What's new

Juneteenth 2021- our next Federal holiday

We (FED) just got called off tomorrow. Gov contractors were in limbo since they only get x number of fed holidays per year... They may be burning a day of leave tomorrow, since they also need permission to come in on a holiday.

Motherfuck. Got word we are going to shut down tomorrow for this BULLSHIT. Had to call our entire staff to let them know they dont have to come in. Fuck them, I will still go in to make sure shit is secure and do the work that is on my calendar. EQUITY YAY! Whitey goes in and busts ass to celebrate emancipation day, is this like reverse slavery:lmao:

Motherfuck. Got word we are going to shut down tomorrow for this BULLSHIT. Had to call our entire staff to let them know they dont have to come in. Fuck them, I will still go in to make sure shit is secure and do the work that is on my calendar. EQUITY YAY! Whitey goes in and busts ass to celebrate emancipation day, is this like reverse slavery:lmao:
I was wondering about this earlier.

I am doing summer school and was wondering if I should stay up late drinking or not.

No message yet so I guess not :homer:

My wife is at a middle school and she still has to go in. I think it's just the 13th grade and up that get it.

and the clown world just keeps on giving...WTF :flipoff:
I guess as a society we are fucking doomed.
Make up a name, oh fuck let's make it a federal holiday..:mr-t:
how fucking dumb are we? (that's not a challenge)
Of course if it was let's say, Lewis and Clark day that would be racist :flipoff2:

How about Taxpayer Appreciation Day..........Dat be raciss?

That's hardly just a Texas thing?
Just ironic to me that Texas is where this Juneteenth thing originated

They made up the name 150 years ago: this is an appropriated holiday, not a manufactured one. “indigenous people’s day” is made up…
So you're considering the location of one historically black college, one of many all across the country, to formulate a theory that a single state is the wellspring from which all racism comes? Got it. :laughing:

We all just got the notification that we will not be observing the holiday.

meh, at least father's day lands on Sundays.

200.gif

Prepare your anus!

That's probably right, it's going to go from just something in between the fourth of July and a Cinco de mayo drunkfest,into something with the BLM crowd getting their hooks into it and making it a giant civil rights protest festival..
Protestival :grinpimp:

the holiday doesn't piss me off so much as doing it at 2:00pm the day before. jackasses is what they are. Our side chose not to observe it due to the last minute nature but the federal side canceled everyone appointment that were schedueld for Friday. You have never seen federal employee move so fast to get something done. :shaking::mad3:

Got an email late yesterday afternoon saying that we are observing Juneteenth and will not be working today. OK then.

They made up the name 150 years ago: this is an appropriated holiday, not a manufactured one. “indigenous people’s day” is made up…

So you're considering the location of one historically black college, one of many all across the country, to formulate a theory that a single state is the wellspring from which all racism comes? Got it. :laughing:
You got shit for brains. :flipoff2: Did I mention wellsprings of Racism? No,I said it's ironic that the State that started Juneteenth has an all black school
and Fast food places with mostly black employees. No more, no less. What you got out of that is on you.

You got shit for brains. :flipoff2: Did I mention wellsprings of Racism? No,I said it's ironic that the State that started Juneteenth has an all black school
and Fast food places with mostly black employees. No more, no less. What you got out of that is on you.
It's not ironic at all: You apparently don't understand the concept of "historically black colleges": they're all over the country. They're for the most part built that way BY the black community, occasionally under the premise that they can't get a fair shot in a "regular" college: which was pretty legit back when many of them were founded...

You seem to think this is some leftover vestige of school segregation or something.

Go to a heavily black area, and yes, the employees of fast food joints may very well reflect the racial makeup of the community in question: not sure how that's even significant, to say nothing about being an indictment of an entire state... You can also find fast food places that are heavily hispanic, heavily white, or a mix of anything in between. It's not that hard.

Do you think we should institute busing to force a proper diversity upon the McDonald's in Fort Stockton? It's only 75% hispanic, 19% white, and a pitiful 2.5% black: obviously their workforce would suffer if those numbers of their available labor pool are applied: We better get right on bringing some blacks in from Dallas, and possibly pack up some of those hispanic french-fry making types and take them to Dallas to get their diversity back on track too.:dustin::flipoff2:

Did you guys bitch and moan this much when MLK day became a thing back in the 80s?
did they do it the day before that caused a bunch of appointments to be canceled at the last minute? Then yes I would have.

But it's a good to have another one to break up the long break between Memorial day and 4th of July. This time of year is a bit short on Federal holidays. :flipoff2:

It's gotten to where the only thing we really notice differently on a federal holiday is that the mail doesn't get delivered, and everybody sits around asking each other why it didn't make it this week..

What's with the bust or statues of G.F.? I read that Brooklyn & Newark has a display...
How come no needle in arm & fake 20 bills in hand-

The reason for that is the Emancipation Proclamation was read at a place called Ashton Villa in Galveston, TX.

As Rugger mentioned, it’s studied in Texas schools. I had never heard of it prior to moving here in 1988 from California as a kid...:laughing:

Top Back Refresh