What's new

just drop this here - Project Binky

I don’t think it is going to last and changing it to something else will require a large redesign. Everything is so tight on that car.

Every video, I'm amazed on the fitment of everything. 6 hand-made brackets and 18 total mounting holes, sure they all line up perfect why wouldn't they

I'm bummed they stopped making videos about it. It was so close to being done then they just stopped filming.
Considering they’re making an instrument cluster from scratch I suspect it’ll be a while longer before the next actual video drops.

I'm bummed they stopped making videos about it. It was so close to being done then they just stopped filming.
I wonder about the finances of something like this. Do you think they cover all expenses? Do they make some money? Do they make a lot of money?

Considering they’re making an instrument cluster from scratch I suspect it’ll be a while longer before the next actual video drops.
Maybe, but there was a decent amout of progress made on the interior in order to bring it to that event like a year ago, yet that interior work (as I recall) was never posted. They also haven't posted anything on that truck either in forever.

I wonder about the finances of something like this. Do you think they cover all expenses? Do they make some money? Do they make a lot of money?
No idea. They highlighted a few projects along the way, but never did ads like AG1 or Raid Shadow Legends like other channels, so I'd guess their income on Binky was pretty modest at best.

My understanding for most of the project has been they had full time jobs and worked on Binky in the spare time. Now it seems like the gray haired fella works on it full time. They must be doing ok in patreon.

For those that don't go to the lubetubes, the gag real description;

Well it was inevitable really, all good shows eventually pull one together while they’re working on the next episode. And yes we have been working on it; learning new skills and pioneering new techniques and we're almost at the end of a mammoth task. While we put the finishing touches to it, here's the Best of Binky Gag Reel!

They're still plugging away at it. Given the comment about learning new skills, wouldn't surprise me if they decided to jump into the canbus world and doing their own cluster programming and what not.

Maybe, but there was a decent amout of progress made on the interior in order to bring it to that event like a year ago, yet that interior work (as I recall) was never posted. They also haven't posted anything on that truck either in forever.

My understanding for most of the project has been they had full time jobs and worked on Binky in the spare time. Now it seems like the gray haired fella works on it full time. They must be doing ok in patreon.
IIRC Binky is being built in one corner of Nik's shop, he does have a business to run during the week. Richard lives a 100 miles away and has a day job, a wife and twin daughters. He has stated that he doesn't get to the shop but once every couple of weekends. Then he picks up all the raw footage Nik shot and takes it home to turn into the videos we get to see,

Nick is a rally guy...I'm surprised he didn't bend the whole car getting it on and off the trailer.
Yeah, I suppose at the end of the day it's a car that's gonna get spanked a bit. It's a cool cuatom car, built to the nth degree using rudimentary DIY tools.

Yes there was some lathe work and other 'specialty' tools along the way, but for what they accomplished with the angle grinder alone is beyond measure.

Edit: completely d8fferent build than the Formula Supra where sponsors made bling parts and whatnot.

Top Back Refresh