What's new

Jalapeño Poppers

det107

100%
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
Fuckiny
I used to make these for holiday parties at old job, got requests for extras to take home-

-1 pkg / 8oz Cream Cheese (room temp or soft)
-1 cup / 4oz shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
-1 cup / 4oz shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
-6 Bacon strips; cooked & crumbled ~ set some aside
-1/4 tsp Salt
-1/4 tsp Chili powder
-1/4 tsp Garlic powder
-1/2 cup dry Bread crumbs ~ set some aside
-1 pd Jalapeño peppers; halved & toss seeds or add to mixture

Mix ingredients in bowl* & spoon in mixture into halves. Sprinkle the set aside stuff on top

Place halves on slightly greased cookie sheet

Bake at 400° for 20 minutes

Let it cool down & gobble up

*I made the mixture night before & cut the peppers in morning & baking before work.
Remember that the Jalapeños are hot to handle; slicing/spooning...Warning: make it at your own risk-

I do them on the grill, wrap the bacon around them and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. :smokin:

So many different ways to make jalapeno poppers, I've never had them with a sweet component, do you have a recipe for yours?

So many different ways to make jalapeno poppers, I've never had them with a sweet component, do you have a recipe for yours?

Not really a recipe, spoon full of cream cheese into a cleaned jalapeño half, wrap with bacon (thin sliced works best).

The bacon should be a seal of sorts for the cream cheese, use a tooth pick to hold the whole deal together.

On the grill with them, I do the open side of the jalapeño first, flip when bacon is cooked to desired crispness.

Sprinkle some brown sugar on top as the bottom side cooks and it should caramelize a little.

The take about a half hour or so usually. Watch cause they will absolutely catch your grill on fire if you aren’t watching. Ask me how I know :lmao:

Last edited:
Not really a recipe, spoon full of cream cheese into a cleaned jalapeño half, wrap with bacon...Sprinkle some brown sugar on top as the bottom side cooks and it should caramelize a little.

Just an idea for a sweet component, how about adding a wee bit of Saucy Susan w/cream cheese in mix or instead of brown sugar, spread some on top?

I’ve never really played around with them. A friend of mine made them once and I was hooked on them. I followed what he told me and haven’t had a reason to mess with them. Once you get your cook time dialed in for them they are great.

I shall pass the torch of the grilled sweet and sassy jalapeño poppers for the next guy to add his own tweaks to.

I've had great success with poppers with one simple trick!!

It all started on a farm in the South of France when I was 10...

Lol, seriously though I season the cream cheese. Sounds silly, but people rant over them. They disappear so fast I get a little pissed cause I only snagged one or two before they are gone. Liberal amounts of your favorite BBQ rib rub works great. I often use a chipotle rub that has a little heat to it. I measure by sight and taste. The cream cheese should have a noticeable tint to it and you should taste the seasoning. Mix them thoroughly and stuff as usual.

I usually cook them on my pellet smoker for best results. I like the Kirkland bacon for poppers and use 1/2 to 2/3rds of a slice depending on Jalapeno size. Its thin enough that it really wraps well and holds its shape during cooking.

Liberal amounts of your favorite BBQ rib rub works great. I often use a chipotle rub that has a little heat to it. I measure by sight and taste. The cream cheese should have a noticeable tint to it and you should taste the seasoning. Mix them thoroughly and stuff as usual.

I usually cook them on my pellet smoker for best results.....

These are the exact 2 things that I do as well and they turn out fantastic. I love making stuff on the pellet grill. If there are any leftovers they taste really good after 5-10 minutes in the pizza oven to reheat.

I like to lay a slice of cheese (usually pepper jack) 1/4"-3/8" square, just short of the pepper length on top as opposed to sprinkled cheese or a bunch in the mix. Melts over the whole cream cheese mix, can still wrap in bacon. Prefer poppers on the smoker as well. Lots of variations on sausage and/or bacon and seasonings for the cream cheese.

Slice the bacon in half length wise and wrap one half of slice around one pepper that has been sliced in half length wise.

Top Back Refresh