What's new

Joe Rogan's move to Spotify

Action Fab

Get off my lawn
Member Number
I'll be very curious to see how this plays out. I could see a mass exodus from YT to Spotify if they get the monetization right. Maybe it will be like the pirate to irate switch?

For those who don't know, Spotify is setting up a new streaming service for video that will be similar to the old YouTube model for content creators. I don't know what the details on the monetization will be, but they paid Joe Rogan 100 million to air his podcast exclusively on their new service once it launches. He will no longer be on YT or iTunes

I hope they Spotify ends the censorship trend Google put in play.

That's good news. My favorite podcast is currently The Portal, and it's been on Spotify for some time for the audio stuff. Works well. I didn't know they were introducing a video service.

I don’t shit about Spotify. I enjoy joes podcast if hes not super stoned and start droning on. But my understanding is Spotify is a paid service? But joes saying his podcast will be free. Wish stern would do a podcast.

YouTube is getting fucktarded lately. In the last few days the number of commercials per video has exploded. I counted 6 commercials in an 18 minute video yesterday. I guess VS is following their business model?

Does anyone know how long Rogans podcast deal is for? That dude has some awesome guests and seems like a smart well rounded guy

Hope this is a day of reckoning for YouTube like I hope IBB is for PBB

Tom Pool (timcast irl channel on YouTube) talks about how it could be a good thing and why YouTube is a dangerous place for creators.

That's awesome if Spotify isn't becoming something of an advertiser based service. I've been a premium spotify (paid member) for years. I am one of those ass holes that WILL NOT be advertised to against my will. After having Sirius sat for 13 years I dumped it when they got to ad heavy. I don't watch youtube vids because of ads. Spotify doesn't have ads even for the unpaid members. I love Rogan but don't listen to the show because even he sucks the advertisers cocks and has to break all the time to read some nonsense for money.

That's awesome if Spotify isn't becoming something of an advertiser based service. I've been a premium spotify (paid member) for years. I am one of those ass holes that WILL NOT be advertised to against my will. After having Sirius sat for 13 years I dumped it when they got to ad heavy. I don't watch youtube vids because of ads. Spotify doesn't have ads even for the unpaid members. I love Rogan but don't listen to the show because even he sucks the advertisers cocks and has to break all the time to read some nonsense for money.

:confused: he does a prerecorded ad read at the beginning and thats it

on his podcast videos he doesnt do any ads

spotify stepping up to video hosting should be huge, YT has been the sole provider for far too long

I know Carl from InRangeTv will happily post videos there

Hey Austin how many red stars do we need to buy out the rogans?:laughing:

Hope this is a day of reckoning for YouTube like I hope IBB is for PBB

Tom Pool (timcast irl channel on YouTube) talks about how it could be a good thing and why YouTube is a dangerous place for creators.

YouTube and Google. But I am repeating myself.

Vimeo and Twitch and a few others have put some minor pressure on YouTube, but it will be good to have more players out there. The only thing I won't accept is a subscription fee to each...I already have Netflix, Prime, and Spotify subscriptions. I don't want any more.

YouTube is getting fucktarded lately. In the last few days the number of commercials per video has exploded. I counted 6 commercials in an 18 minute video yesterday. I guess VS is following their business model?

I noticed that too. Really annoying

Hey Austin how many red stars do we need to buy out the rogans?:laughing:

Dunno ... maybe lead by example :flipoff2:

Totally kidding.

I really like JR but don't know if it's enough to switch to Spotify. I don't see why/how his show would remain free, so Spotify just secured a shit ton of advertising?!? ... on a show that people don't need them for?

Dunno ... maybe lead by example :flipoff2:

Totally kidding.

I really like JR but don't know if it's enough to switch to Spotify. I don't see why/how his show would remain free, so Spotify just secured a shit ton of advertising?!? ... on a show that people don't need them for?

:laughing: I was debating blue skull ya Fack! :flipoff2:

But im pretty slow when it comes to garage projects

As for Spotify I think the rogans will bring (or inspire ) other content creators to make the move

Similar to irate now that I think about it

I dont know how he/podcasts are that popular. The only talk radio worth listening to was paul harvey. Maybe the farm and ranch reports.

I dont know how he/podcasts are that popular. The only talk radio worth listening to was paul harvey. Maybe the farm and ranch reports.

Because not everyone thinks like you or agrees with your taste. You're one person in a globe of nearly 8 billion.

Every content creator should be branching out to alt tech (bitchute etc). There has been a constant effort to get rid of "unpopular" opinions on youtube, especially since Jan 2017. Right when orange man took office, funny how that works. The Pewdiepie hitpiece, Lauren Southern kicked off patreon etc etc etc. It hasnt let up and will only continue to snowball.

I guess good for him, and competition is always good.

I don't know how anyone listens to him though, or podcasts/talk radio in general. If I wanted to hear someone talk about useless shit all the time I'll just go find my wife.

Kevin

I don't know how anyone listens to him though, or podcasts/talk radio in general. If I wanted to hear someone talk about useless shit all the time I'll just go find my wife.

Kevin

:lmao:

I like Joe and have seen a few of his YouTube shows just accidentally tripped over them while searching and the guest caught my attention. But I agree I can't stand Talk radio and HATE commercials of ANY kind.

Looking at getting premium family membership. I see it says it blocks explicit music, is there a way to turn that setting off?

SO what does this mean exactly? I have always downloaded his podcast on "PodCruncher" which is my podcast app I prefer. Are they no longer available on any platform except Spotify or are they just an additional means of distribution?

Kevin

I drive a lot for work. Usually listen to podcasts to / from jobsites.

This. 12 hours a day in the tractor and you run out of music quick unless you have 12,000 albums on hand.

I think I'd rather go crazy listening to the drone of a tractor for 12hrs than some idiots on the radio,but thats just me! Each to their own.

Kevin

Top Back Refresh