What's new

Juneteenth 2021- our next Federal holiday

3Cs

Member Number
It's coming at ya like a Freight Train. I've heard on a few radio news reports that several states are already pushing for it. Just what America needs, another damned fed holiday.

So how do ya'll plan on celebrating it?

I'm wondering how fukd up Fourth of July is going to be this year. I fully expect the radical left to try their best to make it all about racism and to push the message that those who celebrate Independence Day are just a bunch of hate mongers.

After the American Revolution, however, the system virtually disappeared in the United States. In the West Indies, however, indentured servitude revived in many places after the abolition of slavery in the 1830s and 1840s. During the 19th century, large numbers of Indian and Chinese migrant laborers were bound into servitude to perform tasks once the responsibility of enslaved Africans. Scholars disagree about whether or not this new system was simply a new form of slavery. Regardless, as late as the first decades of the 20th century, unfree laborers—effectively the descendants of the mass of indentured servants who first appeared nearly four hundred years earlier—could still be found toiling in subjugation in the old plantation zones of North America and the Caribbean

https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com...30414-0113.xml

servitude vs slavery makes for some hilarious responses :rasta:

you'd think if they wanted a day to make a big deal out of emancipation, they'd, ya know, push for emancipation day to be federal :homer:

You would also think that if they wanted to take BLM any kind of seriously that they would stop acting like they do in the videos you posted from CHOP.
:homer:

I was shown a FB video today of an altercation between the Longview, Tx PD and some :mr-t:'s. No clue what started it, but after watching it for 30 seconds my mind was made up about who needed beatings...... Those police officers had alot more patients than I would have had in that situation.

Stupid fucks bring it upon themselves and then cry racist when they are called out. Thats the shit that pisses me off to no end. :mad3:

You would also think that if they wanted to take BLM any kind of seriously that they would stop acting like they do in the videos you posted from CHOP.
:homer:

I was shown a FB video today of an altercation between the Longview, Tx PD and some :mr-t:'s. No clue what started it, but after watching it for 30 seconds my mind was made up about who needed beatings...... Those police officers had alot more patients than I would have had in that situation.

Stupid fucks bring it upon themselves and then cry racist when they are called out. Thats the shit that pisses me off to no end. :mad3:

the BLM movement is and has always been trash.

Black Lives Matter, the phrase and as words in the english language, are true.

I’m self employed and like what I do. The massive string of holidays gets to be a damn annoyance messing up my schedule. Either people not wanting work done, daycare closed, or the wife expecting we will do something together, even if it’s freaking Columbus Day.

Im a fan of Thanksgiving and Christmas, the rest should be on weekends.

:stirthepot: Booze companies need as many holidays as they can to get people to buy their products. Walmart needs a reason to have a sale so they can on load as much ChiCom stuff as they can to people who think they are getting a bargan, and lets not leave out the car dealers, furniture store...

Cinco De Mayo was when a bunch a Mexican troops killed about 20 French, and one of them had a wooden hand! The French Forign Legion have a day of remembrance in which D Ajou hand is carried in a parade, but it wasn't untill the Amerrican businesses got the idea to lighten the pockets of the illiegals from Mexico's that it became a holiday.

4th of July, Thanksgiving, the orginal meaning of Christmas, and Easter are holidays ( I do have to add Halloween because it's mom's birthday). Almost every other one has been proposed by some business to make money

Last edited:
I’m self employed and like what I do. The massive string of holidays gets to be a damn annoyance messing up my schedule. Either people not wanting work done, daycare closed, or the wife expecting we will do something together, even if it’s freaking Columbus Day.

Im a fan of Thanksgiving and Christmas, the rest should be on weekends.

don't be surprised if they try and kill thanksgiving.

Maybe they would like to be slaves again...

Samuel L Jackson can be first.

Federal workers voting to give themselves another paid day off. At your expense.

It's just another example of the Left poking the Bear. They do stuff like this with an "In your face" attitude just hoping to get a reaction, then they can scream RACIST!!!!!

Same ol' M.O..

Top Back Refresh