What's new

Is this where we discuss "the talk" with our parrents?

You def'nit'ly paid too much. Junkyard axles and a ball-less, mini-van engine.

The stickies were the only valuable thang on it. Sell them for top dollar and then flip the jeep with the shitty, new mtrs on it. Some high school boy with a flat-brim hat and skinny-legged britches will grab it up to impress his boyfriend 'cause it's got big tires ... and he don't know no better.

Then use the money to buy somethin' that actu'ly offers some performance and is fun to drive.

You def'nit'ly paid too much. Junkyard axles and a ball-less, mini-van engine.

The stickies were the only valuable thang on it. Sell them for top dollar and then flip the jeep with the shitty, new mtrs on it. Some high school boy with a flat-brim hat and skinny-legged britches will grab it up to impress his boyfriend 'cause it's got big tires ... and he don't know no better.

Then use the money to buy somethin' that actu'ly offers some performance and is fun to drive.
Its possible i paid to much, but i already have people trying to buy it for more, and your the first person to tell me that. Anyhow i didnt buy it for a "forever" minivan, i bought it to keep me entertained untill my bronco minivan shows up.

Because im genuinely curious can you post anything with the same or better build for a similar price to show i overpayed? Ill dump it in a seconed if i think there is something better for the money.
Screenshot_20210725-135932_Facebook.jpg

Fuck the haters. Drop an LS in that bad boy and get to ripping.

BTW, was your wife cool with you buying this for you and your boyfriend’s weekend camping trips??

:flipoff2:

BTW, was your wife cool with you buying this for you and your boyfriend’s weekend camping trips??

:flipoff2:

Well its most likely going to be my 3 year old son so....

She did think it was pretty funny when i told her how Projectjunkie and i were cruising it around looking for potential junk for sale in peoples back yards, and we got the serious stink eye from some dude sitting on his porch. Projectjunkie said he probably thinks were looking for a spot to park and blow eachother :laughing:

Yeah, the dude on the corner looked angry/ suspicious about the jeep, but was all smiles when I was dumptrucking down the road:laughing::laughing:

I just looked myself.... :eek:

The price has gone up substantially since I bought the ones for my wife's Jeep. I paid $360 a tire plus tax just about 2yrs ago.

shit, I paid almost 800 bucks for one of my 43" tires, Id buy 20 if they were 400 :flipoff2:

Some salty fuckers in this thread. I think you got a pretty good deal considering the prices I have seen most rigs going for these days. I like it. That engine IS pretty gutless, but its not the worst. Cheap to replace if it goes boom too.

The cheapest im finding 40" sst pros seems to be $480... am i searching poorly?

All of them have gone up pretty quickly. 3 yrs ago you could get a set of 4 37's for right about $1,200. I was just looking at 40's and I'm pretty sure America's Tire had them for right about $440 each. I've been running the STT's on 37's for about 6 years and like them a lot.

Well shit! I just looked prior to posting this and they're $481 ea

Well i ended up with 40" cooper sst pros. One of the only 4 42s in the country got lost by fed ex. I waited 2 weeks before i had to get something new.

First impression is they drive way nicer then stickys. Not that the stickys drove bad they just didnt seem predictable on the shitty 2 lane roads i drive.
The coopers run super smooth and quite so far but also seem a lot heavier... could be my imagination.

THe coopers are a solid tire for sure. I like th jeep too. I dont think there is a more streetable/capable rig than a 40" ton'd JK....

Took it out for a 3 day weekend with the family and friends. It seemed to do everything i wanted it to and in a couple areas where i struggled on the stickys the coopers walked right through. Sure it could have been slightly different lines or whatever but they did not disapoint at all.

Not much i want to change or do to it except maybe a quieter muffler.

I think it was a good buy. Everything is done. Also, it is a great platform to grow or wheel the tities off of and sell it for a good return. I bet you could find a build thread of it somewhere so you know what all was done to it.

Make sure your oil is topped off (mine liked to drink a little) and send an oil sample in to blackstone next oil change. I killed a 3.8 in my JK.

How's the gearing? Stock 2.7 case or?

Seems like a good doubler case like a blackbox/205 or 4spd atlas would be the next step and probably up the value quite a bit.

How's the gearing? Stock 2.7 case or?

Seems like a good doubler case like a blackbox/205 or 4spd atlas would be the next step and probably up the value quite a bit.
Im pretty sure the stock case is 4-1 ? :homer:

It seems plenty low with the auto, tcase in low, and 5.38s. Currently i cant imagine it would do better being any lower.

Dude that was last month, you expect me to remember that?

For some reason, I really thought it was a non Rubicon, I must have been thinking of another buddies JK :confused:

Hopefully the rubicon case lasts, id prefer to not have to spend any significant amount of money on this thing... and if i break something im going to upgrade.

I really need to figure out the alignment. Ive always done fine with a tape measure but cant seem to find the sweet spot. It started way toed out and was super twitchy (absolutly 0 play) and unstable. I switched it to 3/8 toed in at the front of the tires and i drives way better (appropriate amount of play) except for small bumps/potholes at 30-45 where it gets the pre death wobble steering wheel shakes. It never gets any worse but does have a significant amount of feed back to the wheels.

The axles appear centered under the truck and measure square to eachother front to back. I also have the top of the knuckle 6* behind the bottom which is how ive always set up my big dumb street trucks.

Dude that was last month, you expect me to remember that?

For some reason, I really thought it was a non Rubicon, I must have been thinking of another buddies JK :confused:

Top Back Refresh