ideas...........

Build a heavy steel dolly for it, larger than the machine in the front so you can stand on it when shearing.

Don't put casters on the legs unless you want it flipped over.

There's all sorts of half assed shit you can do that will work but we're gonna need to see pics of the stand it's on before we give you good suggestions.

Guessing on the model since you gave so much detail...

If it's this one, looks really easy. I'd try to rig up some wheels that drop down with a jack or screw so that you can rest it on its original legs when in use.

FSF5213-Foot-Shear.png

Yeah picture would help..... After looking at it im think of mounting c-channel across the side maybe a foot past the shear and just attaching trailer jacks. That might give it more stability instead of mounting them straight to it.

image_50424833.JPG

image_67160833.JPG

I had one
sold it to the neighbor down the street with a stipulation that I still get to use it

things take up too much room

I had one
sold it to the neighbor down the street with a stipulation that I still get to use it

things take up too much room

That is a problem and I'm not sure how much I'll use it, but its free. I'm also trying to score a extra Bridgeport Mill we have here. I've built 3 offroad camping trailers in the past, having this would have saved me a ton of money and time.

Could make some dollys that go under the machine. Did that to move my lathe, worked very very well. The all thread gets tightened against the body of the machine, which keeps the wheels upright.

Shit at 1000#, if you can pick it up, you can get a pair of 500# capacity furniture moving dollys and just use those.

IXfe2yNiCjX1ihzebRRJ_LHw=w1919-h1440-no?authuser=0.jpg

VXhkv5MdDz0PcgPQDezrfMtQ=w1919-h1440-no?authuser=0.jpg

Unlike some folks, all of my tools are mobile. I load and unload the trailer using a lift gate for every job, several times a year. Not only wheels, everything is caged so it can be strapped down to travel. These sure make it quick and easy and, they work on anything I want:flipoff2:
Sees the first pic:

"oh he's about to move something real big"

Sees the second pic:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Top Back Refresh