What's new

Is this a good deal ?

Wilson Combat, Daniel Defense, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, DPMS just to name few. Plus a mish mash of various manufacturers that I, my friends and family put together. If I was going to fork out the money it would be Wilson Combat.

So your giving advice about a gun you have no experience with, got it.

Glad your eyesight is still good.
My eyes don't get along with iron sights as well as they once did. I still do alright, just not 20-20 anymore.

That should be an alright starter rifle. If you find yourself shooting a bunch, you will probably want to step up to something better.

I wouldn't spend much money modifying that rifle. Much like modifying cars, you don't ever get that money back if you sell it.

No. I have been asked by other people, like at the DMV, and I haven't had any negative reaction. They've all said welcome to Idaho.
I'm starting to believe that whole "we don't want California people" is just another bullshit intardnet crap by a few ignorant loudmouths.
You couldn't be more wrong.

There's hardly anything more entertaining than nit-wits arguing. This is the very foundation of the 3 Stooges.
Some guidelines: ANYONE that tells you "that's junk" or "garbage" is someone to totally disregard. They have no understanding of an AR15 beyond beerhall arguments.
The Armalite and it's derivatives were developed to meet a particular standard that makes Gun Guys squirm. Anyone can make them by the thousands. If we needed 100 million more rifles, the industrial base of this nation produce them with amazing speed. This was in answer, you see, to the AK47 - that similar nitwits argue about.
If you look a the construction, if it goes together AT ALL, it works great. All brands. If they're built to spec - and they are - they fit. And if they fit, they fire. It shoots great for what it is. The rest is just for argument and posturing. The very cheapest parts by the very most disregarded AR producers still hold perfectly serviceable groups and entirely dependable operation.
(of course there's always someone with a story and there's always a numbskull that can't put one together, but again, disregard.)
The sum total of the forces of the Upper are transferred by two pins to the lower and then to the buttstock. There is no bedding. There is no 'quality' of wood. But Gun Guys can't leave that alone. They have to have designer brands and elitist snobbery like women in a coffee clatch.
Now, yes, an AR can be made better. No one says otherwise.
But the talk only goes downhill. Always. Only downhill.
Pretty soon the "trust your life" bunch come out and pontificate about brand names again.
Get whatever you can afford.
Besides, pretty soon, there will be rifles going to the landfill for lack of ammo. The tough talking Gun Rights crowd will all turn out to be listless and cowards that will no more take up their rifle to bring about change than dance a ballet. That's how it always happens and this time will be no different.

So instead of being a dick why don’t you tell us exactly why they sucked ass??
Nobodys being a dick, you're talking about something you know nothing about. Simple
A simple search would tell you about the issue with that company and their weapons, they started out selling pistols. My job isn't to do your work for you but when you tell someone its good to go I'm going to call bullshit.
Try staying in your lane and speak to what you know, you won't look so foolish.

Just so you know, when throwing out your pedigree (which wasn't the question) you don't get to take credit for things your friends and other family members did. :lmao:

So again, no input as to why they suck. Got it. :laughing::laughing: Diamondback has been making AR15s since 2013. I’m sure whatever “sucked ass” on them has been corrected.

He's not wrong we are just polite to strangers.

Besides, pretty soon, there will be rifles going to the landfill for lack of ammo. The tough talking Gun Rights crowd will all turn out to be listless and cowards that will no more take up their rifle to bring about change than dance a ballet. That's how it always happens and this time will be no different.

but can' you smack it into a tree.... :flipoff2:

There's hardly anything more entertaining than nit-wits arguing. This is the very foundation of the 3 Stooges.
Some guidelines: ANYONE that tells you "that's junk" or "garbage" is someone to totally disregard. They have no understanding of an AR15 beyond beerhall arguments.
The Armalite and it's derivatives were developed to meet a particular standard that makes Gun Guys squirm. Anyone can make them by the thousands. If we needed 100 million more rifles, the industrial base of this nation produce them with amazing speed. This was in answer, you see, to the AK47 - that similar nitwits argue about.
If you look a the construction, if it goes together AT ALL, it works great. All brands. If they're built to spec - and they are - they fit. And if they fit, they fire. It shoots great for what it is. The rest is just for argument and posturing. The very cheapest parts by the very most disregarded AR producers still hold perfectly serviceable groups and entirely dependable operation.
(of course there's always someone with a story and there's always a numbskull that can't put one together, but again, disregard.)
The sum total of the forces of the Upper are transferred by two pins to the lower and then to the buttstock. There is no bedding. There is no 'quality' of wood. But Gun Guys can't leave that alone. They have to have designer brands and elitist snobbery like women in a coffee clatch.
Now, yes, an AR can be made better. No one says otherwise.
But the talk only goes downhill. Always. Only downhill.
Pretty soon the "trust your life" bunch come out and pontificate about brand names again.
Get whatever you can afford.
Thank you for that post. That's exactly why I disregard the huge majority of the posts in this thread. aron82 and Aisin were pretty much the only ones that provided useful info on the AR in question. The rest followed the line of nonsense in your post.

I wouldn't have bought that thing, if nothing else but because of the Carbine gas system.

