What's new

Iratest wife of IBB

She what?:eek:

She admitted she was wrong, willingly?:confused:

That's how many "you're rights" I've gotten. Yes, I've counted. Our first one was just after our wedding photo shoot headed to the restaurant. You can tell she tries so hard to not say it, but it slips out every so often. :laughing:

That's how many "you're rights" I've gotten. Yes, I've counted. Our first one was just after our wedding photo shoot headed to the restaurant. You can tell she tries so hard to not say it, but it slips out every so often. :laughing:

You're doing better than I am...

Currently at 1.428.

Yup she said it once and it sort of slipped out halfway once.:laughing: Usually I get "why do you always have to try to be right":rolleyes:

I was talking about going to Baja. My wife said there have been a lot of murders in Baja recently by the cartels. She doesn’t want me to go. I said (semi-joking) that she was crushing my dreams. She is upset. Says she doesn’t want to feel like she is crushing my dreams. but she doesn’t want me to go to Baja.

So who wants to go to Baja in February?

DMG said:
I was talking about going to Baja. My wife said there have been a lot of murders in Baja recently by the cartels. She doesn’t want me to go. I said (semi-joking) that she was crushing my dreams. She is upset. Says she doesn’t want to feel like she is crushing my dreams. but she doesn’t want me to go to Baja.

She going to take out a new life insurance policy on you? :laughing:

Things have been strained since my mom died last year and I didn't comingle my inheritance. I'm not even finished splitting up the estate and its already weird. I just know her too well. She thinks that money in the bank is to be spent as quickly as possible.

You must be my doppler, My mom also passed last year. I made my chick sign a contract before I paid off the house stating if we sold I would get my money out before we split the profit. I thought I was doing well, but since she has been out of work for 6 months I'm starting to wonder.

Been married for about 31 years, second marriage for both of us..We have an occasional fight but it's quickly forgotten. She is a hottie hillbilly and can skin and butcher any animal, old time home skills like canning and making soap. She worked for years doing food prep and cooking in greasy spoons.Very skilled with a knife. One time ,earlier in our relationship, she was prepping dinner and I was fondling her. Several times she said to stop. I continued and in a blink of an eye she had a boning knife to my throat. Then said "when I say fuck off, fuck off. I tried to stab my ex husband for fucking with me"..It was a true story and instead of being scared I was turned on and we had wild sex...

You must be my doppler, My mom also passed last year. I made my chick sign a contract before I paid off the house stating if we sold I would get my money out before we split the profit. I thought I was doing well, but since she has been out of work for 6 months I'm starting to wonder.

The wife is Italian / Brazilian and has that Latin temper. It usually wears off as fast as it comes on, but lately its turned into a slow burn. I liked the on and off, light switch type much better.

My wife said I should pay off the house with my money, like it was hers too. I have 2/3 of it invested in tax deferred funds. Guaranteed rate of return. The interest on the mortgage is only 2.99% so if I can invest the money with a guaranteed minimum return of 7% it would be stupid to pay off the house. 7% is the magic number for a investment to double every 10 years. The mortgage interest is a partial tax write-off. I think what really pissed her off from the start was she had to sign a form when I listed our only daughter as the sole beneficiary to the investment accounts. My only child isn't going to get a retirement like I have, they just are not available anymore. If I can set up a fund that will end up with a few million for her in 25 years, I will have done my job as a parent, even if I am not around anymore. Daughter thinks a lot like me; she wants to get out of California eventually. Having a home on a decent amount of land in northern Arizona means she can retire up there and bring her horses. With the land and money in the bank, she will not owe anybody anything for the rest of her life. Its that's not the American dream, then I guess I got it wrong. One of the things that bothers me the most is the wife doesn't seem to understand that I am saving the vast majority of my inheritance for OUR daughter.

In reality, the wife will not need any money if I die. She will get 85% of my retirement, she has her own retirement and a few 457/401's that have been going for 25 years. The house is nearly paid off, no car payments, etc. Since I took over managing our money 25 or so years ago, we have been doing fine.

I know I am defending my wife's behavior, but she grew up rich, like Richie Rich rich, but in Italy and Brazil. Drivers, cooks, maids, the whole bit. As an example, her father had had built a custom mansion and when he showed it to his wife she decided she didn't like it. He had it torn down and built another one more to her liking. That's how much money they had. He owned a fleet of fishing boats. They lost everything right about when the wife turned 18, most of it was spent moving around the world trying to keep their only son alive who eventually died from cancer. She was shipped off to America to live with relatives and go to college. The wife grew up thinking money really did grow on trees and was to be freely spent.

