What's new

Jump Seats Anyone?

Swayzeexpress

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I've got a 4 and 5 year old I'd like to start bringing out to the woods with me. Have a stock back seat that I just pulled for a recent trip. The back is way better without the seat hogging all the space.

Has anyone done jump seat style benches facing each other in the back? Think the kids will smash into the windows? Was I drinking or was there a thread on this already?

Following for my 7 year old. I remember banging my head around in jump seats in the back of my dad's ford ranger.

Go find some of the hard plastic seats with integrated lap belts and grab handles out of a Subaru BRAT if you can find one. The 80's BRAT's had a vertical rail with an adjustable headrest, you could grab that too. Rode around in the bed a lot in one when I was about your kids' ages. Comfortable enough for a kid.

The brat ones I see are side by side, I was thinking mini bench style over the wheel well

Just use the seats themselves. The frame they are bolted to resembles 1/2 in conduit. You probably want something stronger for the kiddos anyway

Lol yes, thinking something like these that will fit

Attachments

• FJ40 JUMP SEATS.jpg
    FJ40 JUMP SEATS.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 92
You know the seat flips up almost completely out of the way right? At least in a samurai, I guess you could be talking track kick.

Personally I wouldn't do it, those seats went away for a reason :flipoff2:

You know the seat flips up almost completely out of the way right? At least in a samurai, I guess you could be talking track kick.

Personally I wouldn't do it, those seats went away for a reason :flipoff2:
I just pull it when not in use and both kids on one side would open up a lot of space. But yeah I'm leaning towards not practical

Just got to drink about it a little, will come up with a good layout:beer:

Top Back Refresh