What's new

Jeep formerly known as 'The Turd'

Kowboy

White Trash
Member Number
Loc
In the trailer park
I ain't gonna transfer all the build bullshit here from JKO but mize well start a thread I can chime in on once in awhile. :smokin:

Done put 5500 miles on 'er since she left the friendly confines of TNT Customs last Fall.

So we now interrupt our regularly scheduled programmin' for some routine maintenance.

Ain't no use to change the oil. She's got a continuous supply of fresh new oil since the stroker Hemi burns damn-near as much oil as high-test fuel. :shaking:

Thought 'bout changin' the oil filter but said fuck it.

But did wanna rotate the tires front to rear just to keep a good wear pattern since the rubber's big bucks.

So how ya reckon I done that?

Grabbed a few of my union crew makin' doubletime today ... and fired up the big yella front-end loader. Piece of cake. :D

photo5618.jpg

photo5619.jpg

photo5620.jpg

I enjoyed following your thread over on JKO for your rebuild. A well build vehicle for sure :beer:

So the simple-minded, communist bastards in Utah done shut Moab right the fuck down over fear of the flu bug. Which means my annual spring pilgrimage was cancelled for the first time ever. And that really sucks. BAD. Was gonna be one helluva roadtrip bustin' outta Jacksonville, FL ... and a welcomed break from the harsh winter here. :flipoff2:

But a man's gotta recover.

Gotta regroup.

Gotta have a new fuckin' plan.

Although I ain't never experienced it, Moab does have a second wheelin' season in the Fall. Might just be a bit of hope there. Gover'ments are startin' to come to their senses again and givin' us our freedom back. So maybe by this Fall, Moab will be doable again. I'll still be here in Jax so reckon I'll just take me a welcomed break from the harsh summer here instead. :grinpimp:

Hook onto my portable sex palace and hit the backroads for a coupla thousand miles to the slickrock. Hittin' as many fuckin' bars as humanly possible on the way. Then ease on up to Cheyenne from there and back to TNT Customs. Winterize the trailer and put 'er in storage. Drop the jeep off for a new 6.4 hemi crate motor over the winter. Catch a plane back to Jax.

That's assumin' the stroker hemi's got enuf life left in 'er to make it there. We'll see. I'll just keep pourin' the oil in 'er. :laughing:

Do you ever think of collecting all the shit you removed / replaced and just dumping it n the Co4Lo or Nemesis/Burnsville parking lot?

Do you ever think of collecting all the shit you removed / replaced and just dumping it n the Co4Lo or Nemesis/Burnsville parking lot?

That'd be one helluva sight for damned sure. Hell ... they coulda built another entire piece of shit from the pile. :lmao:

Pretty sure I posted up in the build thread that a fella that worked on my jeep at Burnsville dropped by TNT one day and recognized it. Said it was the worst build they ever did. Just slapped together to get 'er to the SEMA show. JK's were new back then and it was a big deal for 'em to show off the hemi conversion. Rest of the shit was window dressin' to try to attract a crowd. Worst part is the original owner footed the bill. He got fucked. Bad. And never knew it. :shaking:

You could try not turning 9k rpm in the hemi you have now. You know, keep her below 8500:flipoff2:

If'n I baby the hell outta 'er and shift early 'round 2500 rpm and just ease thru the gears ... I can get damn near a hun'erd miles out of a quart of oil.

If'n my mood ... or competitiveness ... durin' my daily commute calls for higher rpms and a more spirited approach to drivin' ... oil consumption's much worser.

But she sure looks good sittin' in my parkin' spot at work ...

20200614_parking lot.jpg

And at home with the front porch in full bloom ...

20200614_front porch.jpg

Had yesterday off work and was a beautiful day so I actu'ly got off my lazy, fat ass and washed the road grime off the jeep.

Few signs of wear but she still cleans up good.

Need Dirtman to chime in and give his speech 'bout how stupid it is to have a daily driver on 40's and coilovers. :laughing:

20200616_washed.jpg

She don't leak a drop ... just burns the hell out of it.

Done discovered a nice campfire, a bag of peanuts, and a 9-pack of 16 oz Coors cans will temporarily make a fella forget how shitty his life really is ...

20200616_peanuts and beer.jpg

I watched and enjoyed this build over on the other site. Glad to see you move over here since they same fucks screwed up that site as well.

Plan to rework my '13 to something similar over this summer.

I've actu'ly cyphered out the multi-quote deal on here ... so no more cut and paste bullshit. :smokin:

Between the rig, the wheeler, the beer, and the campfire, I'd say life is pretty good. :smokin:

Perhaps so sir. But livin' in a trailer park in Florida weren't really on my bucket list.