Mine dropped off the divorce papers two days after i moved from pbb to ibb, So i guess you could say she was irate?

You say "dropped off" indicating she was living elsewhere before hand?

Lost my mom of 87 yrs last December.

Condolences to you dude.

The wife is Italian / Brazilian and has that Latin temper. It usually wears off as fast as it comes on, but lately its turned into a slow burn. I liked the on and off, light switch type much better.

My wife said I should pay off the house with my money, like it was hers too. I have 2/3 of it invested in tax deferred funds. Guaranteed rate of return. The interest on the mortgage is only 2.99% so if I can invest the money with a guaranteed minimum return of 7% it would be stupid to pay off the house. 7% is the magic number for a investment to double every 10 years. The mortgage interest is a partial tax write-off. I think what really pissed her off from the start was she had to sign a form when I listed our only daughter as the sole beneficiary to the investment accounts. My only child isn't going to get a retirement like I have, they just are not available anymore. If I can set up a fund that will end up with a few million for her in 25 years, I will have done my job as a parent, even if I am not around anymore. Daughter thinks a lot like me; she wants to get out of California eventually. Having a home on a decent amount of land in northern Arizona means she can retire up there and bring her horses. With the land and money in the bank, she will not owe anybody anything for the rest of her life. Its that's not the American dream, then I guess I got it wrong. One of the things that bothers me the most is the wife doesn't seem to understand that I am saving the vast majority of my inheritance for OUR daughter.

In reality, the wife will not need any money if I die. She will get 85% of my retirement, she has her own retirement and a few 457/401's that have been going for 25 years. The house is nearly paid off, no car payments, etc. Since I took over managing our money 25 or so years ago, we have been doing fine.

I know I am defending my wife's behavior, but she grew up rich, like Richie Rich rich, but in Italy and Brazil. Drivers, cooks, maids, the whole bit. As an example, her father had had built a custom mansion and when he showed it to his wife she decided she didn't like it. He had it torn down and built another one more to her liking. That's how much money they had. He owned a fleet of fishing boats. They lost everything right about when the wife turned 18, most of it was spent moving around the world trying to keep their only son alive who eventually died from cancer. She was shipped off to America to live with relatives and go to college. The wife grew up thinking money really did grow on trees and was to be freely spent.

That's an intelligent financial breakdown, I must say. Spend some money buying her nice purses and suggest she fill them instead of emptying them? :cookie:

The interest on the mortgage is only 2.99% so if I can invest the money with a guaranteed minimum return of 7% it would be stupid to pay off the house.

I didn't touch the stocks and IRA. The third I got from her Condo sale in Rancho Bernardo more than payed off my house LOL...... One of the benefits of moving out of Komifornia.

I go to koh every year and was thinking about sneaking in a couple days down to san Felipe and ensenada.

Thats awesome man.

But one question.......what are these tax deferred funds with guaranteed min 7% returns? For real.... im young and trying to invest in my future.....I want in on that kind of guaranteed return.:eek:

Spend some money buying her nice purses and suggest she fill them instead of emptying them? :cookie:

I might just try that purse thing, she does like purses and shoes. Oh God, the shoes...

Thats awesome man.

But one question.......what are these tax deferred funds with guaranteed min 7% returns? For real.... im young and trying to invest in my future.....I want in on that kind of guaranteed return.:eek:
I waited longer than I should have to start thinking about retirement. Start now because the time goes quicker than you can imagine. You should talk to a financial advisor. I use the same guy my Dad used because he made him a lot of money, slow and steady, long haul type investments. If your employer has some type of fund matching retirement, get into that and max it out. You won't notice it after a few months, and you don't have to pay taxes on the money invested. Always opt for a self-managed account if possible so you get to chose what you want to invest with.

I have one from Nationwide that is performing much higher than the guaranteed minimum rate, like 14-18% a year the past three years. That could change if Trump doesn't get reelected. Before Trump it was averaging about 8-10% a year. The only problem with those is you need to roll them into another tax deferred type savings plan, like a 401 or 457, or just suck it up and pay the taxes. When my Mom died last year, she had one of those accounts with Nationwide that my Dad got into several years ago and I talked her into keeping after he died in 2015. It made a shit-load of money and the trust had to pay a chunk in taxes, but you always have to pay taxes eventually. I also have money in stable company stocks that pay dividends, like Pepsi, CISCO, Texas Instruments, Costco and Waste Management. Don't gamble, invest. I have them in a account that I only look at every three months or so and just file the monthly statements. If you look at it all the time it makes you crazy.

Non essential travel into Mexico is a hurdle you may find difficult to traverse due to the (shitty beer) virus thing.

Top Back Refresh