What's new

JKUR 3.6 fuel line question

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
Probably should wait to post on Tuesday, but :flipoff2:.

there is a fuel line that has a 90 degree fitting along the pass side of the (6-speed) trans. Runs up the trans forward through the tunnel into the engine (from what I can tell).

Apparently it’s rubbed against the exhaust and melted enough to create a small pin hole leak. No idea why it wasn’t tied up - guessing it was an over site when the clutch was installed (20k miles ago - when the magnusson was installed by PO).

question: anyone have an idea what the part number is? I can’t find a good diagram online.

second question... anyone ever use the Dorman splice/repair kit? Fist time I’ve had to deal with these nylon lines.

flame away...

Replace it all with Summit Racing ultra light hose and Summit brand hose ends. Russell makes the EFI fittings that fit the fuel rail and tank to hook it all up.

The nylon line is OK until its not. Either replace the whole line with the above stuff or OEM, but I would stay away from those repair kits. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Burning your rig to the ground is a shitty way to find out it didn't work.

Replace it all with Summit Racing ultra light hose and Summit brand hose ends. Russell makes the EFI fittings that fit the fuel rail and tank to hook it all up.

The nylon line is OK until its not. Either replace the whole line with the above stuff or OEM, but I would stay away from those repair kits. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Burning your rig to the ground is a shitty way to find out it didn't work.

That’s a solution, but way more work than I want to do for a weekend driver. I think I’d rather find a replacement part number.... and then find a 3-year old with the dexterity to install....

Is it shooting out gas? If it actually has a pinhole leak and is not spraying gas, then it must be the evap line which is low pressure and could be almost any fuel resistant hose and also not much of a safety hazard if it fails.

If it is the fuel line, then you really should be careful fixing it as that's a 60PSI pressurized fuel line and if your repair blows out you have a real fire hazard.

Top Back Refresh