Nice tire rotation method!

Thank you Mr. Cod and welcome to the forum. :beer:

Was tryin' for an even cooler fuckin' deal and lift the whole jeep off the ground with our derrick. But didn't have anythang handy to make some spreader bars so the wire slings were gonna eat up my yella paint job. And can't have that.

I watched and enjoyed this build over on the other site. Glad to see you move over here since they same fucks screwed up that site as well.

Plan to rework my '13 to something similar over this summer.

Thanks for followin' along sir.

I'd think real hard 'fore you take a JK to even half this level. A very poor choice for an extreme build. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and a shitload of money by buildin' up some old iron instead of the JK. Lookin' back, that's sure what I wish I'd of done.

Unless you're gonna just turn it into a buggy like Kevin's doin'. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cod
Jeep's in the background. :flipoff2:

Yesterday was treated to a double bloom on our monster Texas Red-Star Hibiscus. Fucker made it to 7' tall this year and seems to be lovin' the Florida weather. Strange plants that folks often confuse to be marijuana. Flowers are stunnin' and ain't never had two at the same time. :smokin:

Carry on ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200624_TX Star Hibiscus.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.3 KB ID:	50446

So commutin' 5 days a week here. City streets ... so lots of stop and go with the traffic lights and stop signs.

130 miles total per week.

Averagin' 12 gallons high-octane gas and 1 quart of oil each week. :grinpimp:

10.83 MPG and 130MPQ. HAHA, sorry had to do it. that reminds me of the 3.8, damn that thing liked to drink oil too. Nothing in the likes of your numbers, but it was still bad.

10.83 MPG ...

Sad isn't it, that you can drop a V8 in a JK and get BETTER mileage?

I was sure 'nough tickled pink when I was showin' double digits for the stop and go drivin'. :smokin:

... 130MPQ.

Not so excited 'bout these triple digits tho.

Worrisome.

Troublesome.

And most certainly ... problematic.

And when ya start up the cold engine, she sounds like a fuckin' diesel.

Just hope when she blows, she don't chunk somethin' thru my high-dollar hood. :nuke:

Funny part is that when ya mash the skinny pedal ... she still runs like a raped ape. :grinpimp:

Already got the plans in the works for a new engine so gonna ride this here donkey 'till the very end.

You mentioned a crate engine going in. Is that a factory crate? Wasn't the engine in the Turd now a stroker?

You mentioned a crate engine going in. Is that a factory crate? Wasn't the engine in the Turd now a stroker?

Yes and yes. Lookin' into puttin' a stock 6.4L MOPAR crate motor in. Current engine is a crate motor from Arrington Performance ... a 5.7 stroked to 6.7.

In my experience with race engines..... They always feel the fastest right before they blow up. :laughing:

Don't believe it'll be all that long. But we'll see.

So the stroker's still hangin' in there and runnin' strong and plans are in the works for my major roadtrip next month towin' the Shaggin' Wagon. :grinpimp:

Three weeks of serious bar-hoppin'. Start in Jacksonville, FL and end up in Cheyenne, WY for the new engine swap.

Absolutely love it when somethin' you need to be buyin' pops up on sale ... :smokin:

https://moparproshop.com/inc/sdetail/16460/9527

So the stroker's still hangin' in there and runnin' strong and plans are in the works for my major roadtrip next month towin' the Shaggin' Wagon. :grinpimp:

Three weeks of serious bar-hoppin'. Start in Jacksonville, FL and end up in Cheyenne, WY for the new engine swap.

Absolutely love it when somethin' you need to be buyin' pops up on sale ... :smokin:

https://moparproshop.com/inc/sdetail/16460/9527

That should push the turd around just fine. And last for 100k.

How's your minivan engine doin'? :flipoff2:

Starts up just fine. This is number 3 I think? The dealer replaced 2 and I replaced one.

I have been doing a lot of reading on 1.9/2.0/3.0 TDI's.
Or I just throw a LS in it and be done
I just paid the $60 bucks for a CoPart account so in my free time I can browse for a donor car.

What the fuck! ... I've been ducked. :eek:

So I'm sittin' 'neath my shade tree in the trailer park drinkin' me a few Coors after work yesterday and some fella pulls up in a mall-crawler JKU and gives me this here fuckin' duck.

20200828_Ducked.jpg

Now I done been told we're supposed to wave to each other ... but ain't gotta clue what's up with passin' the fuckin' duck.

Can any of you fine jeepers out there tell me what the fuck's up with the fuckin' duck??

Top Back Refresh