What's new

Irate4x4.com Blocked at Work

rugger

TheOrginalMiataGuy
Member Number
Loc
Roanoke, VA
Something changed between Friday and today. It’s blocked now but the old site is still open. What in the algorithm would differentiate the two?

Irate could have been flagged for your company firewall software.

They could have looked at the number of hits and determined you spent to much time there.

I get a warning that it's not on the security data base and to drag and drop an icon to continue. Been like that since day one for me.

Is looking at internet forums somehow related to your job? If not,turn it off ,lol.

Most webfilters subscribe to list services for domain categorization and reputation. If this domain makes a listed category that is filtered, bam it's blocked. Or your admins could have manually added it due to peaking their interest. They can also white list it if it does make a list or is incorrectly categorized in their flavor of filtering/proxy.

​​​​​​I don't see this domain blacklisted on spamhaus so it's probably your local yahoos dicking you. Submit a ticket and tell them you use it for research.:flipoff2:

It does have some issues and any of these could get it categorized by your filter to block it, especially dns serials not matching.

IMG_20200526_131131_1.jpg

Last edited:
Most webfilters subscribe to list services for domain categorization and reputation. If this domain makes a listed category that is filtered, bam it's blocked. Or your admins could have manually added it due to peaking their interest. They can also white list it if it does make a list or is incorrectly categorized in their flavor of filtering/proxy.

​​​​​​I don't see this domain blacklisted on spamhaus so it's probably your local yahoos dicking you. Submit a ticket and tell them you use it for research.:flipoff2:

It does have some issues and any of these could get it categorized by your filter to block it, especially dns serials not matching.

this guy.

if they don't budge or you don't want to budge them, VPN is the answer.

I know my work filters catch it because it's a new domain and the filter hasn't had time to figure out what kind of site it is. My filter literally tells me its blocked because its uncategorized.

Most webfilters subscribe to list services for domain categorization and reputation.

Most firewalls reference lists like this. If everything isn't on the up and up it gets black or grey listed. More developed places will have someone going through and auditing the traffic turning up on these lists, and permanently blacklist etc.

On VPN's in the workplace - we scan, it's against our policy. I suppose you'll probably get away with it at smaller org's but detecting rogue VPN clients and traffic is a thing.

Irate could have been flagged for your company firewall software.

They could have looked at the number of hits and determined you spent to much time there.

It's this an of interest to Austin, maybe only in passing I don't run a site.

irate has shown up on the subscription list of recreational/ghey-area websites flagged by commercial firewall software. Austin would want to know he's on the block list.

Mine came up as blocked yesterday, but then allowed me on a few minutes later. I also seem to intermittently get the "agreement to irate4x4 terms" page when opening the site.

Top Back Refresh