What's new

It's like we didn't even miss a beat.

Probably because the passionate folks acted and came here.

Not that staying means a lack of passion but those that moved definitely have it.

I just took a look at the old place, last thread on the first page 3 days since a reply, here barely even an hour.

Yup it's lit.

Buncha unloyal, turncoat, Benedict Arnold mutherfawkers up in here. :flipoff2:

Build what the people want, and they will come. Sellout like Lance did, and watch it burn itself to the ground. I'm sure he laughed all the way to the bank, but watching something he cultivated from the ground up be burnt to the ground after he took money and ran has to hurt.

Build what the people want, and they will come. Sellout like Lance did, and watch it burn itself to the ground. I'm sure he laughed all the way to the bank, but watching something he cultivated from the ground up be burnt to the ground after he took money and ran has to hurt.

He could give 2 shits.... made his dough, then bolted. Doubt he lays awake at night wondering about it. :stirthepot:

Lance doesn’t give a fuck. He’s a business man.

He could give 2 shits.... made his dough, then bolted. Doubt he lays awake at night wondering about it. :stirthepot:

That's a good point. But I also dont think he sold it for nearly enough.. either way, its turned into a wasteland. I dont know about you, but if I'd poured years of work into something, no matter how much money I got from it, I'd still be bummed to see it turn into a dumpster fire.

Nahhh...... It's an ego boost. It shows you can give someone something totally viable and they just fuck it up. It makes you feel .... superior.

(and compared to who got it, I guess he was).

Or so I would imagine.

That's a good point. But I also dont think he sold it for nearly enough.. either way, its turned into a wasteland. I dont know about you, but if I'd poured years of work into something, no matter how much money I got from it, I'd still be bummed to see it turn into a dumpster fire.

So, you're privy to how much Lance got paid ?

It would be interesting to know what he actually go for the place, but just as an interesting point. i don't see the need to beat him up over it or anything. selling out doesn't bother me.

he is about like the vast majority of the OG dudes from over there, hasn't bothered to post much or anything in years. not saying that is a bad thing, but people change and times move on. far more than ~2k people have added to that place and then moved on.

that said, i'm a consumer of boards and appreciate the interaction, so i hope this place works out and the tech builds and it continues to grow and bring more people either out of the woodwork or on over. i'll be ranting somewhere and duplicating information from my computer to the internet online for a while, boards are easier than just starting a blog for that stuff.

Nope, I have no idea, I'm purely speculating. But I'd guess he didnt get paid near what it was actually worth.

what it's worth is what you can get, so it must have been good enough that he figured he couldn't crowd source a larger buyout sum. Seems like it has worked out well for him overall

HeH Heh, you said BEAT!
lukebryanchevy_1024x1024.jpg

It would be interesting to know what he actually go for the place, but just as an interesting point. i don't see the need to beat him up over it or anything. selling out doesn't bother me.

he is about like the vast majority of the OG dudes from over there, hasn't bothered to post much or anything in years. not saying that is a bad thing, but people change and times move on. far more than ~2k people have added to that place and then moved on.

that said, i'm a consumer of boards and appreciate the interaction, so i hope this place works out and the tech builds and it continues to grow and bring more people either out of the woodwork or on over. i'll be ranting somewhere and duplicating information from my computer to the internet online for a while, boards are easier than just starting a blog for that stuff.

He's pretty busy with real-estate and his kids BMX activities, plus pontoon boating on Lake Powell. If you're at all interested in what he's doing he posts fairly regularly on Facebook.

I have poured lots of time and money into things... houses, vehicles, jobs and etc.. I guess everybody is different in that regard. If I built/ remodeled a house and sold it for the right amount, I don't look back and regret a thing... on to the next one. Same with any endeavor. I have no idea what he sold it for, but I do know he didn't retire (does real estate now?). I am sure he made a little bundle on it though... Guessing on a figure would be a waste of time.

I have poured lots of time and money into things... houses, vehicles, jobs and etc.. I guess everybody is different in that regard. If I built/ remodeled a house and sold it for the right amount, I don't look back and regret a thing... on to the next one. Same with any endeavor. I have no idea what he sold it for, but I do know he didn't retire (does real estate now?). I am sure he made a little bundle on it though... Guessing on a figure would be a waste of time.

IMO I don't think he really needs to do the real estate job. He did create the "JK BB" and IIRC he sold that off to VS. I remember him posting on PBB once he was legally allowed to that the sale of the JK BB to VS got them interested in PBB and they started discussions which led to VS buying PBB. I wish Lance all the best, he's a great guy.

IMO I don't think he really needs to do the real estate job. He did create the "JK BB" and IIRC he sold that off to VS. I remember him posting on PBB once he was legally allowed to that the sale of the JK BB to VS got them interested in PBB and they started discussions which led to VS buying PBB. I wish Lance all the best, he's a great guy.

I haven't ever personally met him... I am sure he is a good guy.

I haven't been very active on the other site in years, saw the exodus to this place and figured I'd try to rekindle my forum flames

I haven't ever personally met him... I am sure he is a good guy.

I've met him a few times. I stayed at his old place in Placerville for a few days before I ran the Rubicon and he stayed overnight at my old condo in San Diego on his drive down to Cabo.
Really super nice and down to earth.

Nice to be excited about a forum again. Its cool actually looking forward to posting some stuff. I make some epic trips, almost all hunting and wheeling. Hardly anything we do makes it to Facebook. It is hard to explain to non irate4x4 people how everyone here feels more like friends and family than most real friends and family.

Top Back Refresh