What's new

Java's F450 RV

Nothing to back it up but that seems right per experience. Just higher pressure alone has a huge effect on ride.

I do have a tpms sitting here to install this weekend..... Lunch time project.

On that note, anyone know what normal tire Temps are?

Be prepared for big increases in pressure as your trip length increases. (this may not apply to you and your geography)
My 100 PSI G rated RV tires end up around 123 psi in the heat of the summer. Temps from IR gun say 140F ish with ambient temps around 100F.

I have had so many truck tire failures I get scared watching the TPMS but it is a awesome tool for warning of problems.

They did go up, but seemed to stabilize.

Started 70 front 90 rear (LR was higher starting also)
50424042107_be345cf926_b.jpg

Temps in C. The extra two sensors are in the back, so kinda ambient. I am surprised they were so different. All started at 27 before driving.
50423176578_08f9e7ea55_b.jpg

What surprised me was the higher pressure rear tire was also higher temp. FWIW 28C = 82.4F

Just screw on doohickies.
50423873481_d5104791ec_b.jpg

Well fuck me. I've been putting off coating (DONT USE SIKA ON THE ROOF....) the roof, this is the last week of ok weather before rain.... But it cooled way down and is overcast...

Scrubbed the fuck out of it. Leaf blower towels and pray for it to dry....

50437309312_b1e3672b77_b.jpg

This is why, the shit gets all soft after water/UV exposure.
50436445198_22283a581b_b.jpg

Mask off the universe. Didn't want shit dripping down the sides.
50437307887_f68e61c1d2_b.jpg

Mix part A and B of the epoxy primer. Here is fuck up number one.... Part A had settled.... I didn't realize it till I dumped what I needed out of the bucket. There was a ton of solids on the bottom. I scooped some out and tossed it in my mix..... Hoped for the best. Should have grabbed a bigger clean bucket to mix it all in. Didn't even think of that.... Fuck.
50436443723_13a631d3b7_b.jpg

Rolled it on. It was skinning a little bit in the tray etc, so I thought it would be ok.
50436443838_00052b9b9f_b.jpg

Went out this morning, and its fucking soft still...... It got a fair bit of dew, but the temps stayed above 55 (truck said 58 this morning). Called the tech line, they said if it was under 50 it will REALLY slow the cure. Thoughts? And i fucked by my mix or is this shit gonna set up? If it doesn't I have a huge fucking mess to clean up. And its not water proof.... And its supposed to rain tomorrow. FUCK. I need two top coats on it today...... The primer wasn't required even for the coating, but I figured it couldn't hurt to use it....

Looks like Harbor Freight carport ownership is in someone's future. :laughing:

The deja vu is killing me but I fell like this is old news, part of the PBB migration.

CarterKraft this is real time.... :mad3:

Damn it man! I am not a paint guy for a reason, that shit never works for me I'm always doing something wrong.

I was going to add I like Sikaflex products a lot but there are so many types I get scared on the RV as to which one to use so I stick with self leveling or non self leveling dicor unless its the black urethane type.

I've been struggling with paint curing issues here too, but not with that stuff, regular urethane paint. Cooler overnight temps and dew.

If part A had settled, and wasn't mixed, then you likely have an issue with the mix. I'd try to heat a section a little to see if it'll set up, then make a call to strip and recoat, or top coat what's there. Tough call either way.

I've been struggling with paint curing issues here too, but not with that stuff, regular urethane paint. Cooler overnight temps and dew.

If part A had settled, and wasn't mixed, then you likely have an issue with the mix. I'd try to heat a section a little to see if it'll set up, then make a call to strip and recoat, or top coat what's there. Tough call either way.

I am afraid to topcoat over this and have it fail underneath...... If it doesn't set up that means strip imo..... FAWK.

I hope it wasn't the mix.....

I made the same mistake with Summit's house brand epoxy primer, and it set up. The solids were way low on mine and it didn't provide any protection though.

I made the same mistake with Summit's house brand epoxy primer, and it set up. The solids were way low on mine and it didn't provide any protection though.

That's good to know, I don't really care about the protection, this is more or less and adhesion promoter

Well I said fuck work and left early to get a second coat on. Rain was coming tonight. In total there is about 1.75 gallons on. About right at the 1gal/100 sq ft rate. Lots of bugs in the second coat..... We decided not to head to desert this weekend.

photo27369.jpg

photo27368.jpg

Just did fuel and oil. Does this seem crazy black for fuel filter for 10k miles?

50492876667_102160e0f2_b.jpg

Yeah, you for sure should. I am in the habit of changing my oil+filters, and fuel filters (frame and engine, frame is ALWAYS dirtier), on the same interval, every 7500 miles. I've been stranded with clogged fuel filters once ,it aint no fun. I now always carry a spare filter set and wrenches to do it.

Yeah, you for sure should. I am in the habit of changing my oil+filters, and fuel filters (frame and engine, frame is ALWAYS dirtier), on the same interval, every 7500 miles. I've been stranded with clogged fuel filters once ,it aint no fun. I now always carry a spare filter set and wrenches to do it.

I carry a set of filters too.... Cold and shitty fuel scares me.

I'll try to get the frame one done asap. Its just a bitch to get to. Tons of wiring in the way......

Any idea what would make it black like that?!

I carry a set of filters too.... Cold and shitty fuel scares me.

I'll try to get the frame one done asap. Its just a bitch to get to. Tons of wiring in the way......

Any idea what would make it black like that?!

It starts out clear beige, right? Not sure what would cause that other than dirt and silt in the fuel.

That seems really black for a fuel filter at any mileage. Not sure on the 6.4 but when we had those symptoms on our C6.6 engines the common rail pump lube oil was leaking into the fuel side of the pump and the return fuel would black the filters out. The 6.4 is old enough to have a oil lubricated injection pump unlike the newer all fuel lubed pumps. No idea though about the 6.4 specifically.

Googling I see mention of Asphaltate but I have associated asphaltates with nasty sludge and black filters, get's misdiagnosed as algae often.
If it's asphaltate build up I sugest you ttreat it pretty quick and get spare fuel filters if you don't have them already.

Top Back Refresh