What's new

Just showing off...

Dumptruck.the.wookie

High Hopes, Low Standards
Member Number
Loc
Littleton,CO
First trip to Moab, finished the V6 swap just in time. Shakedown was on Metal Masher then Hells Gate the next day. Did Potato Salad and Steel Bender at night.
Struts came loose on MM. Clogged baffle made it smoke like a train here and there. No breakage until the last obstacle on the way out of Steel Bender, popped an inner cv cage spinning the tires.
V6 and deep gears for the win.

Before you say it. Holy Wonky Camber Batman. Had some downtime while a buddy lost a bead on Cowboy Hill(i think), took the time and did an alignment adjustment on top of the world.

That rock made my old ass BFG KO's (not KO2's) act new!
The only reason it went so smooth was good spotting, thanks Dave and Matt

Hells Gate and The Escalator

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp9p82e-gd-F-3sC2h9QhSKeDJrgvUMDI

Felt like one of those mini shopping carts here.
20210516_093538.jpg

20210516_162334.jpg
IMG_20210516_160733.jpg
20210514_190532.jpg
20210516_142149.jpg

This is where I finally stopped to tweak the Camber. Great spot for an alignment.

Zuk V6? I was interested in them since they seem to be easy to adapt to an older zuk. Seems like there is nothing but hate online.

Man that thing looks like a riot! Been keeping my eye out for a track/kick that isn't 5,000 bucks around here to build something similar.

Hell yeah. I follow along on your YouTube channel.

Did you do a stand along harness?

I used the harness from the 02. I pulled all the body wiring out, except headlights, used 02 fusebox and relays. Shortened the hell out of it.
The only bits left from the 89 is the ignition switch and the e brake switch. I need to hook that up, I keep driving with the brake on...

I used the harness from the 02. I pulled all the body wiring out, except headlights, used 02 fusebox and relays. Shortened the hell out of it.
The only bits left from the 89 is the ignition switch and the e brake switch. I need to hook that up, I keep driving with the brake on...
How simple was the harness to do? Just like anything else? I’ve always thought one of the V6s would be cool in a small buggy.

I'll recommend the swap for sure. fit really well and more power than I can use at the moment. I barely ever broke 5-10%throttle the whole trip.

Wire harness was pretty simple really, but I'm one of those sic f*cks that enjoys reading 100 diagrams and sorting spaghetti.
Highly recommend alldatadiy.com for wiring stuff. Worth the money.
I just kept what the motor needed to run. The trans is a little excessive for the auto, (input speed, output speed, range position, vss) I have codes for pulling the egr, no 2nd O2, and no evap stuff. I am just going to reinstall the electrical part of the egr into the harness, ziptie it away and see if that gets rid of the egr codes. I can get rid of the O2 codes too. Im hoping to hook up the tank pressure sensor to the harness and again leave it just hanging out. Hoping the fact that it wont be reading pressure will make it also not notice the solenoids missing... or add the solenoids, again same story just hanging out...
I'm tempted to just hook up the evap stuff in case the fuel vapors get overwhelming. The tank is right behind me now and I have no body to speak of..

I have high hopes and low standards

may make that my motto....

That’s pretty cool. I like the sound of the V6s too. Got a nice rumble.

I’m wiring retarded, which is why I run the propane kit. About as simple as you can make life!

Not that I know shit about it, but those rust areas look like maybe some kind of a void in the casting/forging.

I'll ask the dumb question...... What are we looking at, trans part or is that one of the outputs on the front diff?

Found a pile of parts that should fix my problem nicely...
20210706_183237.jpg
20210706_183304.jpg

Engine in two pieces in the back. No trans or Tcase. Just right....
Axles for me, body for another project

Top Back Refresh