What's new

It's always Tuesday- 04 Sierra 2500HD

How my day is going. . . in pictures.

On the way to work.

20231212_075826.jpg

Pulled in to parking stop, bumped the curb, and voila!

20231212_080221.jpg

Improved the view, but the gauges dropped out again. (truck is off)

20231212_114415.jpg

Looks like I need find more grounds to clean and inspect, and trace wires. Fun.

How my day is going. . . in pictures.

On the way to work.

20231212_075826.jpg

Pulled in to parking stop, bumped the curb, and voila!

20231212_080221.jpg

Improved the view, but the gauges dropped out again. (truck is off)

20231212_114415.jpg

Looks like I need find more grounds to clean and inspect, and trace wires. Fun.
Odds are it's the circuit board per:

Sounds like it might a failing cluster issue that plagues the 2003-2004 years. Total loss of power to the cluster is usually circuit board issues in these years, late 2004 and up clusters are redesigned circuit boards and do not have this failure. Unless it's a ground issue, which is a good possibility. G203 is the cluster ground which is under the top dash cover at the base of the A pillar. A clue would be if when the 4 ways come on with the left or right signal, they are dimmer than normal. Another possibility is the battery to body ground G100 from the battery to the lower left rad support. You could run a new ground wire from the engine to the body somewhere and see if it improves, then check G203. A bad ground might also explain the BCM codes, which is also grounded at G203.

Aaron Z

Odds are it's the circuit board per:

Aaron Z

Thanks for the link. I had the cluster rebuilt earlier this year which solved a parasitic draw issue. That link provides good info because I haven't checked the G203 and battery to left radiator support grounds. If neither work, I'll add another engine-body ground. Other search results said broken solder joints on the engine bay fuse block.

Thanks for the link. I had the cluster rebuilt earlier this year which solved a parasitic draw issue. That link provides good info because I haven't checked the G203 and battery to left radiator support grounds. If neither work, I'll add another engine-body ground. Other search results said broken solder joints on the engine bay fuse block.
Mine had a cold solder joint that started intermittently and continued to get worse.

Top Back Refresh