Glad there's no confirmation bias up in here.:homer:

Thank you for that post. That's exactly why I disregard the huge majority of the posts in this thread. aron82 and Aisin were pretty much the only ones that provided useful info on the AR in question. The rest followed the line of nonsense in your post.

Except that guys not correct. Clearly, if parts were parts then the MIM parts that Diamondback uses/used wouldn't have been an issue. Except they were.
The shitty cheap Chinese barrels they and others used/use wouldn't have been shot out in < 500 rounds and the gas tubes wouldn't have melted. Except they did.

Cheap guns are not the same as shitty guns

Useful info ? To give you the details about what makes a good gun wouldn't have mattered, you wouldn't have understood it.
Plenty people gave you better choices but you chose to ignore it.

In the end you did what you wanted to, good for you. Go shoot and enjoy yourself.

Except that guys not correct.
And he'll say you're not correct. I asked about a specific weapon and 90% + of the posts were "that's shit" or "no it's not".
BTW, I used info from many other sources than here for my decision, so because I didn't follow YOUR advice doesn't mean
I went and did whatever I wanted in the first place. That claim is just another example of IBB ASSumption.

And he'll say you're not correct. I asked about a specific weapon and 90% + of the posts were "that's shit" or "no it's not".
BTW, I used info from many other sources than here for my decision, so because I didn't follow YOUR advice doesn't mean
I went and did whatever I wanted in the first place. That claim is just another example of IBB ASSumption.

I didn't say anything about my recommendation, I said plenty of people gave you good options but you ignored them because it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Thats ok, you do you.

That guy will say I'm wrong but what he posted is just his opinion.
I posted facts and my experience with that brand. If you did a simple internet search you'd have found those same facts.

I didn't say anything about my recommendation, I said plenty of people gave you good options but you ignored them because it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Thats ok, you do you.

I posted facts and my experience with that brand. If you did a simple internet search you'd have found those same facts.
And you just made another wrong assumption. Par for the course around here. You assume things with zero facts to back them up.
Just because I didn't follow YOUR advice doesn't mean I ignored it. Learn the difference, but somehow That advice will fall on
deaf ears because it's not what YOU want to hear.

Okay, I'm fairly up on handguns, but being formerly from the restrictive state of California I never had much ability to get an AR-15 as they're "evil black guns".
There are 100's of places making AR-15's now, so sorting through all the bullshit and marketing hype is ridiculous. I don't want or need the "best" AR-15, just
a decent one that is accurate and won't self destruct in a few years, or jam repeatedly.

Welcome to freedom! :cool2: :usa::usa::usa:

You ever think about how many rounds you've shot through an AR, or how many you've built or owned? I bet those numbers are much higher than just about anyone in this thread.

And you just made another wrong assumption. Par for the course around here. You assume things with zero facts to back them up.
Just because I didn't follow YOUR advice doesn't mean I ignored it. Learn the difference, but somehow That advice will fall on
deaf ears because it's not what YOU want to hear.

You're so stupid you deserve that gun :lmao:

Reading comprehension is clearly difficult for you.

Happy shooting

They are not all created equal, but most of them will work fine for average range days and the slim chance of a home defense scenario.

Look up the School of the American Rifle videos on YouTube, he will point out how many BCG’s aren’t built to spec, yet many of them will work fine for a few hundred rounds.

You can build an engine with good quality parts, but not gap the rings properly, torque the connecting rod bolts to spec, etc, and you’ve got a ticking time bomb, not a reliable motor.

Lots of AR’s tout that they use “mil spec X”, but may not on Y, or it’s not put together properly. Gas blocks can come loose, ejector springs can be weak, etc.

That being said, some guys will have you believe that if you don’t have a Daniel Defense or Noveske it will be fine for 2,500 rounds at the range, but fail on you if you ever have to fire 10 rounds at a bad guy.

On the other hand, with the way things have been lately, I’m more interested in buying stuff that is vetted and can be counted on to pass down to my grandchildren, down to the smallest part.

Last edited:
They are not all created equal, but most of them will work fine for average range days and the slim chance of a home defense scenario.
I think we're in agreement.
All i said was "built to spec" and it'll be fine. I'm sure there are companies that have sold parts not up to spec but those are the gross exception and not the rule by a large margin.
I also said the AR can be made better and no one says otherwise -- and they are.

Another point I think we agree on are the bombastic exaggerations surrounding this topic. What they are, what you need, what the outcome will be, what will happen, etc. Even "content providers" are guilty of Mainstream Media Accuracy when it comes to rumors, unnamed sources, and generalizations. The hard work, the lab work, the actual stats on these failure claims and longevity predictions are never brought forth, only the claim and the rumor.

Perhaps you can remember back when "a .45 will break your arm if it hits you in your little finger!" I remember those talkers. They never went away, they just changed ordnance.

I had a diamondback upper. Paid around 200 for it

Overgassed, randomly hangups on feeding, meh accuracy. It was worth the 200. 600+ for one with a lower, cheap stock and basic trigger group. No thanks.

As someone else said, they are just being polite.

Tell the next 10 people you meet that you relocated here from Montana. That's when they will tell you all you ever wanted to know about why they hate Californians.

Report back about how much noone cares you are from CA.

Top Back Refresh