What's new

Inventory software for gun stuff

grandeyota

Word
Member Number
Loc
Bermuda Triangle
I had and liked mygundb from 10 years ago when it was posted up on the old board. Then 10 years happened and I don’t have that software anymore. It looks like that site has the China AIDS now so just using the same software again is out.

Anything else around worth looking at?

I used a spreadsheet by the name of Prometheus but that was in the late 1980's - early 1990's it was on 3.5" floppy and dont know that it's still in production.

I can’t tell how much of this is a sincere need for software assistance, and how much is a, “look at all my cool gun stuff, I have so much I can’t keep track, no big deal.” I’m just jealous :grinpimp:

It’s not a need really, I probably have less than most here :laughing:.

That old software was just pretty cool and I guess I got spoiled using it. It let you add stuff like pics, PDFs of manuals, cost and sale price, round count, and I’m sure a lot more I didn’t dig into to use.

Just seeing if there was something easy out there before I sat down and poorly designed a spreadsheet.

That does sound pretty great, I won’t lie. I have no valuable input, so I’ll will keep quiet and listen in, maybe somebody has the newest version

I can’t tell how much of this is a sincere need for software assistance, and how much is a, “look at all my cool gun stuff, I have so much I can’t keep track, no big deal.” I’m just jealous :grinpimp:

I thought it was normal to trip over a gun in the shop and stare at it in wonder, trying to remember when you bought it... :laughing:

I have opened drawers/cabinets and found that AR I was looking for 3 months ago. Turns out after you get a dozen black rifles they just end up hiding everywhere.

I should use excel
instead I just look at the freedom pile from time to time and wonder if any of them are missing
then I remember that I don't even have a head count

really should get on that sometime

I just use a spreadsheet. I made it in Excel, saved it a few places and have it uploaded to my Google Drive too. There's some formatting issues viewing the .xlxs file I made on Google Sheets, but I don't usually need to view it online, I just treat it as a cloud backup.

Pretty simple, these are my columns on Sheet 1:
MakeModelCaliber/GaugeS/NDistinguishing Characteristic

I have model as a clickable link to pictures of the firearm on Sheet 2.

I've got a macro lens for my 80D mainly so I could take pictures of the serial numbers (any excuse for a new toy) :grinpimp:. The S/N is a clickable link to a photo of the S/N on Sheet 3.

Distinguishing characteristics are pretty self explanatory, I'll note if its a special/commemorative edition, distinct markings, and what, if any, accessories like scope, light, etc. are on it.

The Milwaukee OneKey app can do most of what you want.
It’s free…

Top Back Refresh