What's new

Jeep formerly known as 'The Turd'

So far all the various tuners have agreed my fuel pressure is good. Not that that means it is I reckon.

I obviously ain't gotta clue 'bout this shit but I believe they're sayin' the problem seems to be some kind of shit with the fuel mappin' program in the fucked up brain (or something like that). Whatever the fuck it is, the hope is that eliminatin' the fucked-up brain will eliminate the problem.

We'll see next week.
I 'preciate the input and I'll certainly pass on your suggestion to the Hemi shop when I drop it off. :beer:

Ah. What you're saying is that it's a fuel map issue.

If it is, the TermX and proper tuning should fix that for sure.

I don't have the $$$ to buy it from ya, but if I did, I would. This is the exact kind of daily I need in my life.

Where was the fucked up brain mounted? Could it have been getting really hot?

Couple things you can do with the new Holley brain to give it a happy life. Rubber mount it and put it inside the tub. Keeps it cool and cuts down on vibrations.

TermX needs a dry area. It's not waterproof at all.

Where was the fucked up brain mounted? Could it have been getting really hot?

Couple things you can do with the new Holley brain to give it a happy life. Rubber mount it and put it inside the tub. Keeps it cool and cuts down on vibrations.
If I remember that was one of the early issues with Hemi swaps, the heat would just fry everything

Brain's up in the tub behind the dash. Rooted thru a shitload of pics and found this here one from April 2018:

20180406_B_Brain.jpg

Thank you sir.

And as an added bonus ...

Evidently, come to find out, one of the wrench turners in the Hemi shop has done a lot of work on air conditionin' systems so he's gonna take a shot at mine. TNT put a brand-spanky-new MOPAR a/c compressor on the new engine when it was dropped in hopin' that would fix my shit. But it didn't. Thinkin' got some bleed down in the a/c lines somewheres.

So if'n the Hemi shop can get the engine runnin' AND fix the a/c ... that'd be like killin' two chickens with one rock.

And would only leave me with the stereo and paint issues.

But reckon I'm prob'ly gettin' ahead of myself ... one day at a time here.

For those of you new to this seemin'ly never-endin', fucked-up saga ...

I started discoverin' what a piece of shit this JK was (and JK's in general) 'bout 5 years ago and commenced to chunkin' money at it while pledgin' not to stop till I got shed of all thangs fucked. My word is good, and 'tween the original thread over on JKO and the continuation here, this has gotta be one of the most documented, money-pit clusterfucks in the country.

But ... someday ...

Thank you sir.

And as an added bonus ...

Evidently, come to find out, one of the wrench turners in the Hemi shop has done a lot of work on air conditionin' systems so he's gonna take a shot at mine. TNT put a brand-spanky-new MOPAR a/c compressor on the new engine when it was dropped in hopin' that would fix my shit. But it didn't. Thinkin' got some bleed down in the a/c lines somewheres.

So if'n the Hemi shop can get the engine runnin' AND fix the a/c ... that'd be like killin' two chickens with one rock.

And would only leave me with the stereo and paint issues.

But reckon I'm prob'ly gettin' ahead of myself ... one day at a time here.

For those of you new to this seemin'ly never-endin', fucked-up saga ...

I started discoverin' what a piece of shit this JK was (and JK's in general) 'bout 5 years ago and commenced to chunkin' money at it while pledgin' not to stop till I got shed of all thangs fucked. My word is good, and 'tween the original thread over on JKO and the continuation here, this has gotta be one of the most documented, money-pit clusterfucks in the country.

But ... someday ...

I'm NOT a JK fan. At all.

If I ever had to have one, that would be this one. It's badass.

It would be a perfect fit for you then. Cause there really isn't much JK left in his JK. Except for maybe the shadow it throws.

Someday..... hell at this point, we're praying for this month. Good luck!

yea, rootin' for ya too

Thank you gentlemen. :beer:

Agreed.

Thank you sir ... be glad you don't have to have one.

Cause there really isn't much JK left in his JK. Except for maybe the shadow it throws.

Least it's got the stock grille Buggy Boy. :flipoff2:

Reckon I'll hold off on ponderin' that 'til someone actu'ly shows up in the white-trash trailer park and knocks on my trailer door holdin' $75k in unmarked, non-sequential hun'erd dollar bills. :grinpimp:

Mite be enough ... mite not. :smokin:

I wouldn't sell it. At this point $75k would probably be a heck of a loss on it and then what do you replace it with? Start over with a JL or JT? No thanks...

I doubt I'll have to worry much 'bout sellin' it. Ain't heard nobody yet knockin' at the trailer door ... much less somebody with a grocery bag fulla cash.

But if'n it does sell, I certainly don't see myself startin' over with any kinda build at all.

Maybe buy me a hybrid Prius.

Out of curiosity What radiator do you have in there? It looks nice and heavy duty.

I see your ear in the mirror. You almost gave yourself up.:flipoff2:

I think on JKO there was a couple of pics of the ole fucker :beer:

Good catch there ... gonna have to be more careful. :laughing:

I was so excited to see the outstandin' progress on the fuckin' thang that I done forgot to take a pic of the entire shop ... the fucker looks incredibly out of place in there with the other customers cars.

But the Hemi Dude workin' on 'er thinks it's cool and was impressed with the design of the dash and the wirin'. So a shout-out to TNT Customs for sure.

Out of curiosity What radiator do you have in there? It looks nice and heavy duty.

Some high-dollar fuckin' thang sourced from Dakota Customs. They use 'em for their Hellcat conversions to try to keep 'em cool. Supposedly they source 'em from some Fella that sells 'em to the military for the Hummers in the Middle East which were overheatin' over there. Least that's the story that was told to me.

All I know is my junk runs below 210*. Includin' towin' a trailer over mountains ... and daily stop-and-go communtin' in 1000* N.E. Florida heat.

New brain installed.

Still a few loose ends to wrap up ... but I heard 'er run this mornin'. She loped along right steady at 900 rpm. :smokin:

Ain't gonna be long 'fore they're sealin' the dash back up and tryin' to tune 'er.

Million-dollar question remains ... Can they program the low-rpm, fuel-mappin' in the new ECM to make the fucker crawl???

Or ... do they still need to install the new custom camshaft???

We'll see.

Regardless ... I ain't quittin' 'till she's right. :shaking:

20210817_B_Engine.jpg

20210817_A_Brain.jpg

Top Back Refresh