What's new

Jacksonville Air Traffic Controller Protest

Juztyn00

Logically Irrational
Member Number
WA state ferries have been fkd up schedule wise for weeks (cancellations and delays) because of protesting ferry workers!!
Mandates are pissing people off!!!
They will all comply in the end though!!!!
I predict less than 5% of these workers will be willing to lose jobs over it, and it looks like that’s what it’s coming to!!!!

Easy to protest with sick and vacation time!!!
Once it comes down to the $$$’s they’ll cave!!!!

This is the way. Next we need truckers and farmers to cut off food to the biggest cities for a week. Hunger really helps people re-evaluate their priorities.
evernoob was right. Conservative types could shut the country down overnight. Glad to see more and more people standing up for themselves and others.

WA state ferries have been fkd up schedule wise for weeks (cancellations and delays) because of protesting ferry workers!!
Mandates are pissing people off!!!
They will all comply in the end though!!!!
I predict less than 5% of these workers will be willing to lose jobs over it, and it looks like that’s what it’s coming to!!!!

Easy to protest with sick and vacation time!!!
Once it comes down to the $$$’s they’ll cave!!!!
I know a few ferry workers that will wuit. But I feel you’re correct. Most will keep their cushy jobs.

I know a few ferry workers that will wuit. But I feel you’re correct. Most will keep their cushy jobs.
Seattle PD had about 350 holding out on vax mandate… day before they needed to turn in papers it was less than 150!!!!
Most had the poke and were just holding papers till last call!!!!

For most…..$$$ talks!!!

Seems the ATC in Jacksonville walked out to Protest mandates causing a mass of cancelations. Developing at this point, Could be big, could be nothing.
I was around the last time ATC went on strike/walked of the job , national security something , something shit canned.

think it won't happen again with the turd we have in office now ? :stirthepot:

I was thinking about that. I don't know if Biden has enough gravitas to pull it off and not make it a total shitshow. Not saying he won't try, but even when Reagan did it, it disrupted the system for months.

I was around the last time ATC went on strike/walked of the job , national security something , something shit canned.

think it won't happen again with the turd we have in office now ? :stirthepot:
Not the same situation. It was during Reagan's presidency and the ATC's union went on strike for wages and working conditions.
IIRC they were not legally allowed to go on strike. This instance it's not a strike, it's calling in sick.

Not the same situation. It was during Reagan's presidency and the ATC's union went on strike for wages and working conditions.
IIRC they were not legally allowed to go on strike. This instance it's not a strike, it's calling in sick.
You're correct , but we're in clown world now .

It’s called a “wobble” in the union world. If you have a no strike clause in your contract you call in sick instead.

You're correct , but we're in clown world now .
If the ATC's stay out they might need a doctor's "note" to prove they were really sick or they could face some consequences. I don't know the exact rules of their policy, but that requirement is fairly common. I wonder if Biden would do anything.

Yahoo is reporting the cancellations. They won’t say if it’s because of the vaccine mandates. I wish I knew a atc in that area to show them support. Shut the airlines down and that would be a big freaking deal. More industries would follow.

#1 there was no bad weather in America this weekend

#2 it's only happening to Southwest

#3 their vaccine mandate just dropped
I get that. And I hope this is true, I’m just looking for some solid proof. Someone has to be talking, there’s no way everyone involved is keeping quiet.

Top Back Refresh