What's new

Jacksonville Air Traffic Controller Protest

On the other hand, you could get the J and J and not receive the mark of the beast and keep your career. :flipoff2:
Do you think if people agree to this one thing they can go back to their normal lives? Naw man….they will just move the goal posts. Next he will need to get a booster or loose his job and on and on.

I had an Uncle who worked for the FFA in DC through the 80s, went for a visit. My younger cousin and I were at his brother's house working on a 65 Mustang they were turning into a drag car, my aunt and uncle came down to pick us up on the way back to the house he had a pile of paper he was going through underlining some parts Xing others out, so I asked what he was doing, He said this was a study to see if it was better to have the airline computers to connect with the FAA computers at the end of the day and send their data, rather than have them send the hard copy to DC and have the FAA computer people hand type it in. What he was working on was the 50 page document that had been made from the 500 page that had been made from the 1,000 page study that said yes it would be a good idea. He was in the process of making it a 5 page document.
I said that just seemed to be common sense, he laughed and said you should have heard the howls when he bought and set up a desk top computer in his office :lmao:

Start your own bis. as an IP?

I want my damn Pilots license so bad, but it just keeps getting more and more expensive, I'm thinking a Kitfox and a sports pilot license are going to be the only way I can "afford" it now. I've been hooked on flying since I was a little kid.
Funny, out of 4 friends i have that fly regularly and all have planes only 1 has a license. One of them said "its not like you get pulled over and asked for your dl, as long as you know how tp comunicate to the air traffic controllers your all good".

Pyleit. How often do you need to show your pilots license?

The only time it comes out is when a FAA inspector asks for it (twice in 20 years) and once every 6 months when i do my Sim events.
I figured they would tie it to buying fuel the way scuba does to get air. Sure there are ways around it, but it stops most people.

I figured they would tie it to buying fuel the way scuba does to get air. Sure there are ways around it, but it stops most people.
While I do like seeing my pilot outside doing an exterior check before takeoff, I'm guessing he has better things to do than to top off the tanks....:flipoff2:

That could work for general aviation, but many small airports have self serve fuel and there is no attendant. Disclaimer: I have not flown anything smaller than a B757, A320 etc in a long time.:homer:

I regularly buy 100LL and put it in 5 gallon jugs, if anybody at the FBO says anything, it's usually "putting that in a racing lawnmower?". Same location has JetA, could buy it the same way, but I have no use for it. The 100LL pump requires a tail number, but it doesn't matter if you put anything real in there, or if you just grab whatever tail number you can see nearby.

That is at my local general-aviation airport, I've not tried it at a commercial airport.

That could work for general aviation, but many small airports have self serve fuel and there is no attendant. Disclaimer: I have not flown anything smaller than a B757, A320 etc in a long time.:homer:
I'm 10yr out of any proximity to GA but that's how it was back then too.

I regularly buy 100LL and put it in 5 gallon jugs, if anybody at the FBO says anything, it's usually "putting that in a racing lawnmower?". Same location has JetA, could buy it the same way, but I have no use for it. The 100LL pump requires a tail number, but it doesn't matter if you put anything real in there, or if you just grab whatever tail number you can see nearby.

That is at my local general-aviation airport, I've not tried it at a commercial airport.
We had a specific number we'd tell you to punch in for a non-aviation sale.

Funny, out of 4 friends i have that fly regularly and all have planes only 1 has a license. One of them said "its not like you get pulled over and asked for your dl, as long as you know how tp comunicate to the air traffic controllers your all good".

wait wat?

:goes to looking for a Cessna on Craigslist:

I've worked in aviation extensively and I've never heard this. :laughing:

so on the topic of planes, Ive always wanted one. cessna 182, or a short take off and landing plane.

Stupid stupid idea, or?
Excellent idea. Stupid idea would be to not want an airplane.
My mom just bought a maule and that thing is great for short take off and landing! I think it has 250hp!

Excellent idea. Stupid idea would be to not want an airplane.
My mom just bought a maule and that thing is great for short take off and landing! I think it has 250hp!
Pics of mom?:flipoff2:
so on the topic of planes, Ive always wanted one. cessna 182, or a short take off and landing plane.

Stupid stupid idea, or?
Do it.

I got my private and IFR back in the day. Last flight was in '09. Might get back into it if I ever get the house paid off. Can't imagine how many FARs have changed since then, but I could probably still take off and land without crashing.

Stupid stupid idea, or?
Stupid. It’s more expensive than boating, rock crawling, and drag racing combined. It’s cheaper and faster to just fly commercial than to sit in a fawking 182 for hours.

Stupid. It’s more expensive than boating, rock crawling, and drag racing combined. It’s cheaper and faster to just fly commercial than to sit in a fawking 182 for hours.

I’d have to disagree on that one. My boat hurts the wallet a whole lot worse than the 172. It‘s true that buying/upgrading an airplane can be expensive but I do not find it terribly expensive to operate or own.

I’d have to disagree on that one. My boat hurts the wallet a whole lot worse than the 172. It‘s true that buying/upgrading an airplane can be expensive but I do not find it terribly expensive to operate or own.
how often do you fly?

A 182 is a bit of a step up in costs. Wobbly props go 7yrs/2000hrs between overhauls and run in the £7-10k range for an overhaul. The 6 pot IO-540 engines run £35k+ for overhaul (1800hrs) depending on the work needed
But then again the junk I was working on was flight school stuff and does 500-1000hrs a year so the overhauls come round pretty quick.
The 182s are still a hullavalot cheaper than the PA34 Seneca V twins

Top Back Refresh