What's new

Jeep value?

I know nothing about Jeeps besides they are gay and expensive.

I am looking to add another vehicle to my business and have found this one for sale.

It ticks off the checklist

Auto
Slightly lifted
Bright color
Underbody glow (fag) lights
Loud Stereo

Paint job is 1 year old so not sure if it is old enough to see if it is hiding a bunch of BS body work or not

Asking $10k

4 cyl motor

Thoughts?

What do you think a fair price for it is?

Based on what I see in the pics, top dollar would be under 5 grand.

I am not sure I follow.

I have cash I don't need a loan.

What I dont have is time to look around. I kid you not, I am at 50 hours since Friday right now. 12+ hour days.

I can't leave here.

I have this Jeep being brought to me right now.

I am concerned about the engine now, I thought the 4 cyl while gutless were decent for reliability.

There is gutless and then there is 4 cylinder with auto gutless. That and they do not go as long as even an abused 4.0. At that mileage, I would be worried about almost everything needing swapped out before long. Cooling system is good for 100K, alternator maybe 150Kish. Unit bearings, axle u-joints in the 125-150K range. Trans has already been rebuilt most likely so you are either good for awhile or it is due soon. The governor wears in the 30RH and it starts shifting wonky.

I just looked it over.

It does actually look like a Jeep that I would do good with (being able to rent it)

But it drove like shit, couldn't keep it in a straight line.

I need a nicer one.

I kinda like the 4 door that was posted here.

I am going to reach out to them and see what I can do.

I gave the lady $30 for bringing it to me.

You're smarter than you look. :flipoff2:

No, the ton of miles on it does not look good. i would likely put black tape over the display or something.

Or you can mail me the cluster and I can send it back with the miles you want it to read.

Heres a question about that aspect.

When I was picking up the rental from enterprise when the tweaker lady smashed into my truck, there was another customer who wasnt happy with the amount of miles on her rental and wanted something else.

Would it be unethical to swap a cluster in it with a bunch less miles, not for the sake of increasing value or screwing the next buyer, but to give the illusion of a newer vehicle?
Due to it being a late model vehicle, does a customer expect a late model odometer reading?
The only issue I could think of with that would be, customer gets in jeep with 60k on odo and it drives like a hard driven 250k mile car. :laughing:
As long as you disclose that it was a rental (some states mark titles) and has "x" amount actual miles on it, I dont really see the issue. Or is it just a moot point and I happened to be in the wrong rental place at the wrong time?

I've thought about this

at some point, I'll build a 4wd camper van, and rent it out

the gm platform, LS powered van is proven to run 400k when maintained in fleets, I'll be starting with a 200k mile van due to my budget, I'll pay the $100 to have the odometer rolled back for the "premium experience" and then disclose the "not actual mileage" on the title when sold. I may stack up documentation for resale value, or not care.

I am not sure I follow.

I have cash I don't need a loan.

What I dont have is time to look around. I kid you not, I am at 50 hours since Friday right now. 12+ hour days.

I can't leave here.

I have this Jeep being brought to me right now.

I am concerned about the engine now, I thought the 4 cyl while gutless were decent for reliability.

My 2.5L TJ lived on the rev limiter for 150K miles. I beat the flying fuck out of it. I wouldn't worry about reliability. Yes they are gutless. But if you drive them nice, they will last a while.

After it died, I bought another 2.5L short block to replace it. $1300

Im not exactly sure where you are, but i think TN correct? I looked based off knoxville, Tn in a 500 mile radius and there are tons of better example for under 17k. I know you were looking at 10k, said 15k for a newer one, so figure 17k it the top. Factor in a little covid negotiations and could probably get them for 15k.

Also willing to bet there is an IBB member that has been stuck at home and wouldnt mind a road trip with some beers and an hour in an exo at the end with a quick flight home. If I was closer i would help, but 18-20 hours one way is a bit much.

Did you get an investor from the other board?

Here is a clean looking bright colored example that is 8 hours away.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Last edited:
Crispins,

How about you look into Sidekick/Grand Vitara two door rag top?
Should be able to score two for the price of a decent Jeep. Maybe even fare better than that.

I know some came as RWD only from factory which aligns with your goals.

Like someone else mentioned loud paint respray, some booming speakers and such, few gayish LED lights that are all over nowadays and presto... Not something seen a lot, and it fits your pricing tier model.

Perhaps shortened Duece and a half:)
:flipoff2:

I like ProjectJunkie idea about camper van, if there is a market for camping nearby and such, used Transit Connect or two with different paint scheme / graphics and some built in storage/sleeping quarters and such.

You're not wrong. Good clean LJs arent cheap. My dad found one with right at 90k miles for like 15k and I thought that was a good deal.

I sold mine for 15k, clean and straight with 88k on the odometer. I paid 13k for it with 32k on the odometer...

2 minute search. I saw the green 4cyl in Townsend. It is the wrong time of the year, your ROI is now not next winter. There are better deals than what I posted.

I am going to have to drive over with the girls and see your operation.

CB8E1EBE-127F-4F42-813F-45729D3A221B.png
32C574E0-2EC4-4325-92C3-E73B102CAC17.png
2906666F-8BB9-4A36-9316-53B1A791D4E7.png
5508C91F-2A0A-4ABC-B2D4-A9119FEDC6B5.png

Top Back Refresh