What's new

JK compatible Dana 44/60 Outer combo

Rob50lx

Member Number
I got to thinking after the thread on rotating the inner Cs that maybe I would think about turning my current JK Tera44R into a 44/60 but it doesn't appear that I would easily/affordably be able to use my current Teraflex big brake kit on the new 60 outers without paying crazy prices for Teraflex replacement parts.

I already have the Rear full float kit sitting in my garage, I'm waiting on a possible deal from a friend on some 8x6 lug wheels. As of right now I would still need to spend $1500 on new RCV shafts and $1500 on the Teraflex front kit. Do you think there is another option for a JK compatible Dana 60 outers with big brakes? I'm not going bigger than 38s and it is a 2 door. I have no interest in going full 60s due to driving style and 38" max tire size.

I don't know if this would be better posted in the general 4x4 section?

If you got +05 superduty outers Redrill we them yourself you’ve solved one problem. Then you’d have to get a 35 spline Dana 44 Arb to enjoy the larger shafts hence the whole reason to do this. Not sure Arb makes that locker anymore I can’t imagine it was popular.

You’d also need to find out what series carrier the tera gears take. I know jk stuff is basically thick cut with larger ring gear bolts. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong)

personally I’d sell the tera 44 buy super duty 60 artec Bracket kit, redrill hubs and get ballistic shave kit and enjoy my bullet proof front end with some cash in my pocket with similar ground clearance to the 44.

If you got +05 superduty outers Redrill we them yourself you’ve solved one problem. Then you’d have to get a 35 spline Dana 44 Arb to enjoy the larger shafts hence the whole reason to do this. Not sure Arb makes that locker anymore I can’t imagine it was popular.

You’d also need to find out what series carrier the tera gears take. I know jk stuff is basically thick cut with larger ring gear bolts. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong)

personally I’d sell the tera 44 buy super duty 60 artec Bracket kit, redrill hubs and get ballistic shave kit and enjoy my bullet proof front end with some cash in my pocket with similar ground clearance to the 44.

So is the stock Superduty ABS tone ring compatible with JK electronics? I am already running larger master cylinder, is that sufficient or do I need larger booster too?

So is the stock Superduty ABS tone ring compatible with JK electronics? I am already running larger master cylinder, is that sufficient or do I need larger booster too?

I know artec had everything needed to do the swap and keep abs working. Iirc there was some tech on their website about this but might be imagining things.

Top Back Refresh