What's new

Is there a bolt in "cheap" passenger side drop transfer case for s10 trucks?

Got a picture? They are all driver's drop factory.
Its raining and dark, but there ya go. Shift on the floor, not pushbutton.

I like that Chevy used a push/pull cable to shift it and not a linkage.

No idea what the red wire does. Some prior owner ran it to the back. Its disconnected near the brake booster. Still need to unziptie and discard it.
I was going to put an XJ dana 30 in my last one.
20220819_194654.jpg

Last edited:
My 1994 S10 is a pass drop, I believe it should be a 231c. (Havent dropped the skid plate, but my old 94 with an auto was a 231) Behind either the NV3500 or Getrag 5 speed.

Maybe reread that, did you miss type the side of the drop?

Its raining and dark, but there ya go. Shift on the floor, not pushbutton.

I like that Chevy used a push/pull cable to shift it and not a linkage.

No idea what the red wire does. Some prior owner ran it to the back. Its disconnected near the brake booster. Still need to unziptie and discard it.
I was going to put an XJ dana 30 in my last one.
20220819_194654.jpg

Looks driver's drop to me.

AFAIK, the only trucks that use the 5 bolt pattern are the S10 series. On the 4L60E, the 5 bolt adapter can be swapped to the 6 bolt, but the 5 speeds the tailhousing is integral. NWF offers the 5 bolt pattern on their eco box, but I opted for the 6 bolt pattern.

Last edited:
I did a flipped np241 a year ago. I didn't use it, and never finished the adapter plate. I drilled a new vent hole, plugged the old, took the pump apart and modified the case so it could be installed upside down. It's still sitting on my bench.

Last edited:
Could probably done with a 23x case too.

Attachments

• KIMG0880.jpg
    KIMG0880.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • KIMG0886.jpg
    KIMG0886.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • KIMG0888.jpg
    KIMG0888.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • KIMG0890.jpg
    KIMG0890.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • KIMG0889.jpg
    KIMG0889.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • KIMG0893.jpg
    KIMG0893.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • KIMG0934.jpg
    KIMG0934.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Thank you for providing pictures. I'm replying before looking at them.

The concern I'd have with running a tcase upside down is leaking in/around the shifter or similar type issues.

I'd forgotten about the newer NP cases having a stand alone pump:homer:

Thank you for providing pictures. I'm replying before looking at them.

The concern I'd have with running a tcase upside down is leaking in/around the shifter or similar type issues.

I'd forgotten about the newer NP cases having a stand alone pump:homer:
Again I haven't used this modified case, but dont think it will leak. the shifter shaft basically goes from a front facing 3oclock to 9oclock position. If you flipped an NP205 or a Dana 300 the shift rails are below the fluid level. I can get more pictures if you want. Only hard part was the clocking plate. I have counter sunk allen bolts going into the adapter side and studs going out on the transfer case side. Never fully finished it and then moved on to another project.

Attachments

• KIMG0989.jpg
    KIMG0989.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • KIMG0994.jpg
    KIMG0994.jpg
    886.1 KB · Views: 10
  • KIMG0997.jpg
    KIMG0997.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Top Back Refresh