What's new

Jeep Rubicon 392?

backchat

Member Number
Loc
KS
Maybe a Jeep Factory V8 wrangler again? Who is getting in line?

They had to do something to counter the hype the new Bronco will be getting. I won't be in line for either one though. Sounds pretty sweet though

Maybe a Jeep Factory V8 wrangler again? Who is getting in line?

:grinpimp:

giphy.gif

No one has better record of building killer concepts people would actually buy with no intention of actually making them than Jeep does.

Ford has been talking up for years about the Bronco being a direct competitor to the wrangler. But the unreleased bronco is already known for sure to have IFS. All it would take for Jeep to keep Ford under their boot when it comes to market share is to sell a factory V8 straight axle Jeep.

People thinking they would actually build this was pretty laughable. Everyone seems to have forgotten that they have five or six unreleased concepts from the EJS they didn't attend this year. So, get ready for more disappointment.

No one has better record of building killer concepts people would actually buy with no intention of actually making them than Jeep does.

Ford has been talking up for years about the Bronco being a direct competitor to the wrangler. But the unreleased bronco is already known for sure to have IFS. All it would take for Jeep to keep Ford under their boot when it comes to market share is to sell a factory V8 straight axle Jeep.

While you are right, who buys jeeps these days for actual jeep-ish driving? No one, at least not enough to influence the company designs. $60k jeeps are mall crawler and suburban mom territory. They want comfort, and that's not a live front axle, to them. It's an IFS in a JK.

Ed Zackerly.

I'd buy this (J-6 concept):

jeep-j6-25.jpg

. . . or possibly a J8, but the Glad He Ate Her is just too damned long.

I may eventually buy a Glad, but I would've already bought a J6.

Anything Chrysler is shit. While hot out of the box but garbage after up to 80k miles and beyond.

Anything Chrysler is shit. While hot out of the box but garbage after up to 80k miles and beyond.

My 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel has had an o-ring replaced in the water pump, and a cruise control switch went bad. 140,000 miles and counting, with original brakes and no other repairs.

Generalize much?

While you are right, who buys jeeps these days for actual jeep-ish driving? No one, at least not enough to influence the company designs. $60k jeeps are mall crawler and suburban mom territory. They want comfort, and that's not a live front axle, to them. It's an IFS in a JK.

One of us might be surprised, and it might be me. I live in the mountains of Colorado and spend all my time running around on 2 tracks in the Southwest where people buy new Jeeps, put a lift tires and light bars on them. I spent 4 days for the 4th of July Above 10,000 feet mine hopping. Jeeps (new ones JK/JL’s)seemed out number all other mfgs combined by 2:1. Everyone around here at least thinks they are wheelers that picked a wrangler specifically for its off-road ability.

But there’s a lot of country I don’t have my finger on the pulse of. I might be surprised to find that the rest of the country I don’t travel to, would consider a wrangler the same as any other suv.

One of us might be surprised, and it might be me. I live in the mountains of Colorado and spend all my time running around on 2 tracks in the Southwest where people buy new Jeeps, put a lift tires and light bars on them. I spent 4 days for the 4th of July Above 10,000 feet mine hopping. Jeeps (new ones JK/JL’s)seemed out number all other mfgs combined by 2:1. Everyone around here at least thinks they are wheelers that picked a wrangler specifically for its off-road ability.

But there’s a lot of country I don’t have my finger on the pulse of. I might be surprised to find that the rest of the country I don’t travel to, would consider a wrangler the same as any other suv.

For the most part, in highly urban areas where there's a concentration of money to be able to afford these and where most buyers are, they are a status symbol.

My 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel has had an o-ring replaced in the water pump, and a cruise control switch went bad. 140,000 miles and counting, with original brakes and no other repairs.

Generalize much?

You got a good one. There were a lot of ecodiesel trucks that needed motors by 20k miles.

No shit. That gladiator concept with the 60s front and rear with the 5.7 had me screaming to take my fuggin money. Then they crank out that turd?

You got a good one. There were a lot of ecodiesel trucks that needed motors by 20k miles.

Mostly '14's, maybe a few 15's. But the big problem now with the 14's -16's is the EGR coolers take a shit and burn to the ground. Supposedly they have a fix, but I'm waiting to see how well it fixes the problem.

Yup.

I especially lol'd at this part of the article:

"Jeep brand boss Jim Morrison said in a press release that the concept proves that the company can make such a vehicle and that “Jeep is clearly listening to its customers. We are anxious to gauge their reaction to this new Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept, a vehicle that delivers an incredible and unmatched level of fun-to-drive performance and capability, on- and off-road.”"

Mostly '14's, maybe a few 15's. But the big problem now with the 14's -16's is the EGR coolers take a shit and burn to the ground. Supposedly they have a fix, but I'm waiting to see how well it fixes the problem.

Can your delete it?

Can’t wait until people wreck the fuck out of them in the rain. Mud terrains and 450 hp is a great combo.

My my dad had a CJ-7 with the 304 V8’s they came with for a few years until the stopped production for that reason. The guy he sold it to totaled it a year or so later. :laughing:

Ed Zackerly.

I'd buy this (J-6 concept)

Yep, that would've been cool. especially with a the 2.8L VM Motori "duramax" we not allowed to have here.

Can’t wait until people wreck the fuck out of them in the rain. Mud terrains and 450 hp is a great combo.

My my dad had a CJ-7 with the 304 V8’s they came with for a few years until the stopped production for that reason. The guy he sold it to totaled it a year or so later. :laughing:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

nah, new trucks are so neutered with torque management from the factory, along with traction control, and other safety nanny shit it wouldn't be an issue to the general public.

For the most part, in highly urban areas where there's a concentration of money to be able to afford these and where most buyers are, they are a status symbol.

Don't have to narrow it down to urban, its just the culture in general. not even as status symbol money wise, more of attention whoring than anything.

Ford has been talking up for years about the Bronco being a direct competitor to the wrangler. But the unreleased bronco is already known for sure to have IFS. All it would take for Jeep to keep Ford under their boot when it comes to market share is to sell a factory V8 Jeep with wonton axles.

FIFY

Generalize much?

You're a lucky small percentage.

Top Back Refresh